A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

constructionpl.png

I like it, but I will ALWAYS complain about what looks like clouds floating over the water.

BTW,

attachment.php?attachmentid=1529&stc=1&d=1320877875

Here it is.

((DOWNLOAD HERE))

AND READ BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING ABOUT IT:

I need you guys to rate it, rate the gameplay (consider that these parkour-based moves are VERY VERY basic, and the actual characters are going to have much more movements that just these, either melee, either using a weapon or even shooting) and tell me what you think that should be improved.

Please, don't consider the Knuckles sprite, and let me repeat: THIS IS NOT going to be a FANGAME with a DIFFERENT GAMEPLAY, but yes an actual game. I will also ask again for some tutorials for drawing human characters, because it's my first time in 6 years of programming.

Move list:

- Wallclimb: Approach a wall and jump, you'll automatically walk on it. Getting speed and jumping on the wall will help you climb higher. You can also jump off of it and climb up another wall on the other side, but if you jump again out of this other wall, you won't be able to do so.

- Skill Roll: In case you're about to have a hard fall, press the down button to make a Skill Roll when you touch the ground to avoid losing health. Notice that, if you don't, you'll lose health relative to how high was the height you fell from. If your health reaches 0, you will faint. Also, if you fall from a very high height, you will automatically die as well.

- Slowdown: Press S at any time to create a slowdown that will give you more reaction time, creating an illusion effect. Pressing D or getting hurt will automatically deactivate it. This feature is unavailable in Speedrun Mode.

Things you should consider looking into:

- The HUD: The main bar with the red fill is your health. The circle on the left tells you which kind of impact you're going to have on your current fall (Heavy, Very Heavy, Deadly); The rounded thing on the right tells you if you're gonna make a Skill Roll when you touch the ground (it will say "COIL" if you will).

- The first look of the Main Menu, which is going to be very interactive, and is very simple for now;

- Make a walkthrough on both Play and Speedrun Modes;

- Wallclimbing, Skill Rolling, Walljumping with precision to reach higher heights;

- Dying by losing all health;

- Testing the Slowdown;

- Dying by falling from a VERY HIGH ground.

I'm sometimes experiencing some non-purposal slowdowns on my PC because of the use of Perspective, but that's probably because I use Windows 7 while having only 1 gig of mem. I'd like to see if you guys are experiencing any noticeable slowdowns here too, so I left a DEBUG key to activate/deactivate the Framerate count. Alternate between Visible and Invisible with Q and W.

LAST NOTE - Translations:

"Novo Projeto" = New Project

"Selecione um mapa" = Select a map

"Ãrea de treinamento" = Training Area

"Jogar" = Play

(Yes, this is primarily going to have Portuguese support.)

FLASH NEWS: Stage is unbeatable due to a little bug in the fadeout. Already corrected that on my project.

SERIOUSLY? Is it SO BAD that nobody besides TailsSena (via PM) said a thing about this?

SERIOUSLY? Is it SO BAD that nobody besides TailsSena (via PM) said a thing about this?

Wait, I was really the only one?! I thought Strife would've jumped at the art help part of it, and BlazefireLP at general physics help...

The one thing of note I guess is that if I want to go fast enough to climb a 20ft wall with 5 feet of floor, I have to jump to get enough momentum because aerial acceleration is so much faster than ground acceleration.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1529&stc=1&d=1320877875

Here it is.

((DOWNLOAD HERE))

You should have made another topic if you wanted more attention... oh well.

Due to the fact that I was still playing a Sonic game, I kept dieing in the really huge falls. I really liked the wall jumping and running features. Reminded me of Eggman Hates Furries. I'm really excited on how this turns into a indie game.

@TailsSena: Hm never noticed that. Strange. I'll look into it. Thanks.

@Hypersonic645: Can't, this is pretty much a VERY VERY VERY early prototype engine. I don't even have character sprites yet! Maybe when I get something more consistent, I'll open a topic. Yet I'm unsure. But thanks (:

I will also ask again for some tutorials for drawing human characters
Drawing as, drawn with paper and pencil/tablet/etc

Or as pixel-art? :V

@Sparks: Very pretty, but the water... Ohdeargodwhy?... It just looks bad, like... everything is in order, a bunch of horizontal parallel lines... Randomize it a lil' bit, resize down some, add more, etc...

@ Steven M: Those look pretty cool. The colors remind me of a NGP or GBC pallette.

I'm currently trying to make a 16-Bit version of Planet Wisp. Isn't as easy as I'd thought. Many colors that look great in the original, won't look that good in a 2D tileset. And as always, I struggle hard with the plants. ^^'

planetwisp.png

I just want to draw various sprite poses, the most flexible as possible.
Sorry, can't help with that. I suck at spriting. :V
planetwisp.png
Holy shit that looks good. Can't wait to see it ingame.

Edit:

@Steven M Looking good but... What exactly are these? Mockups?

@Steven M Looking good but... What exactly are these? Mockups?

Yup. They're for a SHMUP that currently allows four styles of play, with the ultimate intent of having eight unlockable characters. When I get around to finishing the demo I'll upload it in my thread.

@ Steven M: Those look pretty cool. The colors remind me of a NGP or GBC pallette.

I'm currently trying to make a 16-Bit version of Planet Wisp. Isn't as easy as I'd thought. Many colors that look great in the original, won't look that good in a 2D tileset. And as always, I struggle hard with the plants. ^^'

[qimg]http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-4551/planetwisp.png[/qimg]

Those look great.

And BTW, it's great to be back. I've changed and edited all the graphics that were under scrutiny, and I am just happy to have a second chance, and I won't screw it up.