A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

"the white shines in all of the windows make it look a little busy for a background"

Ok, then:

[qimg]http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1511&stc=1&d=1318368982[/qimg]

Maybe you should make the blue windows in the BG a little less brighter to deattach from the foreground.

LOL at the Alex Kidd on the BG <3

And here's Stormy Sky Zone.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1512&stc=1&d=1318435012

(Fig.1 - Outside [looks better in action])

attachment.php?attachmentid=1513&stc=1&d=1318435012

(Fig.2 - Transition area)

attachment.php?attachmentid=1514&stc=1&d=1318435012

(Fig.3 - Inside)

I know, it's still basically a mix of Nite Shadow's Wing Fortress and Flying Battery. But as you can see, I'm still brainstorming at the tiles, like in Figure 3.

But can anyone give me tiles ideas, PALLET ideas (the most important part for now) and another better rain physics? (The current rain technique I'm using is scrapping the framerate).

EDIT:

It's what girls wear to keep their tatty-bo-jangles up properly. XD. LOL BRA-SONIC

WTF

post-1782-1386397652_thumb.png

post-1782-138639765203_thumb.png

post-1782-138639765205_thumb.png

I think you should keep the pallet from Fig.2's floor tiles and apply them to the flying battery tiles. The Dark Grungy feel the fortress has to is really nice but the flying battery tiles kinda ruin it =/

Maybe have some feint glowing red lights in the BG? Like LED's or alarms? If your using Game Maker that may be an issue with the scrolling background and all.

My other idea would be to change the BG Blues to a more grey color to match the grunge feel :)

I <3 the idea though, Just try to keep the Industrial feel to it throughout, Not a lot of people use this feel in there fan games nowadays and its a real bummer =/

EDIT:

ZYM7F.jpg

Was thinking something like that for the floor?

MS paint bro:

1.Open sprite sheet / tilesheet in ms paint

2.Get shade you wish to recolor and assign it to LEFT click.

3.Get the shade you wish to change it to, and assign it to RIGHT click.

4.Choose the eraser/rubber tool, and select the biggest or desired brush.

5.Hold down the RIGHT mouse button and paint over the areas you wish to recolor, and you and you should be be erasing (aka, recoloring) only the selected color.

???

9.You should have red sonic

I think you should keep the pallet from Fig.2's floor tiles and apply them to the flying battery tiles. The Dark Grungy feel the fortress has to is really nice but the flying battery tiles kinda ruin it =/

Maybe have some feint glowing red lights in the BG? Like LED's or alarms? If your using Game Maker that may be an issue with the scrolling background and all.

My other idea would be to change the BG Blues to a more grey color to match the grunge feel :)

I <3 the idea though, Just try to keep the Industrial feel to it throughout, Not a lot of people use this feel in there fan games nowadays and its a real bummer =/

EDIT:

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/ZYM7F.jpg[/qimg]

Was thinking something like that for the floor?

I use MMF2 :B

Thanks for the tips. Look, I carefully replaced the platform's pallete, but still unsure about the background.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1515&stc=1&d=1318455737

I basically gave it a Sepia feeling. Still gonna work on these lights - LEDs and alarms. Maybe Wacky Workbench would give me some ideas on that.

EDIT: I think I'm gonna darken the foreground to deatach it from the background.

post-1782-138639765209_thumb.png

MS paint bro:

1.Open sprite sheet / tilesheet in ms paint

2.Get shade you wish to recolor and assign it to LEFT click.

3.Get the shade you wish to change it to, and assign it to RIGHT click.

4.Choose the eraser/rubber tool, and select the biggest or desired brush.

5.Hold down the RIGHT mouse button and paint over the areas you wish to recolor, and you and you should be be erasing (aka, recoloring) only the selected color.

???

9.You should have red sonic

Get graphicsgale, save yourself the trouble.

I dont know why people torture themselves with Paint or Photoshop when it comes to sprites. One sucks and the other is too overpowered.

• Like 1

I dont know why people torture themselves with Paint or Photoshop when it comes to sprites. One sucks and the other is too overpowered.

I use paint.net, I've never heard of graphicsgale. It looks like it'll come in handy.

+Rep for redirecting my attention

if you don't want to spoil a bit of Sonic BTS ending, don't click there

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/PzIoE.png[/qimg] [qimg]http://i.imgur.com/0C9fT.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/Pha14.png[/qimg]

Last Boss :D

I would change his foot a little bit to give the impression of flying... Also, I must be honest, I'm a little bit disapointed... BTS is well knowed by it's awesome weird bosses, with their awesome gimmicks and... Well, big sizes.

And this... As I can see, is just a small and "normal" type of boss, like the minibosses on the classic games, such as Metal Sonic.

Well, good luck. I'm happy that you're finishing this one, it has been some time since we didn't get any original and five stars finished fangame. Congrats.

@P3DR0

sorry for disappointing you =( but that's not a normal boss, it works much like

@Hyper Emerson

yeah, i'm now working in that "fast pacing" thing just to make it look moar awesome

it is also suposed to be an earlier version of this guy

Don't worry man. I'm not that disapointed, haha. I think you're awesome and probably is working on something that will blow or minds like everything in BTS. :3

Let's do this way: You work on it, and when you finish and release the game, I'll comment again and give my opinion. Haha

@Overbound

nice... wait, what? time twisted also got an zone named Metro Madness? Sonic BTS also have º-º

---

Stbs Last boss:

For Sbts last boss... i've improved it a little bit

gALRR.pngY2eiV.png

(ignore that blue stripe in the second screenshot, it's part of the lazer animation)

almost everything is in motion

This. always do this. GraphicsGale will save you so much time and effort and is perfect for this stuff.