A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

I like this kind of effect. Planned once on making something like this but I didn't want to go on. A sparks said, making lighting a bit better could be of some use. Is this going into the colab?
Yeah... Who knows? I kinda hate Sonic Worlds and I think that it's a pain in the ass to work on. But who knows, maybe I'll find some forces from beyond and make something for the collab.
I'm actually really digging this. It could make a wicked gimmick stage for the collab.
Indeed but to be honest I kinda dislike the idea about the poor ilumination and effects that MMF2 can give. If it at least could create some vector lights like construct or even Game Maker, it could look much better.

@P3DRO I'll be waiting for it to be released on the Colab. Having hope is always good lol.

@Betaman Fine, but there is something buggin me on your screenshot.

1 - The cloud bed should end more behind the trees, without the sky appearing IMO, otherwise it would look a bit strange.

2 - I think there is way too much green in there... and little brown.

3 - Should the place between the tree tops and the grass, where the trunks are, REALLY be green? Looks a bit weird.

@Betaman Fine, but there is something buggin me on your screenshot.

1 - The cloud bed should end more behind the trees, without the sky appearing IMO, otherwise it would look a bit strange.

2 - I think there is way too much green in there... and little brown.

3 - Should the place between the tree tops and the grass, where the trunks are, REALLY be green? Looks a bit weird.

1- Yeah, I've been working on the background a bit. That's ACT 2's back ground now. It's been fixed substantially now and there are more trees, lakes, and more layering. I'm sorry that shot wasn't so good. That was the first time that I'd ever worked with Parallax.

@overbound

were you talking to me or P3DR0?

EDIT: I now have a screen of the newly placed ACT 1 background. As opposed to ACT 2, this act is a beach that eventually (at the end of the act) tapers off into the forest. Ironically fitting, the placeholder music is a MIDI of Seascape from Knuckles Chaotix (Marina Madness's music)

jdzact1.png

Well thank you then. I've worked on the background some and now there are smaller ones in the background. The background that you see in my last post is the new Act 1. Every act has a name as well, with Act 1 being Sunburn Shores and Act 2 being Eternal Greenhouse.

I've also been working on Act 1's background and there is a forest behind those sand dunes now.

Thanks. ^_^ Bonus points if you can figure out where each background layer came from. (I only recolored them.)

I'm not much of a fangame developer anymore, so I'm just mucking around. If I actually make something out of this, I would most likely donate it to an existing project.

@Spike

Loving the look of the ice stage. We don't see enough of your game! Does it even have its' own thread?

@LakeFeperd

Not too sure those white, oval, foreground clouds work with the rest of the graphics. Either way, it's an interesting and unique looking stage. The background in the 3rd screen is beautiful.

@Betaman

You are very correct, sir. Triple Trouble has always been one of my favorite oldschool Sonic games. I've always found it very underrated. Although the level similarities weren't intended, I'm sure you noticed the rocket shoes. The spring shoes are in the game too, and Fang plays a very important role, similar to Knuckles in Sonic 3. (As in, he's out to screw you over. He also controls most of the mini-bosses.)

@sonicyoda

My game had it's own thread looong ago, probably about last summer. With college, I don't work on it much during the year, and then I make a lot of progress each summer. :P

I'm shooting for finishing the demo around SAGE, if there is one this year, I haven't heard anything about it. If not, just the end of the summer sometime. I'm moving overseas during the first week of September, so it'll have to be before that.

Also, a better screenshot of the forest level. It doesn't actually look so much like Triple Trouble, it's more of a re-imagining of Wood Zone:

woodzonescreenshot2.jpg

(But now that I think of it, those popping bubbles from Triple Trouble might be a nice addition...)