A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What are you listening to?

hRook

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadix: Lulz your face.

Keane - Is it Any Wonder?

Anyone have any information on Benjamin Gibbard? I thought I read somewhere over summer break that he wanted to do another Postal Service album. I figure TwoDee might know..

I'm just wondering why you torture yourself, listening to the new linkin park, possibly the most artistically deprived album in history... I used to like LP, when they were you know, original, but honestly I can't stand listening to this crap they have DONNNNEEE. I swear I haven't heard such chord stickage (G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G BEST CHORD PROGRESSION EVER) since LA Woman by the Doors, cept they had enough originality to make hanging on the same chord not a total bore.

Nice block?

My response:

Because people who like bad music make the problem worse, because that means you are ignorant enough and willing to pay for it causing the industry to make more bad music. Honestly it's when people wake up and see they are the victims of a slowly encroaching corporate trap that has systematically over the last 20 years streamlined music into a cheap and easy sellable package and it's listeners to the point where they can chunk whatever the hell they want out the window and people will listen to it. It isn't about the music anymore, it's all about the money, and you are part of the tool that makes their scheme work.

I mean, why should the music industry waste the energy, time, and money producing good music when people are brainwashed and "content" enough to buy the crap they shove out, under the impression it is good music. In addition to pure crap, we also have alot of cookie cutter music, as you can hear if you listen to Punk Rock or even worse, country, with the only major difference between the songs being a different set of lyrics. The worst part of this is somehow the industry has manipulated or perhaps exploited the lyrical portion to the point where most people who listen to this newage music do so for the words, and now have difficulty understanding when you try to introduce them to more, well, musical music.

Being an instrumentalist, producer, vocalist, songwriter, musician, etc, this pisses me off, mainly because it's becoming harder to FIND good new music, and it effectively makes it more difficult for me to get into the industry in a state like this. All of the real musicians are effectively trapped at the Indie level or in more obscurity and can't get INTO the spotlight because of this.

Hey, Shadix, guess what? I don't really give a damn, hence my "block." I don't feel like arguing with you, hence why I only responded to your paragraph long response with a single sentence. I don't really care.

Keane- Crystal Ball

Just got Keane's albums relatively recently. They're beautiful.

Hey, Shadix, guess what? I don't really give a damn, hence my "block." I don't feel like arguing with you, hence why I only responded to your paragraph long response with a single sentence. I don't really care.

Keane- Crystal Ball

Just got Keane's albums relatively recently. They're beautiful.

Then don't ask why I care.

(Edit: actually scratch that, since, knowing Scatta, he'll be knit picky about the wording.)
Just understand that this is why I loathe you in the future, and don't ask why when I deny you access into my utopian society when I take over the world.

Edit: Oh, and maxsonic, quit being such a friggin idiot and read my post. I explained EXACTLY why I care, why it matters, and, surprise why you are a tool to the corporate giants. learn2read.

I guess the best thing to do rather than bitch is actually give you music to broaden your tastes to. I remember back in the day when I was a Linkin Park fan (back when they were good), then slowly my tastes evolved after I got an ipod and started experimenting with different genres, listening to many different bands. Alice In Chains encapsulated me at first listen... It gave a much richer feeling than Linkin Park did, and since then I've kindof grown out of LP. I don't not listen to LP out of principle, in fact , if I refused to listen to something out of principle it would contradict my open view towards music, I just can't listen to them anymore without getting bored.

It was definitely more of a statement than a question. Stop treating me like I'm below you and have to be educated. They were nu metal and nu metal hasn't been original for a long, long time so they changed their sound. I don't care if you agree with how they sound now. And I don't need to be educated. And they represent only a tiny fraction of what I listen to. Maybe I wasn't blunt enough at first or with my last post, so I will be now: get off my ass, Shadix. Stop your bitching. I don't give a damn. Take this to the debate forum, maybe?

Imogen Heap- The Walk