A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Should be fun.. What Sequels/Remakes do you want?

Aaron C-T

hmm, I wonder..

If somebody would make a einhander fangame? :o

Well, It could be possible someday. who knows? It isn't that hard to get a team for something like that if if you know where to look, and have some skill of your own. Just tossing stuff out there.

As a side note, on PlayAsia the preorders for PS3s are running neck-and-neck with a homebrew Dreamcast shooter called Last Hope. what does that say about it I wonder. ;)

See for youself if you don't believe it.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tempting, but with sprites it would be hard to capture the look and feel of the game. Damn it Midi quit giving me ideas! I have enough to finish as it is!

On a random note: I would be more than happy to throw together and engine if I had the right graphics.

I have R-Type libs if that'll help.=/

Games that deserve sequels:

NiGHTS into Dreams

PowerStone

TechRomancer

Sonic Adventure 2

Gundam: Federation VS Zeon/Gundam VS Zeta Gundam

Sonic Heroes*shot*

Burning Rangers

SplatterHouse3

SD Gundam 2: Zeta Gundam

Marvel VS Capcom 2

Capcom VS SNK

WHERE THE HELL IS MY DAMN NiGHTS SEQUEL!?!

Err.. both SA2 and Heroes have sequels that followed the *roughly and geared towards certain characters* storyline. If anything SA's the only 3D Sonic I can think of that could deserve a true sequel (Knuckle's SA story- the one in his intro cinematic was completely abandoned as was half the other stuff from that game).

Geona: A new game for Dreamcast? Again? Haha. The last game was supposed to have been sometime last year makign the DC officially and completely dead. I love how the system just won't seem to die. Although even I must admit the only thing the DC is getting anymore are scrolling shooters. Granted that's not a bad thing it's just something along the lines of Contra or Gunstar Super Heroes would be cool as well. I love that Last Hope is even outselling a game like Gears of War. I love how the ability to roast online-obtained games and new releases like this will pretty much means that if I do get an X360 I'll have to "living" consoles. I kinda wish that Sega Sammy would switch some of their mobile phone developers over and have them develop simple games for DC again (to be sold online). It's painfully obvious that there is still money to be me made when a console that's been dead for about 6 years sells faster than a heralded game for a next-gen system. That's just my opinion though. I would totally buy official games for DC.

Tempting, but with sprites it would be hard to capture the look and feel of the game. Damn it Midi quit giving me ideas! I have enough to finish as it is!

On a random note: I would be more than happy to throw together and engine if I had the right graphics.

I say, you can just use drawline and a r-type/shooter game's sprites.

And then program a bullet movement mechanism.

Stuff about DC

when it officially "died" Sega turned it into the "indie console" when they released their encoding tools for it. since then alot of designers have been going after this ability. and there are still companies like G.Rev who like making games for it even after it's "death".

also, Last Hope wasn't only a DC release, it also had a huge Neo Geo AES cartridge release. (IE arcade cabinet carts, which went for around 400 dollars. they sold like hotcakes just like the DC release is geared for.) I think we're coming into an age where the indie underdogs are getting much more recognition. Besides, we need more good shoot 'em ups around.

Aero: Sega should make a fighting game. Sonic, Ristar, Vectorman, etc :D

Geona: Yea, shoot 'em ups are great. Too bad they're all but dead outside of the Dreamcast. Does Sega make any money off of the DC games released as of now? They need to get a small team to make some DC games, dude, I'm telling you. Mobile phone games are stupid, they can take crew from there.

They're far from dead. in the US definitely, but Japan is teaming with them. Cave, G.Rev, Treasure, and a few others are still producing excellent games. check out Karous, Ibara, and Pink Sweets. (last two are best to have an understanding of the old Raizing games, as Raizing's old guard built Ibara and Pink Sweets.)

I know they're alive in the US, but I could've sworn I read an article where it was like "with the release of ::insert whatever game it was last winter:: there seem to be no more DC projects in the works." Unless I'm confusing two different articles again. Which may be true.

