A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

MMF2 Sonic Base Engine

Damizean

Here's something that's been laying on my hard drive for a few weeks. Long story short, I cut down most of the Sonic Worlds features using an old build, leaving the basis of the engine (along with a separated file containing the standard Sonic actions implemented), so it's usable as an stable base if you intend to fully develop an engine on your own.

I know this may seem useless, as most people would opt to just use the Sonic Worlds engine. But this serve as a version for learning how the 360 engine of Sonic Worlds works, and there's some people that like to do their own stuff, so it'll be useful for them too.

SonicBaseEngine.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey Saburo, this thread is 7 months old. It's generally a bad idea to post in a thread this old unless it's a sticky.

Post Decency:

Also, refrain from posting in old threads (more than a couple weeks old) unless you really have something important to add. Bumping your own topic for an update on information is perfectly acceptable, however.

Click here to read the rest of the forum rules. That said, I'm locking this.

By the way, this build of Sonic Worlds is very unstable compared to the newest version. If you want to make the engine mostly yourself and still use a decent base, you could download the newest version and delete everything besides basic movement so you can reprogram it yourself. Just saying.