A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

@Gear, for a genesis style there are too many colors on the tiles.

@LH, this isn't good... The sea is too simple, a big empty sea. Also, the sea is too darky for this brighty sky or this contrastful pallete. In fact it looks like that those "mountains" on the back are on top of icebergs.

The loop is weirds, his shading looks like he's half turned for the right. But the bricks are for the right too. If you turn, just the bricks for the left, you'll have a better effect.

About the floor, it's kinda weird, it's like the loop doesn't belongs to this picture or the floor it's what doesn't. What I'm saying is they are not matching. Also if I was you, I would totally decrease the bright of the smoke/dust that Sonic creates when he walks.

Nice Sonic, by the way.

@P3DRO: to answer the two things im going to do it here XDD, well yeah for a genesis style it has too many colors but if you look the original CGI rendered Sonic 4 Tileset, it has way more colors than my tiles, it has like 3, 4 colors used from the Sonic 4 original tilesets, i know the genesis palette is more limited than that, but since is a PC game and PC games doesnt has pallet limitations i wanted to give a more exact look at the sprites, if not it couldn't look as Splash Hill are.

And yeah, looks like Icebergs, i wanted to do the reflection on the sea of the mountains, but yeah seems way too bright and looks like icebergs, i will try to fix that, now the ocean issue, yeah is too dark, i kinda looked at Apotos landscape with the bright sky and dark blue ocean all around apotos, but kinda make it too darkish, maybe i can fix that easly thanks for the tip, also the loop is that way because is kinda like a ruined shrine, so i mixed with bricks and stones with dirt parts to give the sensation of being like a ruin, but the BG and some tiles and stuff are WIP for now, those are that way only to show the engine and stuff and not having a black colored level with a grey/green/black background.

@P3DRO: to answer the two things im going to do it here XDD, well yeah for a genesis style it has too many colors but if you look the original CGI rendered Sonic 4 Tileset, it has way more colors than my tiles, it has like 3, 4 colors used from the Sonic 4 original tilesets, i know the genesis palette is more limited than that, but since is a PC game and PC games doesnt has pallet limitations i wanted to give a more exact look at the sprites, if not it couldn't look as Splash Hill are.
That's not very authentic then.

I have a few thoughts. First the background needs something besides water. Second why didn't you use the shape from the foreground to make the loop? Third the foreground should have more varied pieces. With that stuff in mind I made this.

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5170721/LH.png[/qimg]

You go, girl. It's funny how simple details makes all the difference. Now it looks epic :3

Oh wow, that's groovy. =D It's fascinating how something as simple as a line of bushes can add so much more depth to the background. Now the middle ground just needs to be filled in between the bushes and the islands in the far distance. Perhaps more islands, but a lot closer?

vuvurobo.png

VROOOUUUMMMBZZZZZZUUUUUMMMMM

Those sound waves don't hurt Sonic, but they do throw him around like dashpads.

Things to do:

-Find a vuvuzela sound effect to use and draw a turning around animation for the badnik.

-Try to fix the bugs that appear when more than a single one of these badniks are on the level.

-For some reason, Sonic won't get points for destroying one of these robots with a rolling attack, even though those events are copied/edited from the Crabmeat badnik and there is no mistake in the code. o_o

A word of advice: Don't use jpgs for things like this, it's a terrible format for anything other than photos.

Otherwise, though, looking good!

i know, that's why this is only a preview, the original is a PNG file, i do JPG pics just in case somebody got this file and used in their game, not that im saying that somebody are going to steal it, but just in case...