A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

PS3 demand is ridiculous

Aerosol

"yea. Which I do believe sony is gonna stamp down on, if i recall collectly."

Not sure what that'll do exactly. If tons of people buy tons of these units and virtually clear out the supply. And then Sony comes in all "none of that" then none of the people who actually want a PS3 to buy games (most of the profit, I believe) will be able to. That doesn't seem like a smart move. And there's nothing illegal about selling something you own, so if eBay's all "nope, no can do here" there's always going to be some other way/place that will allow them to sell the consoles.

There is a team of pranksters running around spamming pre-sale PS3s with insane bids. All the bids on the 1000+ sales are by eBayers with 0 feedback.

Check this one for 30,000: http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-PLAYSTATION-3-PS3-60GB-PREMIUM-SYSTEM-PREORDER_W0QQitemZ270054974671QQihZ017QQcategoryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check the bid history, it just randomly jumps from 10,000 to 30,000. Bunch of no feedbacks (or negative).

Speaking of ridiculous prices...

Can someone explain to me why the PS3 port of FEAR costs 60 dollars while the PC version (which I don't think there are any graphical enhancements) costs 30 dollars? And it only started retailing at 50 dollars to start with.

I swear, console gaming is getting more and more retarded.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

:o

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-PLAYSTATION-3-PS3-60-GB-TRUE-BUNDLE-PACK-REALLY_W0QQitemZ160050434898QQihZ006QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For seriously. I saw people camping out since 4 days ago, Circuit City gave them tickets to come back today. God only knows what other places have done/allowed.

If all those people think they're just gonna buy the system and sell it for a lot of cash, then they got another thing coming. I can only see people buying the system by 100 bucks more, the same happened with the X360. The system is allready too expensive.

Those inflated bids on eBay are always a joke (As Koray pointed out).

I just don't see the PS3 getting a lot of people willing to pay a lot more over the retail cost because that can bring the system close to 1000, and not many people would justify that for lil' Johnny and Sally's Christmas tree.

So pretty much you get 100-200 bucks to sit out in the cold and rain for 3+ days, nice work buddy.

BAH! im so gutted, i literaly pressed the pre-order button for a PS3 (there were 3 options, the first two labeled 'sold out') only to be told "Sorry, sold out" in equivilant chinese, and a refreshing of the page showed the 3rd option to be blanked out....AARRRGGGHHHHH so close... i guess the next batch is the 24th =/ that'll teach me to go to school =P. these resellers are annoying, maybe some people may want to actually 'Play' on a games console rather than cash whore it?? that said, it is a good idea, but no wai am i paying more than RRP for one of these bitches