A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Totally up to you it was just a suggestion based on what Sparks said about the blocks. He's a smart guy. I think the colors kinda look GHZish that and given the fact that you are using the GHZ grass be careful it doesn't look too much like GHZ if you are trying to design a marble zone. Its not that green is a bad color to use I just didn't like your green. Here are some more colors for whatever reason.

more%20bri%20tiles.png

I agree with Sparks; I like Overbound's fourth block palette. It feels more organic while still being vivid. I picture the cool green blocks being moss-colored, which would be appropriate for the ruins setup that Bri is going for with the ancient green zone. Might I add, it's also quite unique for a checkerboard pattern.

Also, glad to see my custom HUD is being put to good use. :)

woo, my account was finally approved, after ~15 days :V

Not to abuse SFGHQ as just my "advertising center", but as I'm not exactly accustomed to the community yet, I'll just be starting in here. I have a 3D fangame I've been developing in Blender for the Blender Game Engine, as I've titled Sonic Ambience. I don't want to start a topic until I have enough content to justify a full on releasable demo, but I'm always up for criticisms and suggestions if I'm ever on the wrong track with anything.

Here's a couple screenshots showing what's actually been developed. Sorry, not really that much to show; much more time and work has been put into the aesthetics and programming than developing the level itself.

screeny14.th.jpg screeny15.th.jpg

The large, boring walls (not so much visible in these screenshots, but they surround everything) will be made more interesting as I get to them; they'll have various objects/changes that'll make them less monotonous-looking and uninteresting. This means, for example, pathways within the walls, plants along the outside wall, things Eggman tacked on just because, and so on. I almost want to get working on that immediately, rather than work on adding surreal-style flowers all over the place..

Because Rael has a life now and none of the other admins bother to approve new Members

*runs* :U

I know; after 2 messages sent through the "Contact Us" button on the forums, an email sent to Rael (while he was still away), adding both Rael and another admin to MSN and a PM sent to Slingerland at Sonic Retro, I finally got ahold of an admin (Rael himself) via MSN today, which is why I'm here. =P

The large, boring walls (not so much visible in these screenshots, but they surround everything) will be made more interesting as I get to them; they'll have various objects/changes that'll make them less monotonous-looking and uninteresting. This means, for example, pathways within the walls, plants along the outside wall, things Eggman tacked on just because, and so on. I almost want to get working on that immediately, rather than work on adding surreal-style flowers all over the place..

Using any of the "Yo, Frankie!" assets? If not, that'd help give you something to use until you can create your own textures and models.

On the off-chance you aren't aware:

http://www.yofrankie.org/

http://projects.blender.org/projects/yofrankie/

Your screenshots look great and don't be afraid to make a topic we need em just give the info you've got an update it when you can I'd say.

On the approved account thing, I didn't even know accounts needed approved. I find it odd that it took so long its not as if Brad and Rael are the only admins, DW is one, Ila is. Isn't Scatta too? Who knows though they aren't listed anywhere. Maybe only some have the power of approval or something. Anyway glad you are here and I hope you stay. ^_^

Using any of the "Yo, Frankie!" assets? If not, that'd help give you something to use until you can create your own textures and models.

I am using some textures from it, like the grass. Initially, though, it's what inspired me to implement GLSL shading, whereas previously everything looked like this. I don't want to depend on using resources from elsewhere too much, though, as that can encourage laziness on my part.

Your screenshots look great and don't be afraid to make a topic we need em just give the info you've got an update it when you can I'd say.

Hmm, I just didn't want to post one before I had a decent amount of content to show first, as right now the most there is is about 45-60 seconds of gameplay, and just one pathway to play it on; it's not even very explorable yet, and having explorable levels is one of my goals.

On the approved account thing, I didn't even know accounts needed approved. I find it odd that it took so long its not as if Brad and Rael are the only admins, DW is one, Ila is. Isn't Scatta too? Who knows though they aren't listed anywhere.

..?

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showgroups.php

On the approved account thing, I didn't even know accounts needed approved. I find it odd that it took so long its not as if Brad and Rael are the only admins, DW is one, Ila is. Isn't Scatta too? Who knows though they aren't listed anywhere. Maybe only some have the power of approval or something. Anyway glad you are here and I hope you stay. ^_^

I'm only a mod. I'm not awesome enough to get those emails. :P