A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

If it werent for that weird Jap-rock in the commercial

Jaguarstrike

They certainly failed to understand the audience on that one. Only 25% of people who played FF7 to death are anime nuts.

This statistic was brought to you by: DW's Ass.

Ugh, i HATE anime fanatics. they drive me insane, i once knew this girl who trained herself to do that thing where they freeze their face and laugh. It was creepy.

I dont get why people do that.

I personally like to watch the few anime's i have on DVD in japanese with subtitles, and i also dont mind them keeping Japanese voice overs in the games they make, but some people take it to extremes.

I hate people who make Japanese nicknames of themselves and put Bunnies in their sigs and stupid ____ like that. Like with Phantasy Star universe, im glad they put Voices with the created characters (you choose from one of like 15 voice sets, then customize the Tone. pretty awsome.), but i would be personally pissed if i had to listen to Japanese grunts all the time.

Japanese songs and voiceovers are only "cool" because you dont know what the ____ their saying. If you understood them, it would be about 98.9% less awsome.

I just remember looking up Kingdom Hearts stuff on YouTube and seeing this crap of this woman washing the dishes with the Kingdom Hearts jap. theme playing to it, and these dorks were all like "so beautiful, washing the dishes will never be the same again" and ____. The Bilingual chick who did the jap/english version of the song had something on YouTube with her singing the english version of it Live, and she sounded bloody ____ing horrible. Yet the jap fanatics say she sounds bettter than Beyonce.

What. The. ____.

-Edit-

and with an exception of maybe 5 series (cowboy Bebop, FMA, Trigun, Inuyasha, Lupin the Thrid), i freaking hate anime's. Their so wierd, and 60% of them are perverted as hell.

From Wikipedia:

Osamu Tezuka adapted and simplified many Disney animation precepts to reduce the budget costs and number of frames in the production. This was intended to be a temporary measure to allow him to produce one episode every week with an inexperienced animation staff.

DISNEY ANIMATION?

The world has gone to hell. I know that the last few movies Disney pushed out were bull____, but jesus.

The only team i have to look foward to now is Pixar. I was actully glad they pushed away from Disney for a second, with all the crap going on in that company.

I guess when things become ALL about money, it really kills the finshed product. (even if it was about money to begin with.)

As much as I don't particularly dislike Vincent, this game looks bad. Other than the visuals, it's not even a slightly ambitious Third Person Shooter. Instead of fighting giant snakes and scorpions and evil walls, you're fighting helicopters?

As much as I don't particularly dislike Vincent, this game looks bad. Other than the visuals, it's not even a slightly ambitious Third Person Shooter. Instead of fighting giant snakes and scorpions and evil walls, you're fighting helicopters?

The whole thing looks like one big wtf.

Everyone says Dirge of Cerebrus either sucked / was highly medicore, and i bet you $400 that the new Real Time Final Fantasy game will suck ass even goddamn worse.

God, you would think that with all the FF7 fangirlishness that they would try to EMULATE what gave them the success, eh?

I mean, real time Final Fantasy? WHAT THE HELL?

Theres no WAY ill waste my time with that while i have Phantasy Star Universe.

Obviously, this combat engine needs complete and utter polish to work. I don't doubt it will be/has been done well, but I don't doubt it hasn't. I'll wait til it comes out to judge, but even if the combat system is mediocre it'll probably still be worth getting.

Guest Shadix

Kingdom heart's combat was a bit clunky as well, as I remember, dunno if they fixed this in the sequel ,but I found it pretty retarded that you had to hit up and down frantically to do other things than attack.

I personally think the Turn-based combat was a bit of a bore after a while, but I definetely preferred the ease of that over the AT system. It was original, yes, but it also made pheonix downs next to pointless to even exist as the enemies would intentionally hammer down on the newly revived character.

I guess I've just been spoiled by Daggerfall and Morrowind, then. Everything else in the demo was great, I was just turned off big-time by the combat system. When it comes out I might rent it to see if the story can balance it all out, just to see if it still sends me into TES withdrawal or not, then base a purchase decision on that.

First time, I think, I've ever let fanboyism get in the way of a series I used to like a lot. >.>

Gackt is considered a badass among Japanese metal.

And he's also well known to goths in this country. As well as Dir en Grey, who are actually touring in this country. I'll probably go see them.

So, my point is, maybe they're shooting (forgive the pun) for anime freaks and goths.

I still say Miyavi rules all, but meh.