A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Do you expect a new main series Sonic title in 2019?

Stritix

Sonic Lost World was in development for 2 years. Sonic Forces was in development for 4 years, however 2 years were spent on the graphical engine and the other 2 were spent on the actual game. Based on the development timelines of recent titles, do you think there will be a new main series Sonic title in 2019?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just waiting for Mania 2 where, since the first one sold amazingly and was critically praised, SEGA throws off the chains and lets Whitehead be as creative as he wants. They've proven people want and like Mania, so there's no need to use familiar levels as a crutch anymore.

• Like 1

I'm not sure of a Sonic Mania 2, I mean we just had Sonic Mania Plus which was an updated version of the first game. But I still think it may be possible that a new Sonic game would be announced maybe in the middle or end of the year, because Sonic Team aren't involved with Team Sonic Racing it's Sumo Digital and Sega, so they could be working on something new.

Edited by AzureHedgehog
My keyboard sucks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/20/2019 at 7:00 AM, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

They have now confirmed that a new game is in development but gave no details. Doubt were getting anything this year. Probably not until next year or maybe not even until 2021 for Sonics 30th Anniversary. 

I wouldn't be surprised if something is announced at E3.

• 3 weeks later...

Sega's a hard read. I remember Lost World felt like it came out of nowhere. It would be really sweet to see Mania 2 and Generations 2, but a movie tie-in ::shudder:: could happen too.

Sonic and the Spanish Inquisition would be unexpected.

Edited by lone8643

• 4 weeks later...