A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

"Lowpoly" Metal Sonic pls.

SefirothDB

If you consider ~6900 triangles lowpoly, that's it. It's a slighty different take on my usual Metal model.

Pic.

The background is kinda meh, but since I'm trying to put into use old meshes I decided to recycle it anyways. Loosely based off Stardust Speedway (initially it wasn't but upon finalizing the scarse mesh I realized it could resemble, if only so slighty, the level). But this post isn't about the background, so if the lens effects blind you (:D) here's just Metal:

No bg pic.

Focus on the model plz.

If you consider ~6900 triangles lowpoly, that's it. It's a slighty different take on my usual Metal model.

Pic.

The background is kinda meh, but since I'm trying to put into use old meshes I decided to recycle it anyways. Loosely based off Stardust Speedway (initially it wasn't but upon finalizing the scarse mesh I realized it could resemble, if only so slighty, the level). But this post isn't about the background, so if the lens effects blind you (:D) here's just Metal:

No bg pic.

Focus on the model plz.

I want it, NOW!

Did a little change to the no-bg pic. The muzzle or however the gray mouth area is called is more roundish now. Didn't have to add any extra polygon, it's just I forgot to relocate 6 vertexes.

@DW: Are you still interested in the other model? I've revised the mesh for exporting purposes, I think it's good to go now.

Ah, this one might be up for grabs too - I have no plans for this version either. Still wary of putting my meshes on the intarwebz, but if someone trustable thinks he/she can put it to good use, try contacting me.

Thanks for the feedback <3

Looks off to me. You see, Metal Sonic's spines go to a round portion on the back of his head. Yours just seem to blend together. Think of it almost like a triceratops' head. Round in the back with those spines/plates/whatever coming out. That's what his head is like.

Edit:

I looked at the nobgpic. Move his head up a little bit. it's like his neck is sinking into his torso. Another beef with the spines. They seem too soft. They look like Sonic's spines. They have to be more triangular and sharp/skinny. The lower spines are spaced too far apart. On the normal Metal Sonic, they space out a little bit then go straight back.