A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 **DEMO** Try it!

Spike

(Believe it or not, I put that in before that prototype came out! It was crazy seeing that prototype on sonic-cult about 2 weeks after I added it in)

Another update! I've changes the rocks to Angel Island rocks, and made the Buzzbombers a little slower so that they can't match Knuckles' gliding speed.

And for the win, The first boss is easier! The bombs fall a tad slower, and the pipe itself has to catch up with you. Made it MILES easier for me (no pun intended).

Just go back to the first post and re-download it if you want to see.

(Believe it or not, I put that in before that prototype came out! It was crazy seeing that prototype on sonic-cult about 2 weeks after I added it in)

That must of bugged you out, still a good add-on, I'll download the demo as soon as I leave from the library. This will be my last time going until after new years, I'm gonna chill and go to some parties, christmas vacation y'all!!!

Just CHANGE THE TITLE. Do you have any imagination? If yes then it is not so hard to do this. Only sega has rights to call their games like "Sonic the hedgehog 4", "Sonic adventure 3" or "Sonic advance 4"

Maybe I was A LITTLE BIT rube. I'll apologise if you apologise too. Because you was rude and impolite too.

But you made me laugh when you sayd

It's a lot better than yours.

It's your own opinion or it is a FACT?

Just CHANGE THE TITLE. Do you have any imagination? If yes then it is not so hard to do this. Only sega has rights to call their games like "Sonic the hedgehog 4", "Sonic adventure 3" or "Sonic advance 4"

Maybe I was A LITTLE BIT rube. I'll apologise if you apologise too. Because you was rude and impolite too.

But you made me laugh when you sayd It's your own opinion or it is a FACT?

I'm real sick of your attitude felik, everyone has the right to call their game anything they want and make their game whatever they want, it's a fangame tardo, it isn't like he's going to sell it, not only that, Sega hasn't made any sequels to STH, SADV or SADVANCE, how dare you judge someone by their imagination, you deserve any flaming you get, ***hole!

Vashe nravstvennoe razvitie na urovne trehletnih detei iz detsada.

Vi takie predurki!

Put through a russian translator:

Your moral development at a level three-year детеи from a kindergarten.

You such предурки!

But I agree with TRD here, he does have imagination, I've played his game, his levels are fun. I enjoyed them. The name of the game is not important.

May be you are right but you should't say say about people that they are ***holes or idiots or that they are f**king or like that as soon as you have a chance.

Welcome to the internet felik, and I only call people ***holes when they are being one, his game is great, it's full of imagination, his title is fine. Your in the wrong because you're saying that his game isn't good enough to be called Sonic the hedgehog 4, it's not my game but that made me upset. What? I suppose your game is good enough to be called that?

img-shutup.jpg

Here comes the HAMMER.

@Felik: You're an idiot. Stop talking. You started an unnecessary fight in Spike's thread. Congrats. You deserve any swear words people throw at you. That was the single dumbest couple pages I've ever seen. We know it's an overused name and that it's unoriginal, but you were outright dickish on that one.

Oh, and we speak English here. Keep your Russian swears and insults for your mom when she grounds you from the internet.

@TRD: Ooo...nice to see you being aggressive for a change. Oh yeah.

@Spike:

After playing your game, I have decided that your version of "Sonic 4" is the best one, but admit it...it wasn't that hard. Other Sonic 4 attempts include MSPaint puke games. Here are gripes:

-Sonic's peel out animation looks goofy as all sh*t. You just pasted the legs on the Sonic 3 sprite. It looks awkward. I think I have a better anim for you, let me go find it.

-Don't put enemies in a path of running

-When you run into a wall, Sonic goes into hurt mode...that's dumb. Sonic has NEVER done that for one reason...it's annoying.

-There are these Sonic Rush-esque sequences of holding right for about 20 seconds. Yawn.

-Multiple paths never hurt. Study some Sonic level maps if you don't know what I mean.

It's very solid otherwise and was pleasant to play.

Now...EVERYBODY shut up and help Spike with his game. Any talk of "how lame his name is" will be edited out immediately and I will blam your rep.

@Felik: You're an idiot. Stop talking. You started an unnecessary fight in Spike's thread. Congrats. You deserve any swear words people throw at you. That was the single dumbest couple pages I've ever seen. We know it's an overused name and that it's unoriginal, but you were outright dickish on that one.

