A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

I use game maker which has a "Debug Mode" In this mode you can use windows to call up the value of any variable, and execute spinets of code from one of the windows.

Yet I still see debug values in quite a few game maker betas, I really don't understand why.

Obviously this is in MMF2 though right, which I've never used, so I have no idea if it has said function.

Obviously this is in MMF2 though right, which I've never used, so I have no idea if it has said function.

It actually has a DEBUG window that only appears when you are running the application. But you have to add the objects you wish to monitore in untime, except if you want to monitore the global values, strings, and level timer.

EDIT:

Still planning on this marc...

newdesign.png

It actually has a DEBUG window that only appears when you are running the application. But you have to add the objects you wish to monitore in untime, except if you want to monitore the global values, strings, and level timer.

Using the add to debugger action does help a lot when this is needed.

That underwater BG makes Sonic barely noticeable, you should adjust it a bit, LH.

On the subject of the debug window, why does it not appeaar in the Beta 5.0 version of Worlds, and how can i turn it on?

On LH, the level looks pretty, but...

...i think there's something odd about the underwater background, but by the looks of your lastest screenshot, you have already changed some stuff.

On topic, two silly screenshots:

ttz4.png

ttz5.png

Wheee, i created Choppers! And managed to draw a waterfall that doesn't look that much awful...

you could have an event that takes local variables and makes them global if you really find adding object to the list that time consuming.

something as simple as "global.1xpos = Sonic.x; "

(the 1 being placed so that it appears right at the top of the list)

This way the game doesn't have to draw anything extra.

Also converted my 3D engine for "The Virus" into a more mega man Legends like engine, (joystick moves player, player and camera rotate with the shoulder buttons/ along with a keyboard only, and keyboard + mouse configuration as well)

Original static camera: http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/FanGameRevolver/screenies.jpg

Now the current build brings the camera into the action, and is allowed to be much more dynamic in the hands of the player

mmlengine.png

I also tweaked the jump to halt if the player releases the jump key, so you can make small jumps quickly.

On the subject of the debug window, why does it not appeaar in the Beta 5.0 version of Worlds, and how can i turn it on?

It's switched off. Open the app's properties and look around for a "Show debugger" checkbox. Switch that on and run the application.

@Cstyler Very good. Been thinking in a level quite like this to Sonic Phoenix's "Avalon: Space Rush".

back to my aquatic level...

newtry.png

Does that seem better?

Seriously, I don't have too much idea on what to do for a underwater background. Copied Hydrocity ones, but still, I think I should recolor them. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Been thinking on the names "Amazing Ocean" or "Deep Lake". Wadja think too? ):

EDIT2: Guess I made it stay in synchro.

lasttry.png

The level is actually brown in most part, and is some kind of Hydrocity Zone... but in fact, it is only a part of a colossal rock palace submerged in the water.

EDIT3: Ignore the stones coming out of the water from the very far background. I've removed it. Since the water isn't static, it doesn't fit.

• Like 1

So I'm creating a small game in XNA to help further my knowledge in how C# works:

I started the game this morning, it's is called "Chaoagotchi" and is a simple Tamagotchi/Virtual Pet game that is designed to run in the background (When not in use) while you continue with your every day computer browsing routine, but remember to keep checking back! For example, when you first run the game you'll be presented with a Chao egg:

screen1q.png

It just sits there quite happily until 5 minutes into the game:

screen2ml.png

From here you'll need to make sure that your Chao remains well fed and happy, for example using the trumpet:

screen3g.png

Will keep the Chao's happiness up.

I know it's looking very bare at the moment, but the reason why I'm showing this project off so early is that I need some concept and direction from anyone reading this. The first thing I'm going to be concentrating on is the actual interface for the game, as well as mini games or something to increase or decrease the Chao's skills such as (Flying, Swimming, etc) So if any of you who is reading this has ay ideas for how the interface should work or how I could incorporates how to change the Chao's skills then fire away!

• Like 1

Primarily custom. I'm posting them in this thread because they don't really have a home yet - these are purely conceptual as of now until I decide which engine I feel most comfortable with to adequately develop and nurture the ideas that have been swirling around in my head for these tilesets.

Guess you already know that your conceptsare actually "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAHHH", but yeah, Sonic Worlds Delta seems to fit your needs. But that rotated fire shield monitor seems ugly, must say.

