A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Windows Vista Ahoy

Epon

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IE7 has basic alpha transparency support. But it sucks.

(btw firefox 3 alpha build now passes the Acid2 test :))

Hmm...Firefox 3. Aren't they jumping the gun a bit?

I'm looking at the Mac version. Text is rendered differently. The address bar is gray. Oh, and the arrow keys don't work in this text box. O_o

This is Midiman going nuts over something simple:

Some of the software isn't compatible with Longhorn/Vista.:stare: SUre, the GUI looks nice, but then again, there's always WindowsBlinds or Style XP. XD

OH MY GOD, DO YOU OWN A GOD DAMN MAC? god damn graphics are NOT everything, get it through your head.

Anyways, WinFS is gone, for a while I guess, its ment to be included somewhere after SP3 or Fuji. As for paint, use Paint.NET and stop ____ing complaining. Everything else can be solved by not saying GRAPHICS ARE ____ING EVERYTHING, and reading the feature list I posted earlier.

EDIT: No offense to Worm, but there's something about Win-to-Mac users that makes them slack jawed idiots.

EDIT2: Before anyone says I am, Im not saying azu runs a mac, im asking if he is.

EDIT3: If any more people say that graphics make an OS, they should be immediately bonked with a large stick, and told to read the Feature List, if they havent already.

EDIT4: IE7 Supports transparency, it still sucks ass with CSS.

EDIT5: Some programs work in Vista, some dont, Vista gives you a reason why, if you cant solve it yourself, tell Microsoft, they cant fix it? Find a new program, easy peasy measy threesy!

EDIT6: No, Vista is not a freaking Mac clone, just because it has similar features ( notice how no-one bitches when linux gets search, hilarious, but beside the point [/amatuernerd] ) doesnt Microsoft just went and copied certain features from an OS.

If you look at it from a neutral POV, all OS's are going to get the feature anyways, It doesnt ____ing matter who got it first, it would be nice if the platform you run has it too.

EDIT7: NO NO NO VISTA IS NOT A MAC CLONE, just because it has ALPHA TRANSPARENCY SUPPORT FOR SKINS AND THEMES doesnt mean its GUI is based off of Mac, which everyone seems to freaking beleive.

EDIT8: Windowblinds is an invitation for people who think their smart to run ugly skins based off of luna that look like complete Horse crap. Style XP is an invitation for stupid people to learn that patching is ment to be accompanied with an ugly selector screen. But no-ones heard of UXTheme patching, thank god, hits like "Tempura" and "Luna Element" will go unskinned and all the stupid people will look awesome with their fugly LUNA GEL skin for WINDOWBLINDS 5. LOL

I hope I dont bashed to hell for all this rant material.

Vista is kewl. its got pretty colors

Are.. are we serious here? Vista is terrible. You all do realize it's Windows Server 2003 with OSX copy GUI right? It has NO features. Nothing to make it different. Search? Wow OS X has only been doing live search for YEARS now.

Don't spend money on this.

QFT
Uh, No. Paint is actually a nice little pixel pusher for pixel artists. It's just everyone regards paint as a loser program compared to a 300$+ program that pushes out fakes more than dynex.
gimp, lol

If someone out on the street gave me a free copy of Vista I would punch them in the face*

*and when i say punch in the face i mean gratefully take it and then install it on someone else's computer so they can guineapig for me

If someone out on the street gave me a free copy of Vista I would punch them in the face*

*and when i say punch in the face i mean gratefully take it and then install it on someone else's computer so they can guineapig for me

So would I except less disclaimer

I loves my Fedora yes I do =)

Are.. are we serious here? Vista is terrible. You all do realize it's Windows Server 2003 with OSX copy GUI right? It has NO features. Nothing to make it different. Search? Wow OS X has only been doing live search for YEARS now.

Don't spend money on this.

Sigh. Why does everyone hate vista so much? Its just an operating system, I had rc1 for a while, but decided it was kinda pointless having dual boot xp and vista. RC1 had no open gl support so I just decided to stick with xp for now.

Plus, I simply hate anyone who stands up for a mac.

Plus, I simply hate anyone who stands up for a mac

Arg, that makes me angry. Macs have their use, as long as you know their place. In fact, they are quite ideal for serious artists. But if you like to use your computer for playing games the majority of the time.. (like most people I know) you'll buy a PC.

Research people, and I mean from people who know what they're talking about. Not what you hear from the websites that are trying to sell you something.

Sigh. Why does everyone hate vista so much? Its just an operating system, I had rc1 for a while, but decided it was kinda pointless having dual boot xp and vista. RC1 had no open gl support so I just decided to stick with xp for now.

Plus, I simply hate anyone who stands up for a mac.

lol

how could one person be so ... ah, i'll say 'opinionated' in one post?