A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The official I have a Wii topic :D

shadowgoten

If you own a Wii, have $50 (+tax), and do not own WarioWare, then go out and buy WarioWare. Seriously. This game is THE reason to own a Wii.

Wasn't Zelda the reason to get the Wii? Or Mario Galaxy?

Does multiplayer require multiple remotes, or is one passed around? If it's the latter (kinda like Bop It. Remember Bop It?) then maybe I'll pick it up. If not, Paper Mario 2 is looking to be my next purchase.

Wasn't Zelda the reason to get the Wii? Or Mario Galaxy?

Does multiplayer require multiple remotes, or is one passed around? If it's the latter (kinda like Bop It. Remember Bop It?) then maybe I'll pick it up. If not, Paper Mario 2 is looking to be my next purchase.

I have yet to unlock multiplayer, but I believe either way works. And I meant to say this is the reason to own a Wii for now. I'm sure Galaxy and Brawl will change that.

Why do you care about Zelda so much? Yes it was a great game but there are better games out there. Unlock TP, WarioWare was actually built for the Wii.

I don't, I actually think it's the most overhyped Zelda, but that's what everyone said at launch. Now everyone is saying Warioware, even though I doubt I'll be playing it as much as other games I'll be buying.

Plus, I have a feeling the pace is not as fast as the original.

WW:SM is best played without the wrist strap most of the time. Too much hassle, not enough passing around the w'mote.

(You are doing yourself an awful disservice if you have a 480p TV and aren't doing 480p on your Wii by the way. Do it! Also, the component cables you need to do it are pretty easy to make as far as hacking composite into component cables goes. In case you're not chicken about modding your cables anyway.)

Yeah, that is unfortunate. It'll probably be rectified with later 1080p televisions that get better upscaling. But you can still laugh at those people who got 1080i screens when HD was new and tried getting HD on the PS3 when it came out....

(Oh, and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz is another crazy good Wii party game. You can't go wrong with Sega + monkeys, although the controls are a little awkward)

I decided not to take the risk and got Okami instead. Clover needs to come back into existence and make a Wii sequel.

Also, IGN has an interesting writeup on Sonic. They say there are multiple paths to warrent replays, so I'm really happy.

EDIT: got my Wii online. Tell me your friend codes if you wanna add me.

1884 4909 0218 7838

still no wii in india, its like the ds library situation again :`D~

btw, are there any online titles you can play over wiiconnect with your buddies yet or that mechanic hasn't been utilised at this time (and what about system link for that matter, because then xlink kai could at least be an option for meee)

oh come on, you know nintendos only doing this for the children! no telling when those child molestors will pop up and want to "play" some WiiSports ya know. and since child molestors can't remember anything with more than 5 digits, the friend code system will surely protect kids for times to come!

wait