A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I am proud to present

sonicbw

Anyway, I'm growing quite tired of Sereph's generally poor rantings about how "OMG, you gyz r so mean!"

I mean, its rather profane a form of hypocrisy.

I already told you guys that if you can find a post ANYWHERE in the past where ive done something anywhere as harsh to anyone's fangame BESIDES Redsonic or Blackarms, then kindly show me.

I may be pretty mean to newcomers at times, but ive never been lame enough to just plain insult a newcomer for his fangame that he tried on.

The way i see it, he simply posted the fangame here because hes proud of doing SOMETHING, and you guys compare it to another better fangame and run it in the ground.

If i was him, i most likely would'nt post here anymore. And thats why im angry. How do we get new good game creators when everyone that comes in with a bad game gets flamed?

This is pretty important. i've just been to his site forum, and there's a person, possibly a hacker, named masked maurader. He's been slagging sonicbn off for a very long time, and i hope somebody will kick his ass. I've done all i could to defend him at the time, including joining the forum. However, i still need to say none of this would have happened if sonicbn just gave credit.

Oh dear, said " maurader " will be pissed when he finds out that you've been doing stuff to circumvent his joke. looks like ill have to give him a tell to knock the shit off.

( oh and its not me, or else it would be MonkiButtar that would be slandering shit around )

yeah well actually, who did he steal it from?and i'm just trying to defend him, is that really bad?

ooh i'm shakin, what will maurader do? cause i'm scared arent i?He's just a shit stirrer with nothing more to do in his life than slag other people off, really. and also, i don't even think sonicbw cares now, because he has'nt been here in ages, so, y'know.

So I played the game, and here is what I have to pretty much say:

Good:

- Youve got a fairly solid start.

- You know the basics

- You get platform movement, and applied it the right way ( I wish there were slopes though, it would make it alot more smoother than it is now, gameplay wise )

Bad:

- The game has a very low presentation factor.

- Spike's O' plenty

- Getting Stuck in Walls/Crevices.

- Springs/Random Sprite Glitches.

I assume this is your first game, so Im not going to be harsh, but the thing is this. your game isn't BAD, but neither is it GOOD. its in the average area.

If you tweaked alot of the elements int he game, it would compete with most up and coming GM stuff today, but as of yet, its exactly what it is now. your " first game ", and like most first games, theyre kind of " meh "

Don't let that stop you though, just keep to fangaming, you'll get more experience as you go along.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm sorry, But i don't think anyone cares about this game. face it, sonic bw has ran off after 2 POSTS in this thread. Sepherim don't post no more because everyone hates the fact he's defending himself, maybe a mod should lock it. It's not like anybody else is gonna post.

........Uh, then why did you bump the topic that hasn't been replied to in over 3 weeks?

Sepherim don't post no more because everyone hates the fact he's defending himself,

Not taking sides, but you barely know Sereph, how would you know?