A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

BOTS online

Meanwhile, I'm 5 lvls away from starting our guild. I have more than enough gigas to support it, and I even got some nifty new tools in waiting once I hit that lucky number 30. If I make it, I'll be sure to pass along my old stuff to the rest of you guys. ;)

EDIT: BTW, I think Wings and stuff are availible either 1) on Fridays or 2) beyond Lv. 65 or so. Don't know which because I haven't seen any of that yet.

People keep asking about special transformations. They're luck based, but you can increase the chances by equiping items that boost your special transformation stat. Typically, these items have a blue color (blue guns, blue mini-bots, blue auras). Items with a green color typically raise evasiveness, giving you a chance to outright dodge a virus' attack without doing anything at all. And red increases critical, which is typically what you get with standard issue items you buy in the shop. Other colors increase multiple areas, but in small numbers.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah, I just missed Koray. Guess I can't expect people to be on at 3:00AM, but the peak hours lag like hell. Currently level 26 with cool equipment and twice the money needed to start a guild.

It's better to give the items away than to sell them at the shops for crap money, so I keep trying to find you people to unload my crap on, but I can't seem to find you when I need. Speaking of, koray, I sent you 3 gifts and was going to Whisper to you about them because you were on, but I didn't whisper in time. Anyway, you have 3 gifts waiting.

The first time i played it worked flawlessly, now when ever i go on, i ethier get dissconnected or weird lag.

So far other people have come to a complete stop and look like theyre not fighting when i know they are as the SFX are still playing.

Also several times the robots wont just die after i've battered them for ages, and this happens even on the training ground lvl 1.

Im giving this game a miss for now, sorry guys...Fun while it lasted, but now its barely playable for me.

I'll be heading on in a minute, but I do have to question one thing;

When sitting in the room, I see most others with the orange or yellow monitor colour, which is good, and some have green.

Then I'm getting really crap ones. Shadix has a red R covering his monitors, and when the game boots, I dont see Shadix talk, or move, which causes my screen to flunk up. Such as bots mysteriously flying across the map.

SG: whats your ign

I believe it was me, SG, Aero, Shadix, Blyde (and blydes friend), and Kain who were playing earlier. Was definitly fun, I could have been doing other things, but the sheer concept was amusing.

SFGHQ'ers do some mass owning in this game.

So far I'm thinking its pretty cool. I'm level 7 or 8 right now... anyway, I wouldn't say its the most fun I've ever had, but I obviously don't hate it too much considering that it was 4:00AM before I could even stop to think.

EDIT:

Actually, I thought that was kinda fishy... I forgot to set my computer clock back from when I was in Germany...

@Koray - See first post:

Blyde = ShinyBlyde.

Just join sector games with higher level players. Many are happy to help you level up and you get exp whether you die or not.

Not true enough; from my experiences, most high level players are biggots anxious to get to lvl 100 so they can quit the game. T_T

And of course, any one of us will be happy to give you advice and level you up.

This is VERY true, though. :P

What's with the level 80s who are getting 50 exp on level 8? I get 12 exp on level 8. Anyway, often, high levels are either leaches or asses who expect you to die and don't revive you so they can get the items. But a good deal of them are just quietly beating boards over and over. I haven't tried joining a high level's game (I assumed I'd just get forced out for being 50 lvls too low), so I can only comment on the kind of high level that join low level games. Open gaming is, of course, hit or miss depending on who you end up with.

Although, 7 SFGHQers in the same game for arround 2 hours is complete awesome. Me and Aero are a stones throw away from being level 30, so we'll have a guild tommorrow if not today (granted today's already tommorrow most places).

Lastly, tomorrow from 5PM-9PM (PST) is double-exp, double-money. So, provided the servers aren't undergoing cascade implosions, that's a great time to start and/or join us for mega exp.

Yeah no doubt. Level 30 tomorrow for me too. I will play the whole 4 hours of double exp time.

Also, regarding high levels, I have played with countless high levels who have let me tag along. And some even gave me items that were won that they didn't need. Just keep trying, eventually you will find a couple high levelers who are nice enough to let you in. Just don't take their power ups, items, or kill health spiders. You reap the benefits otherwise (Giga, EXP)

I have seen every level of play due to high levelers like this. And won! Just try.

You_Dead_Nun and his guild are VERY nice. They usually play locked room but when they open they are very nice to noobs who follow the rules. They definately jumped me 4 or 5 levels in under an hour.