A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

i played the ps3

sonic122

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about NBA? It's all about MOTORSTORM baby!

Actually, I'm particularly interested on the performance for the Motorstorm demos. Heard Evolution Studios screwed up again (seriously, it's a friggin curse) and used the glitchy TGS first day builds. Lemme know if you get to play it, please.

And Capcom needs to step it up and offer DMC4 playable demos worldwide, not just Japan >_>

Great that means I can ask you this too... I played the PS3 a month back (2k7, Resistance and Sonic) but had one complaint, the controller being way too light... Here you have the "world's most powerful gaming console" with it's blindlingy shiny exterior, great graphics rendering capabilities, and yet the controllers feel like something you got from Chinatown...

For the record, I don't plan on getting a PS3... It didn't impress me enough... and still it doesnt... But that 8800GTX however...

"We can't install the rumble feature because we suck!"

PS3 is seriously the super fail. It looks like the PS2, except now when you touch it, it'll chronicle your finger prints!

It's ugly, it has a horrible system, it actually failed before it was released.

Not worth the money, not worth the time, not worth anything. Get the Xbox360 or the Wii.

and yet the controllers feel like something you got from Chinatown...

Lack of rumble weights. Since what causes the vibration is a solid piece of metal spinning inside the handles, remove that and it's just circuit boards + battery in the inside.

Open the controller, fill it with lead, problem solved! :P

"We can't install the rumble feature because we suck!"

Latest excuse is "it raises the cost". LOL, of course it does, Inmersion wants royalties now. But given their childish weekly whines since the removal, Inmersion can shove up the vibration up their asses. Only games I've played that made a decent use of the feature were the MGSs... didn't miss it much with the Wavebird either.

it actually failed before it was released.

Wut. Elaborate pls.

Not worth the money, not worth the time, not worth anything. Get the Xbox360 or the Wii.

Worth is very subjective. For 400€, a 360 is barely more than a friggen expensive paperweight to me, save for 3-4 exclusives. I wouldn't mind getting one for free (duh) or perhaps later down the road (cheaper), but at this point I'm more prone to pay 100€ more just to secure 1st party stuff + certain exclusives.

I thought their reason for not including the rumble feature was because they stole Wii's controller direction idea, and said the rumble feature would screw it up. If you completely disregard the previous PS controller that had both controller direction movement, and rumble feature. It was clunky, but it worked.

PS3 the fail. =D

"Latest excuse is 'it raises the cost'."

Says the company that charges $500 for the low-end system and expects you to eventually spend the hi-end money on a cable. Says the company that decided to go with Blu-ray without realizing it worked for the PS2 because DVD was established stateside and just becoming popular in Japan. For real.. lamest excuse ever. They need to be shot.