A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Lost World General Discussion

I just want a damn sonic game, y'know? Not a bunch of dinosaurs terrorizing San Francisco but pretending to be monsters. I mean, I know San Francisco is known for its crazy steep roads, but this game is pushing it. 

I'm just not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you riffing on SA2 or are you comparing Green Hill In The Sky to San Francisco?

I'm mostly looking forward to this game, but the "automatically avoid small obstacles" feature has concerned me. I'm not a fan of that kind of automation. Hopefully it works well enough.

Interesting. Do you have any sources for this? I've heard it being mentioned a few times, but I haven't heard much else.

The only sources I know of are from the SSMB, even there those could be lost.

But even you should know that if SEGA gotten more time and released it the same time the PS3 version came out it would've been a better game. Still with a few faults but still ok.

Edited by MTwinny

The only sources I know of are from the SSMB, even there those could be lost.

But even you should know that if SEGA gotten more time and released it the same time the PS3 version came out it would've been a better game. Still with a few faults but still ok.

After its debut, the game's development team faced serious problems, starting with the resignation of Yuji Naka as the head of Sonic Team. When presented with development kits for the Nintendo Wii, it was decided that Sonic the Hedgehog's staff would be split in two, with Shun Nakamura finishing the creation of Sonic the Hedgehog for Xbox 360 and PS3, while Yojiro Ogawa would use the other half of Sonic Team to begin work on Sonic and the Secret Rings for the new Nintendo platform. What was originally an ambitious undertaking now became a race against time to meet the game's deadline with only half of a development team. In this time, Sonic Team reportedly ignored Quality Assurance Tester bug reports. Many of the criticisms of the game stem from these reasons in what can only be described as an unfortunate series of events.

Mystery solved I suppose. It seems to all come down to SEGA.

Back on topic- Do you think there will be a playable demo of Sonic Lost World in a couple months, similar to the Sonic Generations first demo?

Mystery solved I suppose. It seems to all come down to SEGA.

Back on topic- Do you think there will be a playable demo of Sonic Lost World in a couple months, similar to the Sonic Generations first demo?

Select Best Buy stores and the Nintendo World store are gonna demo Wii U games during E3 week, so there's a possibility.

Moreso hope the 3DS version has one too.

I am super pumped for this game. Glad I at least have a 3DS so I can enjoy probably one of the best portable ports of a game I've ever seen. The 3ds version looks JUST as stunning as the Wii-U version, even if it's going to be slightly watered down.

@MTwinny: Problem is, main series Sonic titles generally release in two year intervals, meaning that, even if all three exclusive titles release this year, it is likely that Microsoft and Sony consoles will still be required to wait at least two years before seeing a Sonic release.

Unless this is just a spin-off title done by a smaller team, similar to the Storybook games and Colors. That's the impression I'm getting so far, anyway.

This is really the exact opposite of what I've come to expect from the same series that brought us ambitious games such as Unleashed. I really hope this isn't SEGA's idea of the evolution of Sonic. The Wii U is capable of far more than this.

Edited by Chex

Okay, that was slightly less offensive than whatever that first trailer was supposed to be. The platforming looks a lot less clunky than it did in Colors thanks to the new parkour/running system, but I can't shake the feeling that there's still a little too much of it, to the point where there's barely any running space, especially in the Wii U version.

It also looks a lot more like Mario now - that tiny planet at the end of Windy Hill and those rotating squares in Desert Ruins 1 looked like something straight out of Galaxy and NSMB Wii. It's not necessarily a bad thing, if they can make it work with Sonic. Even the fastest level shown (Desert Ruins 2) looks way slower than Unleashed or Generations.

So, looking better, but I'm still not sold yet... definitely not something I would get a new system for. Hopefully they'll show some faster/more difficult gameplay videos soon.

Edited by Chex

There was SO many people saying that it looks like/similar to Mario Galaxy, and what people are 
forgetting is that SEGA is in a (temporarily) partnership with Nintendo which means they had to use some of
Nintendo's graphics, color designs and level layouts. There's people that remembers or not. And people are
STILL saying it's a Galaxy copy and yet, they keep forgetting that SEGA's in a partnership. *Sigh* But either way,
you just can't win against society at times...

There was SO many people saying that it looks like/similar to Mario Galaxy, and what people are 

forgetting is that SEGA is in a (temporarily) partnership with Nintendo which means they had to use some of

Nintendo's graphics, color designs and level layouts. There's people that remembers or not. And people are

STILL saying it's a Galaxy copy and yet, they keep forgetting that SEGA's in a partnership. *Sigh*

Nintendo is not involved with the actual development of the game, they're just publishing it.

This isn't the first time a Sonic game has been published by Nintendo. The Olympics titles and I think Colors were published by Nintendo in Japan.

Edited by Chex

@Chex - Wow, I guess SEGA is that lazy to publish their own game(s).
Either that or maybe they just wanted more people finding out
about the games since Nintendo is more well known than SEGA.

@Konos - Well I don't know, the graphics and color designs just looks VERY similar 
to the Galaxy titles.