A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Xbox or PS3? , $$$ to burn

Khorney

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wii is definitely on my list to purchase, but if I did have a choice to buy PS3 or 360, I would need some confirmation on the rumors I heard from about them:

Like so, Is the rumor about getting a license for the games you buy for PS3 from the internet is true? Can you only play your PS3 games on your PS3 only? Has that been confirmed?

It's been confirmed that it's not true.

Also, I wanna say that anyone who has $600 laying around and wants to just sorta spend it willy nilly really needs to like, learn the value of a dollar or something.

Dead or Alive has had physics breast forever now. Pole dancing is new, though. Psh, I find that crap stupid. Maybe if the chicks didn't look like they were made of a similar plastic to the one used in SH, and they had decent textures and looked somewhat real and not anime-Barbie like I could sorta see what was so hawt about a 3D model poledancing. Yet, the gfx are't anything like that so I just don't get it. Buy a my-sized Barbie and have fun with that.

moneys pretty useless if you dont spend it...

I can say with absolute confidence that the afore mentioned sentence is not even remotely true. When people know you have money, they're instantly your best friend. You'd be surprised just how differently those around you will act when they notice a fat wad of cash in your wallet. The trick is learning how to use the influence offered by the money and not actually spending any of it. Then there's the concept of having money work for you, such as savings accounts (though current research makes savings a debatable high risk, low return investment), stocks, bonds and other investments. I dare say, money is quite useful if you don't spend it.

Or you guys could give up games forever and turn to hobbies like drawing and playing guitar. Guitar stuff is pretty expensive too. Some good amps are worth $1,500+. Spend some money on that ____. Learn a real guitar... Not button pressing and stroking a "Strum bar" [Wtf is that shi7?].

Shut up. (drawing ftw. But still shut up.)

nah, Wii is not so good, as i dont like the idea of the Wiimote, but the games look good enough. i watched a gameplay vid explaining how the controls work on DBZ on the wii. it looked, awful. you flicked the controller to move forward. flicked it further to moved faster. flicked off the screen to block...pressed two buttons and pulled back to do super move...no thanks, O + Right D-pad on the PSP was good enough for me. although, dont get me started on the ludicrouscy of the sixaxis....

Not liking the Wiimote officially makes you a douchebag. And no, I won't repeal that statement on any basis of something like "oh, but everyone is entitled to their opinion!".

And the mere fact that you were playing a Dragon Ball Z game... no, not just playing it, but using it as a pivot of judgment... only furthers that opinion.

And Streak is clearly just being annoyed at the fact that he can't play Guitar Hero to save his life.

not true! I LOVED BUDOKAI OKAY!?!?! (no i didn't I swear to god I didn't please don't eat me)

Khorney, try playing some good Wii games and rejudge the wii. I promise you that playing say....motorstorm on the wii (if it was on that) and playing it on the ps3 would feel EXACTLY the same (but +50 for the wii experience cause it's more involving lol)

yeah, PS3 is looking pretty rubbish...and i might just say im not that rich, the buying a PS3 later thing was just kind of an afterthought... from what people are saying elsewere aswell, the X360 is looking pretty good. and i know the DBZ game was an extremly poor example, but its the only video ive seen (not that ive looked that hard, if anyone has another one showing uber controllers) in which you get to see the controller aswell. i saw on twilight princess videos from E3 somebody trying to throw the boomerang, and the cursor was flying alover the place. also the layout of the room makes standing infront of the TV impossible, so i would have to have the sensor bar tilted slightly either to the left or the right, thus making multiplayer pretty hard if not impossible. so ATM just an Xbox 360, with GoW (which looks totally awsome, btw, does is have splitscreen multiplayer, or just online?) and sonic seems a good enough starter to me

also, dreamcast wins, i picked one up of ebay for £20 with 6 games, 2 controllers and 2 lightguns. although, since moving out to hong kong and my parents getting a shiney new HD TV, the lightguns have stopped workeing...must be an LCD issue. a bummer for sure, because HOD2 was literally satayed in awsome sauce

Not liking the Wiimote officially makes you a douchebag. And no, I won't repeal that statement on any basis of something like "oh, but everyone is entitled to their opinion!".

And the mere fact that you were playing a Dragon Ball Z game... no, not just playing it, but using it as a pivot of judgment... only furthers that opinion.

And Streak is clearly just being annoyed at the fact that he can't play Guitar Hero to save his life.

I've actually never played Guitar Hero, DW. I was never into those DDR, Guitar simulation type dance BS things. They disgust me.