A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic & Knuckles 2

Ayling

Sonic & Knuckles 2 is a little project I started.

Please mind the bastard background with its Emerald hill sky, Aquatic ruin mountains, and Green hill water.

This game will eventually feature at least 8 zones with 2 acts each, each with its own gimmicks. There will be at least 3 shields with abilities, there'll be Chaos emeralds and Super Sonic and Knuckles(who will be able to do stuff).

How does this look?

"retro-rotation" ins't working properly by what I saw.

Rest is good except the name and Knuckles' Sprites I guess.

You mean the part on the ball? I'm going to need to add speed limits on the ball so you don't fall sideways like that. And what's wrong with Knux's sprites?

You mean the part on the ball? I'm going to need to add speed limits on the ball so you don't fall sideways like that. And what's wrong with Knux's sprites

The ball it's ok, but the Knux sprites are also strange because of his left hand that looks like holding a ring like in Knuckles' Chaotix. You could change its colors to a stronger pallete (specially the red) or smooth and light the Sonic's colors.

I'll just give a little warning here. Fangames with names that sound like direct sequels to real Sega games (i.e. Sonic 4, Sonic & Knuckles 2, Sonic Battle 2, etc.) really turn me away. When I hear of games with names like that, I assume that the creator of such games is a n00b who thinks that his MSPaint Shadow fangame is better than any game that Sega has ever created. Not that I think that of you personally, but maybe the name could be a little better.

I'll just give a little warning here. Fangames with names that sound like direct sequels to real Sega games (i.e. Sonic 4, Sonic & Knuckles 2, Sonic Battle 2, etc.) really turn me away. When I hear of games with names like that, I assume that the creator of such games is a n00b who thinks that his MSPaint Shadow fangame is better than any game that Sega has ever created. Not that I think that of you personally, but maybe the name could be a little better.

I would QFT, but I actually don't think there has been a Sonic & Knuckles 2 yet...

I just don't like the KC Knux sprite period... Alot of the sprites from that game just look wonky, particularly with that awful "high depth 2D Sprite" shading style.

Implementing the ball was a pretty nifty idea imo, but I want to see more of YOUR work on the game. There isn't really much else I can say because in the end you are using Dami's engine.