A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Discussion

DimensionWarped

Best Wii game?

Was Mario Galaxy not there?

I mean, we ARE talking about a game developed by Sonic Team, right?

Yes Mario and Sonic, Mario Galaxy and Wii Fitness was all nominees for best Wii game, so it did beat out the best looking Wii game there, amazing isn't it?

And no, this is not G.E. Dept. #1, this game is being developed by SEGA's Sports Design R&D Japan, formed completely by members from Smilebit, you know, the guys behind Jet Set Radio, Typing of the Dead, Panzer Dragoon Orta and GunValkyrie.

Yes Mario and Sonic, Mario Galaxy and Wii Fitness was all nominees for best Wii game, so it did beat out the best looking Wii game there, amazing isn't it?

And no, this is not G.E. Dept. #1, this game is being developed by SEGA's Sports Design R&D Japan, formed completely by members from Smilebit, you know, the guys behind Jet Set Radio, Typing of the Dead, Panzer Dragoon Orta and GunValkyrie.

Still...it beat Galaxy?!

So did Metroid Prime 3 sink or something because I haven't heard people mentioning it as a possible herald of "best game", nor Smash Bros for that matter.

I don't think either of those games were at Leipzig this year, I think only Mario & Sonic, Mario Galaxy and Wii Fitness were the only Wii/worthwhile Wii products there.

Anyway, if anyone wants to see the list of nominees.

- Source

As for the game itself, the last time I played a SEGA Olympic game was on the Saturn, and I really did enjoy that game. Media impression seems generally positive (with the only negative coming from, yes, Sonic being able to be beat by Peach) and some of the games, such as the archery event, looking like it'll be pretty fun. Add to this, the team members all coming from Smilebit, I'm pretty sure this should be a fairly enjoyable game. = ]

Now the only problem is this game, SEGA Rally Revo, Metroid Prime 3, Sonic Rush Adventure, Assassin's Creed, Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, NiGHTS, Ghost Squad, Zelda: PHG, Bleach DS, Rogue Galaxy (We European get almost everything late = [) The Club, maybe Heavenly Sword(s) and Ratchet and Clank 4 are all coming out this year too, I'm going to be spending a bit too much towards the end of this year...

So did Metroid Prime 3 sink or something because I haven't heard people mentioning it as a possible herald of "best game", nor Smash Bros for that matter.

MP3 wasn't there, methinks, due to the date it would be launched or whatever. Could be wrong.

The game's good. Starts off Halo-y, then Prime Hunters-y, then becomes Metroid, then fetch quest, and finally the finale, which was ho-hum. Not much of an ending to the Phazon Trilogy, if you ask me.

I don't think either of those games were at Leipzig this year, I think only Mario & Sonic, Mario Galaxy and Wii Fitness were the only Wii/worthwhile Wii products there.

Anyway, if anyone wants to see the list of nominees.

- Source

As for the game itself, the last time I played a SEGA Olympic game was on the Saturn, and I really did enjoy that game. Media impression seems generally positive (with the only negative coming from, yes, Sonic being able to be beat by Peach) and some of the games, such as the archery event, looking like it'll be pretty fun. Add to this, the team members all coming from Smilebit, I'm pretty sure this should be a fairly enjoyable game. = ]

Now the only problem is this game, SEGA Rally Revo, Metroid Prime 3, Sonic Rush Adventure, Assassin's Creed, Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, NiGHTS, Ghost Squad, Zelda: PHG, Bleach DS, Rogue Galaxy (We European get almost everything late = [) The Club, maybe Heavenly Sword(s) and Ratchet and Clank 4 are all coming out this year too, I'm going to be spending a bit too much towards the end of this year...

Well... I can help widdle things down for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks fun and all, but on a logical standard:

Sonic would have lapped everyone 50+ times

Knuckles would have sent that javelin into orbit.

Cream wouldn't be holding that gun

Shadow doesn't run

Other than that, We'll see how good this game is when its out.