A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Glad everyone approves of the background. ^_^

@Overbound

What do you mean by "rap around stripe", Overbound?

@Topic

[qimg]http://yoritoshi.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/gimmick.png[/qimg]

I thought about this thing while going back to home by bus. Sonic spins into it and is then taken to the top, spinning...

Later i noticed it works pretty much like the Pole Pod gimmick already present in the engine. ._.

LoL your picture has a big green rap around sprite in it!

HiddenPalacetitleCard-1.png

Just the title card from hidden palace. There's an image behind it initially but I wanted you guys to see the tileset. I'm working on recreating the first part of hidden palace then continuing it. I need to make sure it comes out perfectly but theres a bit of an issue with the big hole in the roof as part of the parallax, it doesnt want to cooperate.

Azukara that looks great give my compliments to DB.

The reason why I was thinking of changing level names again was because Viridian Valley means I have to use viridian. Because you guys seem to like that name best I went ahead and gave it another shot.

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5170721/Viridian%20Valley%20-%20Copy.png[/qimg]

I dunno if you're trying to stick to the megadrive palette or something but there is absolutely no need for all that dithering in the sky.

You're much better off sticking to one colour for the sky.

If used inappropriately, dithering can be the ugliest thing.

Also: Don Chaotix:

Titlecards are the least important things in the games... but if we;re going from a design perspective, you want the card to be bold and simple as possible.

I know photoshop can be a barrel of fun - but if I were you, I'd stick to a big, bold white font with a black drop shadow. You can't go wrong.

Also: Don Chaotix:

Titlecards are the least important things in the games... but if we;re going from a design perspective, you want the card to be bold and simple as possible.

I know photoshop can be a barrel of fun - but if I were you, I'd stick to a big, bold white font with a black drop shadow. You can't go wrong.

Thanks, I realize that they're the least important, but at this point I don't really have much to show, I've been fooling with trying to recreate hidden palace at this point and it was actually more of a chore than I initially thought. From there I believe the second act will comprise of the lava reef breaking, which will flood the palace with lava, which is act two, so it's like going backwards, then you go up from there and end up in the abandoned launch base. I've come up with some pretty crazy theories as to what things are in S3&K, where they're placed, and all this other stuff.

Azukara that looks great give my compliments to DB.

The reason why I was thinking of changing level names again was because Viridian Valley means I have to use viridian. Because you guys seem to like that name best I went ahead and gave it another shot.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5170721/Viri...20-%20Copy.png

I dunno if you're trying to stick to the megadrive palette or something but there is absolutely no need for all that dithering in the sky.

You're much better off sticking to one colour for the sky.

If used inappropriately, dithering can be the ugliest thing.

I can agree to the dithering issue 100%, though if it's supposed to be fog rather than sky, the dither adds a bit of a nice effect to it. If it does represent fog though, it's probably a bit too thick and should at least have shadowed trees/shrubbery partly visible in the distance.

I suppose I can actually post an image for once; a current solo semester project of mine:

rockdriller.png

I wonder how long I can hold onto the 60+fps...

OriginBeach-1.png

Aww yeaaaahhhhh.

I've redone my idea for the first level of my fangame since I ended up cannibalising parts of the initial Green Hill totem pole one for another project I've been asked to work on. I've actually started implementing this into Sonic Worlds now that I've started to get the hang of it, so some actual gameplay screenshots could be coming soon to a screenshot thread near you~

Part of me thinks it needs toning down colourwise, but part of me thinks a sunny beach level should be as bright as can be. Areas to improve? Also, the bg is basically filler at the moment until I can think of something more interesting than an empty ocean.

@GNA Part of you is right. You have got to tone down those colors. Right now you've got lots of saturation on top of lots of saturation. Too much saturation seems to be in a lot of your levels. Plus I think your level could use one more color. You may contact me on aim/msn if you wish to discuss it.

Taking into account some of the criq I improved the background further.

Viridian%20Valley%20-%20Copy2.png

Yet another.

CityPastMock.png

Its the past version of Hyper Highway. The future uses Phoebius city graphics from Sonic 4/Project Retro I edit the existing tiles to make a past version.

• Like 1

looking good... I edited a few things though :P

sonicscreen.png

• I antialiased the hills so they don't look too sharp
  • Added a few purdy stars, though you were probs gonna do that anyway
  • I changed the second brightest colour in the reflections in the sea to a darker colour. I only noticed they were 2 different colours till I zoomed in
  • Changed the black in the distant tree trunks to the dark green from the bushes.

I'd also darken the highlights on the middle set of bushes.

I'd be careful though, it seems like you use more colours than are needed when shading things. Try not to go over more than 3-5 shades per object unless it's absolute necessary :D

SWLC_Title_Simple.png

Not actually a useful screenshot, it isn't even final. I just made some experiments to see what I could get. I was aiming for something VERY VERY simplistic.

The animated background changes between Green Hill, Emerald Hill, Angel Island (in this pic) and Mushroom Hill every time you restart this frame. The menu is also very simple, as it is intended only to be a start menu. It is no longer a level select.