A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Your opinion (Anime)

Ligar

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess i should state that i never really watched FLCL. And although DBZ gets really speechy near the end of the series, it was like the best anime i've ever watched in my life. That show was awesome.

I mean, the episode where Gohan finally blazes cell was like the most epic moment in Anime history. The filters and art during the final blow was just awesome.

I didn't just read this. Sereph made a long post about how he never watched all of FLCL, and never said DBZ was awesome.

Guess i should state that i never really watched FLCL. And although DBZ gets really speechy near the end of the series, it was like the best anime i've ever watched in my life. That show was awesome.

I mean, the episode where Gohan finally blazes cell was like the most epic moment in Anime history. The filters and art during the final blow was just awesome.

WRONG. THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS:

emot-gay.gif

In my Opinion, you shouldn't run your mouth when you have no idea what you're talking about.

But instead of my opinion, im going to give you a peice of advice:

stop.

Guest Shadix

With Dragonball Z you can miss like 10 episodes and only 5 minutes will have passed, with almost nothing noteworthy having happened.

"ONO I MUST DEFEAT U FREEZAAH!!!"

"YOU WEAKLING, ILL CRUSH YOU WITH MY PINKY"

*freeza makes random energy attack*

"ONO IM TOO WEAKKKKK!!!!"

*Goku flexes*

*Freeza snickers*

*This goes on for about 5 show minutes*

*random cutaway to trash side characters*

"ONO DO U FEEL THAT ENERGY? THAT MUST BE GOKU POWERING UP!!!"

"BUT FREEZAS EVVIL ENERGY ISS TOOO POWERFUL STILL"

*distress*

*frowns*

*anxiety*

"I CANT JUST STAND AROUND HERE"

*cutback to fighting*

*snicker*

*Goku smiles*

"ILL SHOW YOU MY POWAH"

*Goku flexes*

"JUST GIVE UP U CANNOT WIN MAKE YOUR TIME"

*Freeza flexes*

*Goku has random energy aura appear around him*

"I WONNNNNNTTTT LETTTT U WINNNNNN!!!! RAGGGGHHHHH"

*Goku's power level reaches over 9001*

"WUTS THIS"

*Goku does super elaborate big beam of death move and "kicks freezas ass" ending in a giant explosion that leaves a crater*

"IS IT OVER???"

*Freeza reappears unscarred*

"HMM... YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU LOOK BUT ILL STILL KICK YOUR ASS"

*Goku ass beating*

*pant pant*

*flex flex*

*WHAT WILL GOKU DO? FIND OUT, ON THE NEXT EXCITING EPISODE OF: DRAGON. BALL. Z!*

I hate how anime has become so mainstream. I remember back in the mid-90s when people were like "OMG NEEEEEEERRRRD" when someone talked about anime. It was somewhat original back then (In America, anyway). I still love anime now, I just hate talking about it. I like to think of it as just a personal pastime.

But what makes a good anime? Probably the romantic comedy thing for me. That, and super-cool climactic endings.

::stumbles off the couch with a bad cold, pardon the spelling Smidge the Grammer Cop :P ::

anime is even more for nerds now then it was :E

Actually I think that's just a taboo that epople seem to let get into their heads. The sheer variety of genres of anime just goes to show that there's a little something for everyone.

Smidge and I have always said that anime is just another form of entertainment, and I never believed otherwise.

For instance, this girl in my classes bought her boyfriend some Samurai Champloo DVDs (I think it was for Christmas) and she watched some with him, and started to really like it. I don't think she's much of a nerd at all (then again, I visit a forum about making games about a blue hedgehog).

[another rant for another day]But then again, "nerd" itself is just a stupid stereotype that I'm kinda sick of. (I mean, what is a nerd? I find guys who memorize the RBIs and shit of all the players of all the sports teams pretty freakin' nerdy.)[/another rant for another day]

Yes. Just look at the movies we saw this past summer. America was geeking out!

Hmm... I guess that's true. Back 6 or 7 years ago, most people couldn't even work the damn mouse on a computer, let alone use it. Now we have 10 year olds coding in HTML for myspace and shit.

Anyway back on anime, all you who bash DBZ know that if you saw a good episode right now you would be you-tube'ing it all day.

I know. It happened to me a few weeks ago. DBZ may have had alot of talking and crap, but damn it had nice fight scenes. (Sayian Saga, Freeza Saga, few of the cell fights, Most of the fights with gohan vs somebody, and the Goku vs M. Vegeta fight was effing sexy. )

Sorry if ive never seen/cared about FLCL. I didn't know it was a flame-worthy offense.