A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So, deadliest school shooting in American history.

Blues

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vtech.shooting/index.html

BLACKSBURG, Virginia (CNN) -- At least 33 people, including a gunman, were killed Monday during shootings in a dorm and a building housing classrooms at Virginia Tech, university officials said.

The death toll makes the incident the deadliest school attack in U.S. history.

Two people were killed at a dormitory about 7:15 a.m., while another 30 people were killed two hours later at Norris Hall, the engineering science and mechanics building, university officials said.

Though university police Chief Wendell Flinchum said police were still investigating whether the two incidents were related, he also said the gunman at Norris Hall took his own life. Investigators are not ruling out a second shooter, Flinchum said.

of course ass attorney Jack Dickweed Thompson is already trying to have people suck his microscopic cock by blaming video games on it http://kotaku.com/gaming/virginia-tech/breaking-idiot-thompson-blames-va-shooting-on-games-252702.php

K, I'm really sick of Thompson. It takes a massive, pompus, dickhead to use this tragedy to push his own agenda. Seriously, fuck him. 33 people die, and he says "Ya know, vidyagames!!!!"

This isn't about goddamn Grand Theft Auto. This is about people dieing.

Anywho, I'm intrgued as to what the real motives are (I haven't read the article yet) and what kind of aftereffect we'll see as the year goes on.

http://wanusmaximus.livejournal.com/

http://www.facebook.com/p/Wayne_Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis_Chiang/6202368

DSC04743.JPG

Dear Mr. Chiang,

On behalf of the Graduate School of Virginia Tech, I am pleased to inform you that based upon the recommendation of the Information Technology Faculty, we can offer you admission for the Master of Information Technology for Fall Semester 2007. Congratualations!

blah, blah, blah.

Sincerely,

Karen P. DePauw, PhD.

Vice Provost for Graduate Studies

and Dean of the Graduate School

guess I'm going back for more hell

I'm sorry that that isn't a reason to get pissed off at everyone else for preferring not to dwell on such a subject. Quite frankly, I can understand how people would tend to stay out of a topic about 33 people dying. Its a little bit of a downer ya know? Also, "could have easily been targeted." could have. That means were not. They are fine then. If that was a mistake in your post then I'm sorry, but it sounds like they are perfectly safe. Maybe a bit shaken, but not hurt. If they are, WTF are you getting mad about? Thats a happy thing when last I checked. Maybe I'm crazy, but if a bunch of people died, with my friends narrowly avoiding the same fate, I would be happy. Sure I wouldn't post here in glee, because that would be a giant dick move on my part, but I sure as hell would not post how pissed I am that some light-hearted topic overshadowed this grave story.

I'm also sorry that you don't like the ATHF movie, which you haven't seen and therefore may not pass judgement upon, but just because you don't like it, doesn't mean its bad. It is stupid I'll give you that, but terrible? No.

What happened today was disgusting. Actually, no, I decided I'm gonna write something here.

Dude, you're not out of high school. You still have the safety of your home to come to every day at 2:30pm and be evacuated out of your school if the letters "B" "O" "M" "B" are even found in the same sentence.

This is a college with thousands of young adults at it, separated from their families. Do you have any idea what 99.9% of those poor mothers and fathers were thinking before they found out their kids were alive? How about the .1% that found out their kid was shot dead. How about the poor girlfriend who broke up with the guy... she got a round to her head. And the RA who tried to help out.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you just don't know. I'm not playing the victim here, by all means, it just fucking churns my stomach what happened today.

So know what, you can "GTFO", "STFU", or any other interweb acronym you think is witty, cool, and will impress the others if you don't like my opinion. I won't be happy that the two people I know are safe. Instead, I'll fuckin be thinking about the moms and dads who won't have their child home for Christmas.

Some people don't know what else to add to this discussion, though. I mean, I find it scarey cause I'm in college, and we've already had about 6 separate deaths this year, and th is could have easily happened in my school (Lowell isn't exactly known for being safe)

At least noone's posting here just for the sake of posting here, unless you want to let Zonar back in and have him fill this thread with massive doses of nothing. I'd rather this topic not be the most popular thread here than it be the most popular and be filled with shit.