A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

PS3 demand is ridiculous

Aerosol

Yeah but how many sales was that? No where near the amount of people that are going to try and sell these things.

Enough to where for quite a while afterwards that you could look on Ebay at any time of the day and see plenty of XBox 360s being sold at over a thousand dollars and never see one that isn't that is going to end in the next couple days.

I'm just waiting for someone to sell a PS3 or a picture of a PS3 on ebay.

Uh...people have been selling PS3s for awhile...even Preorders of PS3s before launch (which ebay shut down)

I suppose if you spend $600, knowing you can make a few grand later on ebay, it's a worthy investment. But riddle me this: if everyone is selling PS3s on ebay, who's buying them?

"It's pretty cool that I'd be one of the first people in the country to have it," said Chris Toribio, 21. "Being in line, waiting here with all these other people and making a big deal of the introduction — in some ways this all feels even better than actually buying the game."

. . . So wait.. this guy equates the joy of playing a PS3 to standing in line? I so don't want one anymore. I can stand in a line at Wal-Mart and not buy anything for way less than $600. Yay!

"At some point we want to get to some degree of normalcy, but that remains to be seen," Jack Tretton (exec VP Sony Comp Entertainment) told The Associated Press, adding that seeing all the people camped out and lined up for the console "kind of makes all the effort worth it."

Certainly he's aware of all the shootings, jackings, brawls, etc over this system? Well, I guess if I were in his shoes it'd make me happy too (the console's selling, they're making money)- doesn't mean I'd tell the AP that, though.

"Gamers waited anyhow, even as Sony conceded Tuesday that the new console won't run some of the 8,000 titles designed for previous PlayStations despite promises of being fully compatible."

Err.. I love how the gaming media jumped all over Microsoft for their slack backwards compatability, but it's pretty hush-hush when Sony does the same. This is the first I'm hearing of it. =/

Uh...people have been selling PS3s for awhile...even Preorders of PS3s before launch (which ebay shut down)

I suppose if you spend $600, knowing you can make a few grand later on ebay, it's a worthy investment. But riddle me this: if everyone is selling PS3s on ebay, who's buying them?

I meant to say PS3 Box, not just PS3.

Why are you getting worked up over this? Its not like there is anything interesting on PS3 right now and its not like there is going to be anything on the PS3 that is interesting for a good while.

Give or take Armored Core 4 is supposed to come out not long after the launch given From's last progress report. (though I'm still hoping they really are going for a 360 version too so I don't have to buy the PSBrick.)

Otherwise... yeah, not worth the money for it at this point.

"Its obviously the box."

"What I have here for you today is a Sony Playstation 3 new in box."

Can't be. Clearly says, or at least implies, that the PS3 is in the box. If it's not, the person who gets duped can always file a complaint, at which point eBay would side with them as the seller clearly states that the box contains a Playstation 3 console.

"Seems some people are auctioning it for LESS. Eh?!"

Note that he started at $0.99 and the current bid is at $405. Also note that only 4 bids were made and that Hkuhlenbeck made 2 of them going from $5-300, and then to $400. Something tells me he'll fight for it. People will see the $405 bid and go "ooh, it's soo cheap in comparison," and start placing bids. Then it ends up being decidely higher than the price currently shown. There's still 4 days left.. there's time for the price to go up. Especially in the final hours if the bid amount doesn't significantly increase between now and then.

Err.. I love how the gaming media jumped all over Microsoft for their slack backwards compatability, but it's pretty hush-hush when Sony does the same. This is the first I'm hearing of it. =/

This is the first time I've been remided of it. xD

Don't forget that these people are paying near $700 for a gaming console... a bolt must be loose somewhere, right?

Give or take Armored Core 4 is supposed to come out not long after the launch given From's last progress report. (though I'm still hoping they really are going for a 360 version too so I don't have to buy the PSBrick.)

Otherwise... yeah, not worth the money for it at this point.

its going to suck GG. not like the cool armored cores, is just going to be another rollup with like 7 new leg parts, woowee!

and its offical, ps3 sucks, unless its parts are compatible with my computer.

about the BC, its about 200 of the 8,000 (pretty insignificant when you think about it) most of them minor sound sync issues, and they plan to deal with it in a system update. not that it would make much difference to me as the PS3 would be NTSC and all my games are PAL... damn teh region lockkage

"Who else sees this as a catalyst for more incredibly stupid behaviour?"

I'll personally throw myself down a staircase. I can do that without hurting myself, I've done it before. Heck.. maybe I can just have non-stop footage of me falling. Like a long ass "Oh-crap-I-tripped" thing at school. I can start right after 4th period when lunch starts, bang my head on my locker, stumble out the door, miss a few steps on the first set of stairs, trip down the second, pretend to lose my balance and start grabbing people in attempts to hang on whilst spilling a cup of tea everywhere and enticing shouts of "F U Homes!"

Doubt I'd win though, because there's bound to be a video more idiotic than that. Unless I like.. ghost ride the whip down a busy street during rush hour. I'd have to win for that. xD

But really.. PS3 is not worth the trouble.

Ideas.

" What would you do for a PS3 ? "

" It Commands You "

" Newscast "

" SQUIRREL PLEASE "

Squirrel Please would have to be racially inclined, since squirrels are just typical media whored african americans ( NO offense to myself, if thats possible ) showcasing how ps3 has graphics so great, itll make your nuts salty.

See, I dont care that the PS3 is hyped up now, I would LOVE earning a free run so I can put the hard drive into my computer, and put a 15 gig in it so that I can use only core games and whatnot ;D