A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I am proud to present

sonicbw

Maybe it's because you only posted this topic ONE HOUR AGO. Patience is a virtue. Our forum isn't that active.

Read the two private messages I sent you about your behavior and follow my advice. If you don't follow the rules, your account will eventually be banned.

I'll try your game out when I have the time to, I'm busy with homework at the moment.

Here we go...

1. Never mix Genesis sprites with Advance sprites. Ever. Never ever, under no circumstances.

2. There is no level design. Its the same thing every level. Big spike pits with platforms above them.

3. There is nothing to the races. You run in a straight line, and jump over three or four spikes. The opponent doesnt even have to avoid the spikes, he just keeps going.

4. Platform stacking. Ew.

5. The springs are in the jumping animation always, and when you jump on them, they turn to normal. Wtf? How could you not notice this?

6. The rings do nothing, they dont make a score or protect you, and there is way too many of them. There are about 50 rings per pixel. (Obvious exaggeration)

7. You have infinite lives.

8. Here's the kicker... The controls are terrible. God-aweful. I feel like Sonic is moving on his own. You tap the arrow, and he moves an inch and slides forever. It takes holding down the opposite direction for about 10 seconds to get him to stop. The jumping is SLOOOOOW, and barely gets you off the ground.

Come on, I know you can do better than this. It's basically just the GM Platform example with Sonic sprites.

Oh, and here's one I forgot.

9. NEVER, EVER, NO MATTER WHAT, Never make Sonic say "Booyah". Agh.

This game is the bane of my existence.

1) There's no ring loss! What's the point of having rings if there is NO ring loss? Come on, dude.

2) Touchy platforming - it was near impossible to do some platforming sections, because Sonic would hit the ground running, literally, and totally fly off it. I'd press right once and he'd accelerate to full speed [/exaggeration, but yet, almost true]

3) lol spike pits -

boo.gif

This is some of the worst level design I've seen. Also, blocks.

4) What's there to race? I see nothing to race...

5) Genesis BGs + Advance sprites = ugly

Overall, this game is on par with such mega hits such as Sonic Overloads 1 & 2 and Shadow of Fate.

The following Greemotes aren't to show my approval of this project. It's because it is Greemote Day.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hmm... Guys, i think you're being a bit too rude with him.

I mean, this is probably one of his first games, and he seems to have placed effort on it. He's still a newbie, and he needs constructive criticism, not people ridiculizing him... I don't know what is his behavior, but I wouldn't like to be treated this way.

Sonicbw, nice stuff you got there. Keep the effort, so you can learn more and more, and do awesome stuff with time.

1. Never mix Genesis sprites with Advance sprites. Ever. Never ever, under no circumstances.

2. There is no level design. Its the same thing every level. Big spike pits with platforms above them.

3. There is nothing to the races. You run in a straight line, and jump over three or four spikes. The opponent doesnt even have to avoid the spikes, he just keeps going.

4. Platform stacking. Ew.

5. The springs are in the jumping animation always, and when you jump on them, they turn to normal. Wtf? How could you not notice this?

6. The rings do nothing, they dont make a score or protect you, and there is way too many of them. There are about 50 rings per pixel. (Obvious exaggeration)

7. You have infinite lives.

8. Here's the kicker... The controls are terrible. God-aweful. I feel like Sonic is moving on his own. You tap the arrow, and he moves an inch and slides forever. It takes holding down the opposite direction for about 10 seconds to get him to stop. The jumping is SLOOOOOW, and barely gets you off the ground.

9. NEVER, EVER, NO MATTER WHAT, Never make Sonic say "Booyah". Agh.

... Looks constructive to me. If he can't handle this, he shouldn't be making games to begin with.

Hmm... Guys, i think you're being a bit too rude with him.

I mean, this is probably one of his first games, and he seems to have placed effort on it. He's still a newbie, and he needs constructive criticism, not people ridiculizing him... I don't know what is his behavior, but I wouldn't like to be treated this way.

Sonicbw, nice stuff you got there. Keep the effort, so you can learn more and more, and do awesome stuff with time.

You can't be serious. It's an edited platform tutorial with crappier, slippery controls and Sonic sprites.

I am going to feel some-what bad about bumping this topic, but I have to know/point this out. I went to your "website" and you seem to have a lot of stolen stuff on there. I mean...I love your recolors of other peoples work. It will go great in my fan-games. Heck your probably banned by now.