So I'm creating a small game in XNA to help further my knowledge in how C# works:

I started the game this morning, it's is called "Chaoagotchi" and is a simple Tamagotchi/Virtual Pet game that is designed to run in the background (When not in use) while you continue with your every day computer browsing routine, but remember to keep checking back! For example, when you first run the game you'll be presented with a Chao egg:

[qimg]http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/8498/screen1q.png[/qimg]

It just sits there quite happily until 5 minutes into the game:

[qimg]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6440/screen2ml.png[/qimg]

From here you'll need to make sure that your Chao remains well fed and happy, for example using the trumpet:

[qimg]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4158/screen3g.png[/qimg]

Will keep the Chao's happiness up.

I know it's looking very bare at the moment, but the reason why I'm showing this project off so early is that I need some concept and direction from anyone reading this. The first thing I'm going to be concentrating on is the actual interface for the game, as well as mini games or something to increase or decrease the Chao's skills such as (Flying, Swimming, etc) So if any of you who is reading this has ay ideas for how the interface should work or how I could incorporates how to change the Chao's skills then fire away!

Pretty good. Why didn't anyone starting making a Chao Garden here? Virtual pets are so awesome.

Guess you already know that your conceptsare actually "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAHHH", but yeah, Sonic Worlds Delta seems to fit your needs. But that rotated fire shield monitor seems ugly, must say.

Yeah the rotated Fire Shield was just me toying with the rotation function of GIMP more than anything else. Same goes for the knocked over totem pole, though I fixed that up afterwards to make it look less blatantly like a cheap rotation. As we speak I'm making sure I've got all of my BG pieces neatly organised because frankly my sprite documents are an absolute mess at the moment.

And yeah Worlds is something I'm considering. Problem is, maybe I'm just retarded but it's hard finding some solid documentation on how it all of the numbers and events in Worlds link together, so trawling through the events editor of MMF2 and seeing how everything works by hand is a bit of a steep learning curve. Same goes with any engine without one unified form of documentation, which is why my last fangame attempt ended up being built upon attempted (and subsequently failing) custom engines~

And yeah Worlds is something I'm considering. Problem is, maybe I'm just retarded but it's hard finding some solid documentation on how it all of the numbers and events in Worlds link together, so trawling through the events editor of MMF2 and seeing how everything works by hand is a bit of a steep learning curve. Same goes with any engine without one unified form of documentation, which is why my last fangame attempt ended up being built upon attempted (and subsequently failing) custom engines~

You seem used to MMF2. It's not that hard, you have to just pay attention to alterable values of the objects and how it works.

But anyway, if you're still having problems, you may download the basic crappy 360° MMF2 Sonic Engine we all love. It's not the safe and complete code of Worlds, but it's still something to consider. Sonic Phoenix and Hedgehog Reborn were built off of it, though you need to configure LOTSA things.

Yet if your are interested in true Sonic physics your options are rather limited at the moment. That will soon change though as a few people have made engines with accurate physics in Game Maker. Its just none of them are released yet. I'd say starting with graphics is a good idea as you wait to see what happens.

Yeah the rotated Fire Shield was just me toying with the rotation function of GIMP more than anything else. Same goes for the knocked over totem pole, though I fixed that up afterwards to make it look less blatantly like a cheap rotation. As we speak I'm making sure I've got all of my BG pieces neatly organised because frankly my sprite documents are an absolute mess at the moment.

Well Sir, As soon as LarkSS and I finalize the newest and possibly final build of Sonic Worlds Delta, We'll also include the documentation on what everything covers. You could at least ask what the trouble is. There's no shame in asking for help though. For Such good tiles here, its a darn shame to see them waisted. Seriously, man.

Well Sir, As soon as LarkSS and I finalize the newest and possibly final build of Sonic Worlds Delta, We'll also include the documentation on what everything covers. You could at least ask what the trouble is. There's no shame in asking for help though. For Such good tiles here, its a darn shame to see them waisted. Seriously, man.

Oh don't worry, I'm not having any specific troubles, it's just that the first day or so of taking in the sheer wealth of features and values etcetera in an engine is a bit overwhelming at first. The tiles certainly aren't going to go to waste, I'm just saying it could be some time before they show up in any sort of polished product. :3

@Overbound. My edited engine is getting to the point where I'm adidng exact physics to my engine to perfect Damizeans. I'll be opensourcing my game when it's near completion anyway , so people can just take the code they want really.

So are you going off the Sonic physics guide or are you just saying its perfect because you *think* it is. I'm not saying it really matters either way plenty of great demos have been made without perfect physics. I'm just asking are that at a professional level like E02 and Retro are? You know perfect/improved physics and virtually bug free.