A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Shinbs Sprites Sanic's Sometimes

Shinbaloonba

I honestly didn't even remember you were staff on that MFZ incarnation.I believe Syn was still working on redesigning the forum or something,last I've heard of him,but I don't think this topic is really the best place to talk about it,or if talking about MFZ is even worth it at all.It's been down for pretty long now.

I appreciate the clarification though,thanks.

----------

C+P:

sunstarr.png

As you can see,the crazy spiky head is just an extravagant helmet,which comes off to reveal an...Egyptian,Amazon,Inca,looking lady with a Geisha makeup?Eh,told you it was random,but I kinda like it.

-------------

As for the source character,it isn't recognizable at all unless you remember my original sprite from a few years back:

cellstar.png

It's based on a Cell redesign from my DBZ alternate universe,back from 2010,IIRC.People were all over it back when I made it,so I thought it'd be cool to revisit the design.
The only influence from the real DBZ Cell that's still in Sunstar's design is the white face and purple markings,otherwise,there aren't many relations.

Edited by Shinbaloonba

I think I actually sprited something like that once,as a flat colored 8bit sprite,but I can't seem to find it.

------
I'll go back and fix that guy's hair later,for now:
newsallysne.png
New Sally,again,my older versions can be found on DA or earlier in this topic.
The pink palette is just an alt based on her design from the Satam pilot.

The hair is based on 256's cover,but it seems a little off now that I look at it...Sally is kinda a tricky character to get right..

• 2 weeks later...

Some friends asked me if I was gonna sprite the Sonic Boomdage redesigns.

I was gonna say I didn't want to sprite the Sonic BDSM redesigns yet,but then I opened paint and made this up:
bdsm.png
It was VERY rushed,just wanted to "test" the design in sprite form.
I don't understand the bandage bondage,doesn't make sense,doesn't look good,all it does is clutter the design which also make it a pain to sprite,I just don't get it.Otherwise I'm actually fine with the redesign,I can get over the lankyness (even if it's pretty awkward in motion),and the blue arms (WHY?),but the bandages just..WRAP me.

I also just noticed I forgot the scarf,I really did rush it,will make a better Sanic when I make the rest of the gang.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this idea to make a "90's Arcade Hero" character for quite some time now,then some anon on 4chan story timed a comic called "Burn the Orphanage - Born to Lose" ,it's pretty much a beat 'em up game in a comic format,look it up,it's pretty cool.
So that comic gave me the inspiration I needed to actually do the thing.

hawksheet.png

I think all I need is to finish the unfinished poses,add some kicks,some specials,and that's pretty much it for this guy,it's a big enough sheet for a character that wasn't even meant to be sheeted.
Feel free to suggest poses though.

0adsadsdsaadsajhjhjh.png

Here are his partners,the chick is more 80's based,the kid at the bottom is the son of the 90's guy and 80's chick.The orange guy is an adult in the present timeline,hard to explain since you guys here aren't really familiar with my characters,so eh.

• 4 weeks later...