A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Shadow Dream Demo

Klonk Pulse

OK, the cutscenes were great looking, but I deem them unnecessary if you include dialogue like that. We know Shadow says that...that's ALL he says. Which is why I cringed at the sight of another Shadow game. But let's get to the gameplay:

Pros

+Graphics are pretty cool and different

Cons

-Slope detection is terrible. Please fix that.

-Don't let Shadow gain speed and put an enemy in the way. That sucked, because I always died.

-The first level was pretty hard to get past, because everything is moving too fast, so I eeked past the level with very little health

-There are pretty much only 3 floor tiles and you just repeat them over and over. Gets kinda boring. Mix it up. (Reminds me of Sonic Overload 2)

Keep up the work and good luck.

I wanted to comment on this game this SAGE, but now I see it's not neccessary. So I'll just put my comment here and leave my SAGECast's time for other projects. Here we go:

Looks nice for the first attempt.

What I really like about that game is its graphics' difference from other Sonic games. No usual Sonic-style backgrounds, instead of them everything is mixed up. I think the graphics were either drawn by the author or taken from Shadow the Hedgehog/Silent Hill game. Same for the music. They match quite well, making a cool atmosphere.

What I'd like to say, though, is that your game lacks proper style. Everything is in a mess, the backdrops are too repetitive. Although the music and the overall appearance of the game make a certain impression, I didn't like the cutscenes (which, as I see it, lack proper English grammar, needless to say the graphics are primitive and odd-looking). In addition, I really didn't like the way you drew trees in the last level - they look like 2 minutes in MsPaint.

The engine totally sucks. Absolutely no loops, ramps, any balance, etc. Shadow's walking animation speed should depend on his movement speed. The ability to kick enemies while running looks weird for me (at least with that animation of Shadow). And OMG, the dying enemy's scream sounded funny :) Looks a bit foolish for me.

The gameplay lacks too. Shadow gets acceleration and suddenly runs into an enemy. Enemies' behaviour is quite simple, but this wouldn't be noticeable if there was something else to see. What I can see is a usual "run-through-level-kicking-enemies" routine. There could be some more originality, although I don't know what kind of gameplay you're trying to achieve.

On the whole, I found the game very messy and childish. Although the graphics are the game's pro (I think it's the only pro).

Well, this IS something worth seeing and playing, but it still requires A LOT of work.

Good luck, anyway.

Can we please ban blazefire?

I'm actually wondering why hes still here in the first place...

Blazefire either shape up or get out, its hard as hell to understand WTF you're trying to say.

About the game, the engine is awful, the levels seem repetitive and the first level is just...falling...

On the plus side, I like the originality of this game, you took all the angst from ShTH and made a happy-free game with it. Though I have no idea what the enemies are supposed to be...

• Like 1

I'm actually wondering why hes still here in the first place...

Blazefire either shape up or get out, its hard as hell to understand WTF you're trying to say.

Somethings telling me his age isn't too far up the scale...

I might try this game later, but not now, need some sleep first. =/

hey rael 1 download on rapid share hello i called insted its easiaer 1 day worth of downloading so i can cach up

what is this monsters?! ;-;

My head... I lose consciousness!

Bwahahaha. Sorry if English isn't your first language, but that was funny as hell.

Anyway, the game gets points for being somewhat original... hooray for Cutter the Hedgehog! The graphics are something else, really. You could shape this up into a good game, but right now it feels like a weak platformer. Everyone else has touched upon what I wanted to say. Still, good luck with this!