A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So, deadliest school shooting in American history.

Blues

So..."Huskers for Hokies"

This Saturday vs. Northern Iowa, the team and I will be wearing black Virginia Tech sweat bands on our right arm. Our campus is also holding candlelight vigils and also grief counseling if necessary. I will take pride in participating in these events, because this event is not only one of the biggest national tragedies, it also scared me. I don't know what I would have done if my friend Jenna had been a victim. No idea...

Not to like.. be an ass or point fingers or anything but I can't understand for the life of me why there are like a million signs in cases like this and nothing is done. Apparently he stalked two women which, wrote his story about a students fantasizing about killing a teacher that sexually molested them, was "becoming increasingly violent." Apparently there was like.. a sect of people who had a feeling he would end up doing something like this. He was referred to counseling, but no one bothered to check up on him or the outcome.

I mean.. I just don't understand why this could happen. How so many red flags get glanced over. It'd be different if he had been a seemingly normal kid and they had.. I dunno discovered a journal in which he said he was going to do those things because then there would've been no way of knowing. But he wasn't a normal kid. Teachers realized this, the women he stalked knew this, counselors saw him becoming more and more violent. It's just.. it's frustrating and it seems.. I dunno.. preventable?

sorry to have been away, can't visit the boards at work anymore..., but yea, we talked about this for a while at work yesterday, it's horrible for someone to go and do something like this. My condolences go to all the families of the victims, as well as any close friends : \

Where is the outrage? Oh right, we don't care unless it's rich white kids.

gimme one good reason to care that some people who hate us from a third world country got blown the fuck up.

i'm tired of caring about that, caring about it wont stop the war or have any effect at all so why should i fake it?

Blues: Please, read before you say things. He clearly said "50 people" not "50 Iraqis" which means that some of our own troops may, in fact, have been killed during the blast(s). Caring about victims of a war and caring about the war are two seperate things. You can care about a kid who's father is killed overseas fighting a pointless war. About the fact that the kid's fatherwon't be coming back home. About the burden placed on the family even if their family member hasn't been killed over there. Do you know how hard it must be to have to wonder if they're going to come back? To wonder if they were perhaps in or around a car bomb when it explodes? That's completely different than caring about the war itself. About whether anyone can win it. About whether it was stupid to go into or not. It's completely different.

And, honestly, do you want to be let in on a little secret? Caring about the people who died in this school shooting probably won't have much effect on school safety or gun control either- it's not like Columbine never happened. Or 5 other college shootings since the 1970s. Or that DC sniper who was randomly capping people from afar. So why should anyone care about the subject of this topic either, am I right?

I doubt they were rich white kids. They were in the engineering hall after all. Engineers work for their money. If they were rich white kids, they'd probably be studying medicine or law or even business. More likely they are middle to upper middle class white kids mixed with some Asians. Mostly male of course.

And yeah, I care about this a little more than 32 soldiers in Iraq... seeing as I'm an upper-middle class white kid who happens to be in engineering. And the murderer was one of those goddamn English majoring slackers! *glares at Slingerland*

*Gets a triple life sentence from the grand judge of PC with no chance of ass-kissing parole*

Yeah, he wasn't ticking right in his head.

He was fucked up. Maybe he wasn't hugged when he was younger, it doesn't excuse it. The motherfucker was sick and is burning in hell now.

Read the latest timeframe stories on most major news outlets, showing how he went from room to room. Most give detailed descriptions of how he killed and how some survived. It's very vivid and gut wrenching. Those who got up and barricaded the doors are heroes. The professor who attempted to protect his student is a fucking role model.

As pastor of Blacksburg Baptist Church, Tommy McDearis was called on tell more than 20 familes a loved one had fallen victim to Virgina Tech gunman Seung-Hui Cho. On Sunday, he urged his congregation and the university to put the pain of the rampage behind them by returning to classes Monday.

"If we give up in the face of this situation, if we quit doing all of the things that really matter in life because this darkness has visited us, then we are going to surrender to the darkness," McDearis said.

McDearis delivered his sermon Sunday as students who had left school following the massacre returned to campus. He told the story of a professor devastated by the deaths of several of his students at Norris Hall, where Cho killed 30 students and faculty members before turning the gun on himself.

The professor said he didn't know if he could come back. But failing to doing so, he said, would be a betrayal of the memories, hopes and dreams of the victims.

"There is no way that any of them would ever look at us and want us to give up," McDearis said. "We owe them more than to just throw in the towel."

In getting ready for the resumption of classes, the university's student government asked hundreds of reporters to leave campus by Monday morning.

Agreed. Although I find it ironic that reporters are reporting that the student government wants them to stop reporting on their campus.

I would post a link but like.. Road Runner doesn't like to let you see links and I'm actually supposed to be working on stuff. :P

I'm a bit confused about what to say. The sad fact is, there are a lot of messed up people out there. People kill each other, and it's really scary when it happens somewhere where we're supposed to be safe. I wish people would stop doing things like this, but it's not going to happen. My heart goes out to the families. That's all I've got to say for now.

Edit: I can’t believe I felt how I felt when I posted what I posted, but I did. It didn’t seem unwise at the time. It was less unwise at the time. Right now, my responsibility to myself is to delete this post. I am sorry.

Edited by BRPXQZME
My opinion was not necessary in this case