Listen to me, slingerland. I APOLOGISED. I was wrong. I know. I also know that I leave stupid posts because I don't know english very well and I can't say correctly what I mean. And I sayd that his game is good. I liked it. I didn't mean that his game is lame when I sayd that his game is not so perfect to be Sonic 4. I meant another thing.

And next time please insert your f**king nail into your f**king ass and SHUT UP.

Listen to me, slingerland. I APOLOGISED. I was wrong. I know. I also know that I leave stupid posts because I don't know english very well and I can't say correctly what I mean. And I sayd that his game is good. I liked it. I didn't mean that his game is lame when I sayd that his game is not so perfect to be Sonic 4. I meant another thing.

And next time please insert your f**king nail into your f**king ass and SHUT UP.

Wait, wait, you justed apologized to him, then you insult him? WTF?

Is it your opinion or a fact that my game isn't good enough to have an unoriginal name, you dumb*ss. Speak english.

And Slingerland, thank you for trying to get my topic back on track. I'm also interested in that figure 8 animation if you can find it. (I also wasn't satisfied with how it turned out). There are multiple paths, too. I put a high path and a low path on each level (After seeing that's how Emerald Hill Zone worked). It is only the first zone, though. The next will be more complicated and challenging. I'm already working on the second one.

Give it a rest, tool. He can call it what he wants, even though the name has been used a million times. And it's a fact it's better than yours. Get over it.

SEGA have rights to punch us in the ovaries if they wanted to stake claim over fangames, but whilst they don't, I may aswell call my game "Sonic The Official Game Of Awesome" and they wouldn't give a ____.

Oh and by the way, don't you dare say he has no imagination where all I have to do is look at your username and I burst out laughing.

Oh I'd so ban your ass.

...wait nail?

No, I will not listen to you, Felik the Asslik. You're wrong and you know you are after resorting to that. I wasn't trying to NAIL you...I would've said so if I did. I was trying to do my job as a moderator and get the topic back on track and silence the morons who started the unnecessary ruckus. Plus, you apologize and then you insult me? What kind of backwards ass logic is that?

You're skating on thin ice, pal. I've received major complaints from the other members about your recent behavior and if you don't change your angsty attitude, I'll see to it that you never see this forum again.

After playing your game, I have decided that your version of "Sonic 4" is the best one, but admit it...it wasn't that hard. Other Sonic 4 attempts include MSPaint puke games.

RC was working on a Sonic 4 game that looked really promising, actually. I don't know if he ever released a demo though.

I think RC changed the name of it. I've got an engine test somewhere and it was awesome...

But on topic, I thought this was pretty fun. However it does have some spots that need work.

I lost at the special stage and while the Got No Emerald screen was showing I could hear the special stage sound effects still going on in the background.

When I die and restart, the score and time counters reset to 0.

It's kind of annoying when you're running and suddenly an enemy appears and you can't dodge it. Keep them out of the way.

I think you've got the camera panning backwards. When I run right, the camera shifts to the left so Sonic is on the far right of the screen and I can't see what's coming up. It should be the other way, so Sonic would go to the far left of the screen and you can then see what's coming at you.

But all in all, very good. I hope to see it finished.

Is it your opinion or a fact that my game isn't good enough to have an unoriginal name, you dumb*ss. Speak english.

Yes. It's my mistake. I sayd that I'm sorry.

The last question. Can you talk to people WITHOUT calling them idiots or like that? Or it is normal for you?

What the hell is wrong with you, Felik. You apologize, then you question/insult us? Go back and sit on your tower. Just go.

Yeah...it's normal for us to call people idiots when they're being...idiots. It's a sign of our frustration after we have asked someone (you) to stop talking, but that person (you) continues to talk themselves deeper into a hole. Get the picture?

Felik: You seem to be throwing a lot of flak at people. Well, I present to you a challenge. Aim all of it at me. Every bit of your geeky, pre-teen, Linkin-Park-AMV-fueled angst. If you can get one bit of it past me without it coming right back around and blindsiding you in the jaw, then you've one. If you lose, then it just proves you can't even stomach the dish you're serving.

And if you chicken out, well then you're just a chicken! Any way the wheel turns, I think you're about to get smashed pretty damn hard with the blunt end of your own ignorance.