A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Blast From The Fast

Thought it was about time I posted a topic for BFTF over here.

As of last SAGE not much has changed engine wise to be honest, I'm still trying to learn the ways of the 360 engine. I have however bought MMF2 so at least it looks a little nicer and I can finally have parralex in without any errors.

At the moment I'm working on the layout for the first level...

That's just a little bit of what I have so far, not much but at least it's a damn sight better than my RAGE entry :P (oh, and thanks again to PG for the engine). The enemies are just there to test out various parts of the engine, I'll have totally different ones by the time I release a demo. The Sonic sprite doesn't really fit in IMO, but I'm having a hard time putting in a new sprite, so if anyone could help me out with that, I'd be greatful.

So, hopefully this game will actually turn out to be half decent in the end, I might have a demo ready for SAGE, if not I might release a few videos to make up for it.

how would him giving you the engine and his sprites help him at all? if you have an issue with replacing the sprites you should be more specific about what goes wrong, otherwise you get comments like that ^

anyway, the platforms could do with some smoothing off, IIRC (post screens next time, it takes 30mins to load any Utube video on this connection) as they have no sense of depth, there just flat against the background. or they might not be, depending on my memory =P

I love how the GFD Forum is more active now. ^_^

The sprites look fine to me.

Also, PM me th engine and the sprites you want. I'll see what I can do.

......Why? If he wants to replace the sprites (And he shouldn't, they look fine IMO.) He doesn't need anyone else to do it for him. =\

He could just go to the main site for them, or he could get them in sheet format.

Also, MMF2 can open MMF 1.5 applications.

(The sheets haven't been uploaded to the main site yet, but I have copies of them on my hard drive.)

I know what you mean, I do plan to add stuff to the game, it's just it's going to take a while since I'm not quite up to scratch with the 360 engine.

As for the sonic sprite, my problem is I have a sheet of full animations (well, all the basics anyway for the engine) but whenever I try to put in a different sprite in the end product is really bad as everything just keeps jumping about. I've tried getting the points right, but for some reason I just can't replace the sprite right now without rendering the game un-playable.

It must be the hotspots then. Yeah hotspots are so freaking annoying, yet they are very helpful, you should try configuring them, if you plan on changing the sprite.

But if you don't want to change the sprite, I don't see why you should.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I asked a forum member over at GU to remix the midi file, and he came back with an mp3. Hopefully I credited RedXVI as the original creator of the song, tell me if otherwise ;)

As for a progress report, that's gonna have to wait a while...