I'll have to check up on Ibara and Pink Sweets- not sure I saw them, and if I did I probably thought they were one of those odd visual novel things. Kind of afraid to search for Pink Sweets. Might bring up pron or something. xD

Edit: Oh, I see. I was using a Wikipedia list for my DC "obtainings." Those three aren't on there. Someone, quick, make a DC topic and fill it with games that were released after the DC "died."

Just to clarify, Honey isn't comming back because she was just a test character using the mechanics of Honey from Fighting Vipers. Futhermore, Bark and Bean were exclusives to Sonic Championship and have no reason to come back, either.

That's another thing I need to add to my death list: the moment SEGA does another "Sonic Heroes"-esque retcon. T_T

Sonic battle needs a DS sequel, I thought it had the best plotline of any Sonic I played. Yeah, another Sonic fighting game would be fun too. A G-Damn sequel to NiGHTS would kick freaking ass too. A remake of Red Steel would be good, cause the game had potential. Vectorman needs another game too. What about another Fighting Vipers (I know they have at least 2).

Draco: Sega != Sonic Team

Aero: I dunno.. I'd rather they bring back characters like say.. Nack who was actually in more than one game (I believe). At least, since Adventure Fields are back, populate some of the areas with older characters. It'd be great for things like inside jokes and the like. Like playing as Knuckles and walking past Espio and he says something like "Hey, man, when you coming back?" Or some comment about Mighty not being around.

Aero: I dunno.. I'd rather they bring back characters like say.. Nack who was actually in more than one game (I believe). At least, since Adventure Fields are back, populate some of the areas with older characters. It'd be great for things like inside jokes and the like. Like playing as Knuckles and walking past Espio and he says something like "Hey, man, when you coming back?" Or some comment about Mighty not being around.

Of course, that would be alright. But don't even think about bringing them back for gameplay. It's not like I, personaly, don't want them back. It's just, that's lighting the already ablaze bonfire of Fandom dissapointment. I know a lot of people who either won't care or would be completely upset if they brought, for instance, Nate back.

BTW, I think Nate should come back, too. His entire concept should make some waves in the storyline. =P

Chakan

CHAK001.jpg

Although a kindof hard game and pretty dark in theme, and somewhat mediocre in some aspects, it had a very interesting concept for a main character at the time. The character won a battle with Death for immortality, but Death cursed him for his arrogance to live a painful eternity unless he could slay all the dark creatures in the world. There was a remake being made for Dreamcast that subsequently got cancelled for some reason. In game Chakan could combine different potions together for different effects on himself like giving his blades elemental powers like Ice, Fire, Lightning, invisibility, invulnerability (most of these were temporary), higher jumps, healing, etc

It would be nice if the game finally got remade in 3D and the universe expanded upon more. On the author of the character's site, there are apparently comics that the game was adapted from, but I've never read them.

Rael: I assume he means Nack.

Aero: I mean.. it depends. If they make those character playable then there should be a reason. I think it'd be cool if they allowed you to play as those character under certain conditions.. Mainly as unlockable characters or for minigames. I doubt anyone would complain if after they beat a game, they could go back and play as Bean the Dynamite Duck.

As far as storyline, personally, I'd like to see some actual growth to the characters. It's something I liked about SA. At the end Tails had actually accomplished something, and at the beginning you got a good look at what it must be like for Knuckles to be destined to watch over the Master Emerald. Yet the next games completely abandoned that and with every game that follows Sonic Team manages to place little emphasis on what happened beforehand. Station Square was completely and utterly destroyed. No one cares, though. When you walk by someone in Soleanna, I doubt any of the NPCs says "Mommy look, it's Sonic- the one who saved us from Chaos." Sonic Next seems to give Sonic a traditional superhero vibe, where he's once again a badass and he's saving the chicks, but they let alot of the stuff that should come with that slip by. Sonic should be heralded as a sort of hero, I'm not saying I want NPCs hounding me all the time, but it shouldn't just be like "Oh look.. it's that one guy." ::shrug::

Shadix: Hmm.. never heard of it, but it does sound interesting.

True.

It seems that Sonic team just make the previous games seem like a mere "what if". Its as if in each new game, Everyone got kicked in the head or something and say: "Hey! Its a blue hedgehog!" over and over and over.

That takes the whole "sequel" label for the games into question.