A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Anyone interested in site design?

Smidge204

Okay, it should come as absolutely no surprise that my design and artistic skills are... lacking, to be polite about it. So after spending what, two week or so, fidgeting with the new site coding I'm coming up with zilch for a new design.

Anyone out there want to give it a shot? Floor's open. If I get more than one design concept submitted, I'll put it up for vote on the forums and we can choose one as a community. Any takers just let me know!

=Smidge=

Are you planning to do something with CSS or are you not even AT that point yet? I mean, if you're not, I'd really really think about using DIVs everywhere with style sheets attached to them.

If that's the case, I'd be really interested in helping out. Sometimes simplicity is bliss, too, dude.

Guest Shadix

I'm drawing up a sketch with some alternative design ideas. Mark has a pizzaz look going, but I decided I'm gonna give this a whirl, as I haven't done it in a good while and think I can put something together.

Critique for Mark though: While the user-friendlyness is nice and it all looks very professional, I can't help but think that it makes SFGHQ kindof look like a blog. >.>

Guest Shadix
Let me recycle a response:

Fixed to fit the situation.

hmm... I just find it kindof rude considering Smidge left the door open for multiple people to make layouts and I'm already hours into the design process. (of course I'm a slow and picky fuck) I don't want to start a fight here, but don't you guys think you might be throwing your change in a little early?

I guess I'm just asking for some time. I promise I'll make it worth your while.

hmm... I just find it kindof rude considering Smidge left the door open for multiple people to make layouts and I'm already hours into the design process.

Funny...I thought the same thing of the comment I quoted! Straaaange isn't it? :P

I'm just messing with you, man. Wow us all, Shadix. Go go go.