A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Lost World General Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the songs on the soundtrack are bad, but others are epic. My favorite is probably Sky Road Zone 1 next to Frozen Factory Zone 1. Windy Hill also grew on me as I didn't really care for the track when it was first leaked months ago. I'm also going to try and pick up a copy tomorrow on it's release date but I have a few things I have to pay such as rent on the first so I might have to wait for the game sadly. >_> Despite the reviews that were giving, I played the game at Sonic Boom this year and I thought it was fun so forget all the bad reviews I'm getting the game. :P

I've never seen such a split on the game since The World Ends With You.

You either hate it, or you love it to death.

I've been going all over with this one. The first 3 Zones were great. Then Frozen Factory hit and I got slapped with that snowball level. Since then the levels have been hit-or-miss. I'll definitely remember this game fondly for the presentation, story, and Windy Hill through Tropical Coast, but I'm going to have to really practice the Zones afterwards to see if I just suck or if the levels really are just kind of cheap.

I think the negativity comes strictly from being on Nintendo. Like 95% of it. The other 5% comes from the writers and amy's voice.

Interesting you say that because my least favourite parts of the game all relate to the Nintendo-y bits; the special stages, moving some of the Wisps via the 3DS's gyro controls. Seriously, do THAT many people love motion control that we can't have at least the option to just use the face buttons?

• Like 2

I have not played the wii U version yet but I have beaten the 3DS version and I am very curious of what the hell happened to the deadly six at the end because after you have the final rehash boss battles with them they don't show up in any cutscenes afterwards, I mean seriously they were the main antagonist of the plot and the story just seems to forget about them after you defeat them.

I really enjoyed these villains and I do hope they make a return though.   

I have not played the wii U version yet but I have beaten the 3DS version and I am very curious of what the hell happened to the deadly six at the end because after you have the final rehash boss battles with them they don't show up in any cutscenes afterwards, I mean seriously they were the main antagonist of the plot and the story just seems to forget about them after you defeat them.

I really enjoyed these villains and I do hope they make a return though.   

Apparently once defeated at the end they... die? I may be wrong.

Deadly Six:

Yeah, in the Wii U version they all just kinda...puff into smoke. Any earlier boss fight with them just shows them jumping out of the arena and escaping, so...I guess they're dead. Was fully expecting the game to show them ganging up on Eggman somewhere. 

Then again, Eggman says he'll capture them again, so it's possible that they're alive? Maybe we're not supposed to think about it.

• Like 2

I've flipped flopped on this game a ton every since first playing it Tuesday. I think I'm going to start a new game now that I know what to expect and see how I like it. For now I want to say it's a great effort marred by only a few non-fun spots, but maybe now that I know what to do they'll be fun the second time around.

Also on the final boss:

I love the Sonic Colors final boss, don't get me wrong, but man that just seems a bit lazy. Still fun, but...I dunno...

I've flipped flopped on this game a ton every since first playing it Tuesday. I think I'm going to start a new game now that I know what to expect and see how I like it. For now I want to say it's a great effort marred by only a few non-fun spots, but maybe now that I know what to do they'll be fun the second time around.

Also on the final boss:

I love the Sonic Colors final boss, don't get me wrong, but man that just seems a bit lazy. Still fun, but...I dunno...

Yeah. I'll give it another shot too. Oh and I agree with you on the final boss.

It was...

Pretty disappointing. I mean it was just too easy. Also, the final boss theme isn't that intense either.

Honestly I think sega should try another experiment of gameplay with sonic.

this one was pretty decent but it didn't have the sonic adventure feel I was expecting.

the controls were very complex and makes it hard for a casual gamer to get into.

the boost gameplay was probably over done but I thought of it as a new staple to the franchise and I like to see it come back

I've written a full review of the 3DS version for RetroCollect, if anyone is interested.

I agree with what some have said about the final boss, he was a bit of a let down. But then I've found that in several of the past Sonic games. I usually have more trouble with the mid-game bosses.

Now I've finished the game I've gone back and am trying to get all the Chaos Emeralds and Red Rings (do they actualyl do anything or are they just to collect). I still enjoy playing through the majority of the levels, although some are slowly building in annoyance (any that have that stupid makes-you-move-slow grass. Ugh).

I still feel it's a solid Sonic game. I just hope any future titles aren't Nintendo exclusive.

P.S. Anyone trying to beat all the levels in Hard mode?

Im watching the cutscenes and 

The red guy talks about making sonic a robot. At that moment I just thought of Metal sonic appearing and just destroying all of them. He has the ability to copy others data and stuff so he can get all their powers ((He copied chaos control without the need of a chaos emerald, he can copy anything))

But I find this game to be funny though. My only complaint is that it should be a spin off and not a main series game. I mean they didn't act like this in SA2. Tails is all against them working together and accusing sonic of trusting eggman more. But in SA2 tails was all like "We all did it together!" understanding why they were working together. Now everything is taken as a joke... Literally everything except what the red guy does.

But I did kinda wish that nobody came back and everyone died just as a lesson of sonic being a dick. I really don't like the new sonic. He was cool back in his adventure days, now he is just... Ugg. 

But I did enjoy eggman's performance. Still glad to see that he is OP as a human XD. And eggman was pretty dark. I would have loved to see an alternate ending of eggman getting his hands on them and just brutally getting sweet sweet revenge.

Edited by Pharaoh Shadon

See, I had the exact opposite reaction to the treatment of Sonic here. I thought the game was an interesting character study of him, showing that his brashness and ego can sometimes make a situation worse. I think it fits his character perfectly that he just jumps in and acts before thinking, he is about speed after all. I really enjoyed all of the character stuff in the game, apart from Tails basically being a damsel in distress.

I guess as a study. But it was a shock having Eggman act like his old deem bristow days ((the actor of Eggman in SA2)) that was a satisfying add in. Too bad sonic ruined it. And I guess that tails is smarter then Eggman now. When tails fixed cubot, he said "built by a 2 year old!" Just to get Eggman mad. It was funny but... Out of character it felt like.

I think I just hate sonics cockiness. He was always cocky but this is just too far. Then again, I guess that's what happens when you power up sonic and no one else. Everyone's power is still at their adventure days other then sonic, sonic is just as powerful as his adventure super sonic. In fact, he's even stronger then that now.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've seen and heard, you should just wait until the price has just about halved. Unless you're cool with long levels and cheapness...but hey you could really like it.

On another note I've wound up playing the game for a Find The Computer Room LP and am handling all the footage now, so I'll be going in-depth with all my thoughts when we've got all that up.