A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

And that fountain is spewing oil or something? I dunno, when I first saw bad future, I wasn't thinking blood, I was more thinking oil or something. Something needs to fuel those robots.

...and-

, I dunno, it sounds fitting.

Oil is usually yellow and petroleum, black. You could also use purple like Oil Ocean. And the pink stuff was called Mega Mack.

But Eggman doesn't use such things. He uses animals and flowers.

@DerZocker They look really nice! the shading makes them look soft and simple :')

@LakeFeperd Lovin the screeny, Glad you've used rain in the level, People dont seem to do that much nowadays and its a good effect to have.

I think the plain grey background is a little bland though, maybe have some very subtle clouds at the top to emphasize that its raining?

@Chronic, I've not seen much of your game as for the screeny in your signature and the Doomsday zone remake thingy. But from what i saw you do witht he Sonic Dash+ Engine I think its going to be pretty sweet :3

Could we have a post your music thread? Cus I'm sure this isn't the best place for me to keep posting this stuff xD

Anyways...

Outerspace Speedway (Original Sonic Fan Music)

Some Music I composed for a space like level, A level coming up to the Death Egg perhaps?

Things I can improve on please?

@JetHawk http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7349 This thread has most of the released screenies on it. I'm not using the Sonic Dash + engine anymore, I'm working with Blaze on our own MMF2 engine. Commented on your piece btw, good job ^^

@DerZocker Loving them even if they are traces, sonics skin seems a tad dark though?

Would having Nack in Robotniks seat for all of Knuckles bosses akin to the Egg-robo in Sonic 3 be too similar to Sonic XG? I know in XG Knuckle sonly appeared as one boss but I want Nack for most of them.

It might but you should do what you feel comfortable doing.

Just remember, the Egg-Robo fights were played out a bit differently with Marble Garden's being a totally different boss all together.

You should have Fang's version be like the Egg-Robo's where they were slightly more difficult than the others.

I don't really want to reveal much of the story D; Nack is prodominantly the main antagonist of Knuckles story until around zone 7, Robotnik, it doesn't make much sense to have him as the bad guy of Knuckles story line because he's absent throughout most of the storyline.

Yeah the fights were planned ot be different and some have to be completely different due to how Knuckles' stages work.

A mock up for a training stage in Chaos World, I'm going to put this game on hiatus, gain some coding and stage designing skill before I continue this endeavor.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1547&stc=1&d=1325545896

Is this hard to look at, btw? Having trouble with a game in black and white/grayscale.

post-6574-13863976527_thumb.png

A mock up for a training stage in Chaos World, I'm going to put this game on hiatus, gain some coding and stage designing skill before I continue this endeavor.

[qimg]http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1547&stc=1&d=1325545896[/qimg]

Is this hard to look at, btw? Having trouble with a game in black and white/grayscale.

This reminds me of an old bug I had on my PC with a Hidden Palace lib, in that old Multimedia Fusion Express. The colors somehow converted to transparent, white, yellow or dark green.

I think that, if it's not an environmental gimmick ad if your game has graphics better than of an old Game Boy Color, then you'll probably want it to have its common colors. With all due respect >:

@LH: have you ever heard of Madworld? I'm doing game mixing, it just wouldnt look right if it were colored.

@Overbound: Thanks!

@Saitosan: I plan on using black and white, then many shades of gray. Things that light up a certain color will be in color. Oh, and blood will be in full color.

That's not an actual stage btw, I just slapped some Starlight zone tiles together and recolored...

[qimg]http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1547&stc=1&d=1325545896[/qimg]

Just a bit difficult to see the characters faces but besides that, that actually looks pretty cool. I've never played Madworld so is it going to have a similar gameflow or pacing to it?

I want to make a more mission based platformer, I suppose. Like defeat this amount of certain enemies, or collect this item. Also, there'd be a boss after every "act" if I could. There'd be a lot of hacking and back tracking.

Looking great. Now we're talking, LH!

Just think that the sky could use some extra work, and that palmtree on the ramp should be behind of the ramp itself cause it seems it's floating and well, isn't looking good. But this time you nail'd it. :3

Loved the style and the colors, can't wait to give it a test.

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/xz9ZK.png[/qimg]

Lakefeperd, I gave that first pillar a shot. I can do the second one in this manner but I think the tree is kind of SOL due to how difficult that would be to get looking decent.

miXjm.jpg