A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Shinbs Sprites Sanic's Sometimes

Shinbaloonba

I thought you knew how I feel about sheeting by now,besides I'm not even sure what kinda poses a character like that would even have.

omegamaria.png

Made Omega and Emerl today,and also posting Maria,whom I fnished right after Madonna but never posted it.

Omega needs some major reshading,so some c+c would helps a lot,as I'm kinda lost really.

I'll dump my sprites in three line ups,Classic,Modern and Comics/Other characters,there are plenty of stuff I haven't shown yet.I should post that soon.

As promised:

2013compilation.png

White Outline - Way outdated sprites that need to be completely remade.

Red Outline - Wips,sprites that I'm either still working on,or that I don't consider finalized.

Yellow Outline - Sprites that even though are "finished",I'm not quite happy with their quality,so they might still be minor or majorly revamped.

Jesus Shinbs, you've been busy while I've been stuck in college and work! ;_;

I really should try and get back into spriting... PM me if you need and critique or advice sometime, even though it doesn't look like you need a whole lot. xD

The chest fluffs on the 2 Shadows make me nostalgic - they look like the ones the team was debating on using back in the day when the project went under the big revamp.

Madonna's /left/ arm bugs me, it looks like her elbow is stick forward away from her body, which makes it looks like her arm is stuck on backwards. I also think her high hips could be lowered some by just 1 or 2 pixels.

Dat headless Bark though... xD

Thanks guys,I doubt I'll ever sheet that Rock though.

@Libi:

Haha,the fur on the classic one is straight from the current ModGen Shadow,the other one..I'm not sure,I thought I made that from scratch,but I might be wrong.

Madona does need some fixes,like her arms looking like Squidward's,so i'll get back to her eventually.

Likewise,feel free to PM me about stuff when you get back to spriting too.

-----------------------

skypatrol.png

I'm redesigning the characters from Tails' Skypatrol.

The ones on the upper row are the originals.

zeena.png

I originally made her on the very day the first teaser trailer was unveiled,about time I revamped her.

deepsy.png

And making this guy's sprite less shit,still wip,not even sure why I uploaded this one already...

• 4 weeks later...

sprite3_strip8.png
mightywalk.gif
Made this last night,and I'll hopefully have a complete sheet of this guy done soon enough.
Mainly the basic gameplay poses,walking,running,jumping,hurt,etc.Nothing too fancy,but not a single pose will be edited off of Sonic,I want Mighty to be his own character rather than just Sonic in a wig,speaking of which..
maito.png
I made this after finishing the  running animation.
A is the original,C has a longer,differently shaped snout and sharper eyes,B is an inbetween,with the edited snout but keeping the original eyes.
I personally want to keep C,as it's the most original,but I'm offering B incase you guys think C is weird.I'm definitely not keeping A though.

Thanks Pedrobear,I have plans for the D6,but I got a shitload of things I want to do really,so they're not a priority right now.They ight show up eventually.

@Techokami:

Do you actually need need that Eggman,or do you just "need" it?He wasn't on my current plans,but I might work on it a little if it's for an actual project.

Here's my (outdated) classic Eggy sheet in the meantime:

classieggsheet.png

----------------
Decided to stick with C,here's the sheet so far:
mighty2013show.png
And the full speed running animation,based on the SegaSonic Arcade,his debut game:
mightyrun.gif

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The current Mo.Gen Eggman is an edit of mine,I remember Ninja gave him some poses before the forums got nuked.

I'll sheet mine eventually,but it's really not a priority right now.

---------------------

Christmas vacation made me stop working on Mighty,so no updates on him.
Tried to do a simple experiment spriting humans though,and who's better to try that out than one of my all time favorite guys?
terry.png
Expect some more SNK characters if I get good c+c on this.

• Like 2

The current Mo.Gen Eggman is an edit of mine,I remember Ninja gave him some poses before the forums got nuked.

I'll sheet mine eventually,but it's really not a priority right now.

Well, I did some digging and managed to find a very rough, but workable, version of the new Mod.Gen Eggman. Guess I'll have to make do :/

That running annimation of Mighty is adorable. Altough I don't really like how flat the feet look when they reach his butt.

But still, adorable. I'd love to see a Sonic running animation also based on SegaSonic.

Tried to do a simple experiment spriting humans though,and who's better to try that out than one of my all time favorite guys?

terry.png

Expect some more SNK characters if I get good c+c on this.

Who dat? Naw, I'm just kiddin'! I love that character! SNK was one of my favorites back when I was little!

Edited by MetalSonic30

Damn,I was about to power dunk the shit outta you if you were serious.

I never realized this character was getting obscure until some bitchass punk on another forum thought my sprite was Red from pokemon,that's kinda heartbreaking...

@Pedro:

I fixed his feet on that pose.

But I made those poses for Mighty for the sake of making him different from Sonic,so giving them to Sonic too kinda beats the purppose.

-------------

runningwild.png
Haven't sprited anything since the last post,I was gonna make more characters,but just made this today for fun,have some more Terry love.
Words cannot describe how much I'm attached to this guy.

• Like 1

Damn,I was about to power dunk the shit outta you if you were serious.

I never realized this character was getting obscure until some bitchass punk on another forum thought my sprite was Red from pokemon,that's kinda heartbreaking...

@Pedro:

I fixed his feet on that pose.

But I made those poses for Mighty for the sake of making him different from Sonic,so giving them to Sonic too kinda beats the purppose.

-------------

runningwild.png

Haven't sprited anything since the last post,I was gonna make more characters,but just made this today for fun,have some more Terry love.

Words cannot describe how much I'm attached to this guy.

The first thing that came to me upon seeing this; Red is on steroids.

Anyway, can you do Beetle Kirby to celebrate the JP release of Triple Deluxe, please? :3

I need some Mod.Gen Kirby in my life.

I believe Mod Gen Kirby had it's own topic on the old forums, but we were more focused on important, main series characters at that time. ie: sonic, tails, knux, amy, shadow, and eggy

I might be wrong though, although I faintly remember a Mod Gen Kirby existing at one point in time.

edit: I believe Perigi was the one leading the charge on that sheet.

Edited by LiBiYKWIM

It was on MFS,not MFZ,and yeah,Perigi was the one responsible,I remember he made many different versions of Kirby.

MFZ is down,MFS is still up but with all it's contents nuked by Helix for the most retarded reason possible,you can thank him later.

Fuck Kirby though,I ain't spriting that pink ball shit.

Since this is already derailed a bit,Alex,what's up with the sprites on your avy?I've been curious for a while now.

I was asking because it's clearly an edit of my sprite,so it got me wondering how they looked like,I assume it's Hobber's work too.

I also forgot this isn't the best place to ask though,but I'm pretty sure I know what they're for.

-------

I tried spriting Ryo,but I just can't get his head right,so I did something completely unrelated,I never posted any of my original characters here,so I might aswell:
sunstar.png
It's a revisting of an old design of mine,it was originally a redesign of a popular character,but I made it into it's own thing now.I don't think anyone here knows the source though.
I went really random with this redesign,what the hell is this supposed to be?I don't know,looks like some kind of lady of war,a goddess/deity maybe?I'm calling her "Sunstar" for now,seems fitting.

MFZ is down

I was staff and I had no idea what the hell was going on. Claimed it was beta testing, though the forums were working fine. Though the decision to allow for integration with Facebook was met with anger and hatred from the webmaster (not Kajin) and kept trying to actively rip the forumware apart because that feature even existed. Then Kajin got married and fell off the internet, and all the staff just seemed to disappear from my IM contact lists.

I don't know what else to say about the death of the forums, other than that I'm sorry it even happened :(