A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Need recruits for Mecha Madness.

Hey people.

As some of you may have seen in my sig, I'm working on a project called Mecha Madness. What I am in need of is a few people to do some level design and boss AI. The main engine is 90% done so I don't need any help there. All I pretty much need is someone who can make levels. I'm willing to work on making tiles and whatnot but a level designer is what I majorly need. The other task I need someone to cover is boss AI. I have a set idea of how I want things to work so you won't ever have to worry about me going "Uhhh.... What should we do now?". If anyone is interested in helping... or atleast finding out more about Mecha Madness, you can contact me via AIM.

Thanks.

Im still preety good a level design.

Let me just say that I strongly, and I mean very strongly, doubt it. I highly doubt you've even had much experience in level design. You literally reek of greenness.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but someone who is unaccomplished absolutely must practice to get better. Try actually designing some levels and figuring out the goods and bads and improving for a while before setting out to make an actual game. Be my guest to play around in Worlds for a while. Heck, thats basically what Worlds is for right now seeing as the project has kinda transitioned to a sort of Worlds 2 if you please.

How about asking him to show some proof of his skills instead of "judging a book by its cover," yes?

EDIT: Forget what I just said, I just played this guys demo game...and yeah, you get the point.

No offense THS, but your skills are lacking in both level design, and a whole lot of other stuff. >_>;

well, I would absolutely love to help, considering I remember WAAAAAAY back the first demo of this project and it's crazy little intro. but overall I wouldn't exactly be the greatest at level design without knowing much about how the level flow needs to be handled, and even then I wouldn't be great.

bosses overall I'd be relegated to come up with their pattern based on how they look, and even then I wouldn't have scripting/coding knowledge to make it work.

If you need something like boss or enemy design, then yeah, I could probly do that. but otherwise... I guess I'm wasting your time. :[

Yeah, I still need someone to help.

Inferno said he will help you with A.I. in case you didn't catch that, no need to ask for a resume from him though, he's definitely qualified or my money back.

If you need something like boss or enemy design, then yeah, I could probly do that.

I'm gonna speak for Streak unless he says otherwise; that would be great.