A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Important SAGE Question that you should answer.

Slingerland

Do you approve of "The Sonic Colbert Report" theme of SAGE 11?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you approve of "The Sonic Colbert Report" theme of SAGE 11?

• Yes, that's awesome!
    • No, please select a different theme
    • I don't give a shit.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gungriffon Geona, you're a dumbass.

Pheonix, I rather like your idea. It's relevant since the Secret Rings just came out. The divisions could be Water blue, green, orange... Whatever the colors were again.

I just wonder if we'd have enough games for 7 whole groups, but yea, that's the idea.

Random: Did we ever find out who exactly was posting on the forum as Yuji Naka? I remember him being all "hay I'm Yuji Naka" and some people thought he was bullshit, and half said "you know it could happen." I just remember this cause it came up one SAGE a few years back.

I'm quite amazed at how much that what I said caused such a huge stir.

First, Sonic IS a retard. since when has he done anything intelligently? EVER? it's a huge case of blind dumb-luck, and he hasn't really done anything that requires thought as a character. that's why the Colbert thing is a genuine 180. Give him some lines about him questioning the reasons about Eggman's need to take over the world in a witty manor and you've got it.

Second, he certainly doesn't have a personality. his "way past cool" thing has been majorly tacked on since SA, and it sort of keeps getting worse as it goes along. there's no depth to the character. there's no undertones of why he is like he is, he just is. personality comes from a character's depth, of which Sonic has none of.

I can't believe I have to explain this. Just last year the exact same assumptions were made by basically the entire forum. why is this any different now?

Look, everyone likes the Duke Nukem type of character. Sonic doesn't pull it off though. It feels extremely forced when compared to anything else. I love cocky nutjobs as much as the next guy, but Sonic isn't one of them.

Okay, maybe retarded wasn't the right word. Stupid does fit better. I'll take that much back.

as for "huge stir", I'll shutup about that.

I don't get it, I enjoy SAGE as much as the next guy, but saying last year was a dissappointment is wrong?

Oh, I don't agree with him at all except on the no personality note. Sonic is far from retarded. Afterall, canonically he got through Carnival Night Zone. I can't imagine where Geona is going from Sonic having no personality to Sonic being retarded since he hasn't ever done anything to indicate retardation either.

Really, Sonic is just a blank slate. I like that in a character. Well, at least he was a blank slate until they gave him voice acting...

Anyway, I'm for having a little bit of fun with the theme. And my opinion matters far more than anyone who dares to say otherwise. We need nonsense to liven things up around here, and a Colbert/talk show host theme will work wonders for the nonsense.

Just doing plain Sonic is freakin' boring.

I just wonder if we'd have enough games for 7 whole groups, but yea, that's the idea.

Random: Did we ever find out who exactly was posting on the forum as Yuji Naka? I remember him being all "hay I'm Yuji Naka" and some people thought he was bullshit, and half said "you know it could happen." I just remember this cause it came up one SAGE a few years back.

It was Sir Euan IIRC, just some viral marketing of his game xD

Guest Shadix
Oh, I don't agree with him at all except on the no personality note. Sonic is far from retarded. Afterall, canonically he got through Carnival Night Zone. I can't imagine where Geona is going from Sonic having no personality to Sonic being retarded since he hasn't ever done anything to indicate retardation either.

Really, Sonic is just a blank slate. I like that in a character. Well, at least he was a blank slate until they gave him voice acting...

Anyway, I'm for having a little bit of fun with the theme. And my opinion matters far more than anyone who dares to say otherwise. We need nonsense to liven things up around here, and a Colbert/talk show host theme will work wonders for the nonsense.

Just doing plain Sonic is freakin' boring.

Meh, there's enough nonsense going on around here as it is. We can do something lively and nonsensible without having to take from external sources.

Example: Sage revolving around Old-sk00l eggman, Crabmeat Sage, "ZOMG TAILS FANS" Sage, EMERALD COAST Sage, Shadowz a Robot Sage.

I just think it doesn't make sense to devote a SONIC expo to external sources.

SAGE's theme should be within the spirit of the person who's running it, and we should respect that. No matter what the style of the EXPO, the EXPO will still be about that games. Unless the theme is totally anal, we can only get brownie points from it.

can I help it if I expect another awesome year like the one where you guys turned SAGE into an interactive game that linked to each booth? that was one of the best moments I ever had with SAGE. atleast with a unique theme like this you can get something neat going.

Ok, hold on, stop right there. I just need to say something here. The SAGE where it was turned into an interactive game? That SAGE sucked, the whole idea sucked, the very execution of the entire concept? Sucked. Every single thing about it sucked, it was hard to use, extremely late and never at ANY point did it actually work right! :ahuh: In fact, Toolz had to compile a separate booth list because Luckett did not! :koops: The only good things in it were one or two of the mini-games, which Jamie Bailey made anyway.

That SAGE (5 I believe?) was probably one of the worst ever. Possibly as bad as the Mr. T, yet it gets ever so much praise from people who don't know wtf they're talking about that it makes my head hurt. Sorry buddy, maybe you just weren't there enough or you have a bad memory, but Luckett's first SAGE sucked a fat wad, I'm sorry to say.

I never noticed any huge bugs in that. sure, there were a few bugs that were quite glaring, but overall it was quite an interesting experience. it felt unique, as there hasn't been an online convention done like that ever, as far as I know. (possibly stuff like that in Second Life, but I have no ideas as to how that would work.)

last year, I never saw much that made the whole thing interesting. there were 2 things I wanted to see something about. 1 wasn't there, and the other one's booth was down the entirety of it. I did see a few other interesting things, but there wasn't anything else to keep me interested with it in the long run. I'm hoping that this year can hopefully be different.

last year, I never saw much that made the whole thing interesting. there were 2 things I wanted to see something about. 1 wasn't there, and the other one's booth was down the entirety of it. I did see a few other interesting things, but there wasn't anything else to keep me interested with it in the long run.

Yeah, and that SAGE didn't really have a theme. You're point?