A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Bands you'd like to see doing music for the Sonic franchise?

Sockman

Jet Grind Radio is different. Jet Grind Radio is meant to be a pop-cultural related game. Hell, graffiti is at the forefront of the themes. Guilty Gear is also different. Every character and most of their moves is a reference to rock and roll.

In any event, I'm sick of the current generational notion that every Sonic game needs an overarching rock theme. It just isn't ideal if Sonic is supposed to be SEGA's Mario.

It fits in with everything else really. It's just another part of the whole angle that the series has taken since Sonic Adventure (and only gotten more invasive over the years) that turns me off.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, rock is alot more dramatic than anything else kids listen to these days. And Sega can't make a 3D game without drama so that's why they have it in there. If, by some off chance, they were to throw dialogue completely out the window and make an A to B to C 3d sonic game, maybe then we'll have a guitar-free soundtrack.

I agree with DW that it should fit the theme of a level, but that still allows for some rock themes. Of course, you're not going to be going through a forest and hearing super speedy epic metal, but in a city setting perhaps you would.

Basically I would prefer if they didn't just get one band to do music. They should have a lot of different genres for different environments.

Yeah, thats the missing point I wanted to make... balance. Having a little rock is perfectly cool and expected. But expecting rock in general to represent the series is just so entirely wrong to me... and yet thats what they want to act like, that just any rock song can be made a Sonic song by stripping the vocals, throwing in some really cheesy bullshit lyrics, and playing it over a level. Its just annoying.

Well, personally, I preferred Shadow's music to Sonic's in SA2. Probably because it was so much more varied. Like...Final Fall (or whatever Sonic's final level was) annoyed me cause by then, the rock music was just trying too hard. I loved Shadow's though (cept getting A rank. what a maniacal bitch).

And DW, sometimes the constant rockage worked when they actually TRIED. Pyramid Cave had a great song for that level, but like i said, by Sonic's last level, they just gave up. And for subsequent games too (although Heroes had a healthy balance of rock and other stuff I think)

I agree, but it'd be kind of nice if they tried something different.

Oh, and also...

C'mon light the fuse,

Now he's rocking and he's ready to go,

Cuz now the countdown has started and he's ready to blow,

He's got the dope sounds pumping on the stereo,

He acts fast, putting on a show,

C'mon now get yourself together there's no time to rest,

And if you put the time in, he'll put ya to the test,

He's like a running man, in his world, war is less,

And if you wanna test him, best bring your best,

Don't make me spell it out, bring your best.

In this wUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRLLLLLLDDDDDDdd

Where life is strong,

In this WWWWWWWWUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLDDDDDDDD

Life's an open book,

In this WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWUUUUUURLLLLLDDDDDD

Where compromise does not exist,

In his wURRRRRRRRRRRRLDDDDDDDD, this world's every step, meets the rest!

WWWWWWWWWURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

Fixed.

Yes, different would be very nice.

God. I already hated the game, when i heard the chorus to that song i just died.

And yes Shadix, i enjoyed Never Turn Back more than His World. Perhaps only because it was the only remotely good thing about Shadow the Hedgehog, or maybe just because Sonic the Hedgehog fucking sucked.

I stick by what i said about just having normal instrumentals instead of lyrical themes. By this point, if Crush40 isnt doing it, it isnt going to sound right to me anymore. (I cant fucking believe Sonic Team would hire someone other THAN crush40. Their just losing their minds completely.)

I loved SA's music, i love SA2's music, and i loved Heroes' music. Hell, Shadow the Hedgehog even had good music. (one of its savers.) I love how in SA2 the music kind of fit the theme. (like what aerosol is talking about.) I did enjoy Shadow's music alot more than Sonic's, but i have to say i enjoyed the tracks Senoue did for Tails more than any tracks in the game, since they followed that really awesome guitar style he's so signature for. (which is why i'd have to say i liked SA's music the most. Most of the music was done like that.)

Highway Street, Eternal Engine, Hidden Base, Prison Base, and that Omichao music that plays during the tutorial are my absolute favroite tracks in that game. I also liked Sky Rail, White Jungle and the Grind Race level from SA2B. Not to mention the Sonic Advance series tracks and Sonic Battle (which had some great music)

I really think they should just do a game where they allow Senoue to do most of the main music, i mean hell he did everything for the orginal sonic games, and they still sound great. I love the way he plays, and it always fits perfect in the sonic games.

Do i have to make fun of the chorus AGAIN?

Dont make me make fun of the chorus again.

Hello, my name is opinion. You know, for some reason I doubt you've even listen to the Zebrahead cover, if only because it'd be unlike Sereph. I mean, Sereph must be terrified by the thought of running out of things to bitch about.

Do i have to upload the song from my computer?

Dont make me upload the song from my computer.

You DO know that Mr. Opinion has ALOT of siblings, rite? And that all those siblings don't always enjoy the same types of things, rite? amirite?

I found the Zebrahead cover to be just as corny as oh say, the Sonic Heroes song. Of course i don't expect everyone to think that.

Oddly, when i heard Super Sonic Racing on Brawl, instead of ONLY laughing uncontrollably i sat and listened to it for what seemed like, oh 5 minutes, and then was surprised that not only do i KNOW the whole song is missing, but that i was SAD about the fact.

Oh yeah :

DONT MAKE ME SPELL IT OUT BRING YOUR BEST

IN HIS WWUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURLLLLLDDDDDDDDD x infinity

Just as annoying as the others.

LIVIN IN THE CITYYY

U KNOWWW U HAVE TO SURRVIVVVVEEEEEE

YOU GOT TO KEEP THAT DREAM ALIVEEEEE!!!

WHERE EVERYTHING IS FREEEEEEEEEE CANT U SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Not a single song in that soundtrack made ANY fucking sense. But still i fell in love with every single one of them, espically the Mystic Ruin place level stage.