A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the hedgehog - Super dash

dark team

There is already a topic with all the main rules that we strongly inforce. I think it's sufficient.

Gsoft, I don't really know what you're referring to, but it's okay to make a new topic instead of bumping your old one. If no one posted in my topic for a month, I'd probably rather create a new one than bump the old one.

Rael: I mean the 'RPFG project' and 'RPFG download' topics.

I'm finishing the new engine test, when I finish it I'll create a new topic then. This way I can use a different topic name if needed. Thanks! :-)

Dark team: Just a little thing: The HUD needs some shadows, it will make them easier to see in clear backgrounds. (and also, your English is OK, no critical mistakes whatsoever).

Its because the background color is almost the same . In other news many features added:

- Double attack

- Better braking

- Better animation system

- Better fading system

I'm currently adding homing attack and jump dash, but I wany to ask you people:

Should I remove the double attack and add homing attack instead?

@dark team: If you want to leave your game in the classic Genesis style (which I miss so much...) use the double attack.

However, if you want to make your game a little more Adventure styled, go on with the homing attack. It's up to you, but I'd stay with the double attack.

What does 360 lightdashing mean? I don't understand.

I watched the video, and I thought it was hilarious when Robotnik exploded and disappeared. Does that mean he died? His machine should have little explosions around it as he flies off, otherwise he's just... exploded. Also the speed shoes are still crazy fast, not even super sonic should be that fast imo. It would be too crazy to control. The engine looks like it's shaping up nicely though, you seem ready to move on to level designing.

The boss is so simple that it just seems lazy. It's even simpler than most basic first-zone bosses in the Sonic games. It moves forward, hits a wall, turns. The sprite for it needs a little tweaking, too. the wheels need perspective. On a car that's slightly turned toward the viewer you need to see all 4 wheels, such as in the first Sonic 2 boss.