A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The 3D model is a lie.

SefirothDB

Good news everyone! And by good I mean terrible, for me anyways. Posting from the PS3 browser without a keyboard which is annoying.

Today the computer greeted me with constant rebooting instead of loading the OS. Awesome. Error 0x00000024 etc etc and some other bullshit. Awesome. Backups which I had made on a usb drive fucked because sister wanted to fill it with mp3s for her 5 hour train ride. Awesome.

Chances of recovering the HDD contents including all the work I've done in years = 0.0000001%

Suggested action route = fill bathtub with water and slice wrists

Even if I don't quit modeling altogether one thing is clear: what I lost remains lost. Sonic and his shitty friends can go penetrate Tails up the ass with Eggman's severed dick for all I care. I'm not masochist enough to start everything again from the most absolute zero.

Fuck this shit. I hate my life.

Now if you excuse me the bathtub is full.

No. Calm down a grow a brain. You buy a new hard drive and install Windows on it, then pull your files off your hard drive. Since your system is obviously getting past POST, you MAY want to try using Recovery Console and running bootfix before you resort to dropping the money necessary to get a new drive. It doesn't matter these days though, HD space is pretty cheap.

It just sounds like Windows is your problem. You probably got a worm or something. Do you keep your OS updated and run spyware and virus scans every now and then? Probably not.

You're not dumber than a computer. Figure the problem out before just giving up.

emo noob.

You think I didn't try that? I don't give up easily.

Everything was up to date and I do in fact run monthly spy, adware, virus and etc scans. On top of that I manually scan all my downloads. 'Probably not' my well toned albeit hairy but nonetheless sexy butt.

I had the PC store guy detach the hdd and hook it up to another unit as slave to save the contents. The hdd apparently can't be read.

I'll have full details on the issue tomorrow but for now all signs point to a physical defect on the drive. Not going to keep my hopes up.

PS: don't mistake anger for emoness, u nub kk cc plz.

Shit, I know exactly how you feel right now. I don't think the files are unrecoverable just yet, so don't give up. If you do need to start over though I think you'd find you'd work much faster the second time and get better results. You have improved so much since I first met you back in early 2005, and probably most of your stuff you really want to get back was only done fairly recently. If this is really what you love doing then I don't think you should quit for good. Good luck with whatever happens.

Store guy who's all buddy buddy with my dad took it to try them recovery methods. Already mentalized myself for the worst case scenario tho :/

If nothing else I will redo the sonic model but that's as it is part of a trade and the other side already did his part. I owe to send what I promised. Whether I redo any other characters is entirely depending on my mood and lately I've been wishing to try different subjects. As for all the requests I had I'll revise them case by case.

Tomorrow I'll have the definitive answer on the HDD contents. If I'm extremely lucky and recover some of the max files I might even decide to export meshes for public use*.

God damn typing with a console pad is annoying. Love and candy and buttsecks for everyone.

To the usual victims friends that populate my IM: see you either tomorrow or tuesday, depending on when the working pc is back.

*: LOL probably no I r selfish bastard**

**: like anyone cares ur models suck anyways***

***: ):

:3

Okay we managed to get 11,2 GBs of data restored. A lot of fluff but also:

- About all my recent models. I'll have to check file by file but I think all is there. It seems I can't find a couple work in progress though. Maybe it's one of these with scrambled filenames, I need Max to open and check.

- Part of all my old models which honestly suck. I don't know why I'm keeping them. I'm not redoing the ones that got deleted as I said.

- The University folder with all the works and shit

- Half of My Documents' content, including several folders with the references I use when modeling

- Last but not least my awesome folder with 600 MB of random imagery for use and abuse on the internets (sample of that in this very post)

What I lost:

Everything else, including 12 GBs of OSTs which I have to attain again :/

So yeah the recovery work only cost me 40€ and I got a dvd burner which I've used right now to backup the important stuff after installing the basic programs. I need to reinstall Max/Photoshop/etc which is going to be a hassle but that's minor and I can deal with the loss of every other file, I'll just redownload them. Computer runs faster now which is a pro.

Heck, I'm so happy I'm going to try something different. **When I get Max back I'll take a request from you people and put up the model for grabs, I'll make a thread about it or something I dunno**

dancevandamax6.gifdancevandamax6.gifdancevandamax6.gif

Or maybe I'll conveniently forget and model something horrible instead.

:P The PC was on its way to the repair center a couple hours after failing, which is several before I posted here that it was broken. The store guy took it to the data recovery thing before I saw DW's advice too, but had that not happened I would've followed the advice and suggestions were much appreciated nonetheless.

Here's some cake for your troubles:

cake003zc6.jpg

Now, define what you mean by request.

You ask for something you'd like to have a 3D model of and I try my best to do it. You of course get the model at the end along with some optional buttsecks. But not now, I need to attain Max first. I'll make a thread or whatever when I'm ready.