A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Salom Adventure V2 - Released!

7u26.jpg

-DOWNLOAD LINK-[v2.0.5][.zip][102.27MB]

Trailer Link:

http://youtu.be/bvEIR1Na60o

-DEMO 2.0 CREDITS-

Creator & Programmer - Nefault1st

Artwork & Gimmick Sprites - Nefault1st (Kainoso) & LyokoBlight (ShadeTheHedgehog77)

*including original backgrounds and sprites from official Sonic games by SEGA®

Platforms & Backgrounds - Jotex (Jotex257)

Music Composed - Nefault1st (nekkosu) & PerfectChaos345 (perfectchaosmusic)

*including 2 contributed tracks from Faseeh (gottagofas) & dac2009

Lead Debuggers - TruePowerofTeamwork & Lightdasher360

Update Debuggers - TruePowerofTeamwork & Infinity_Alex

Trailer Music: Arcade Set #3 (Salom Adventure OST) by PerfectChaos

Special thanks to icuurd12b42(from the Game Maker Community) for providing me the best possible help!

Also a special thanks to Mykle Hunter(SonicsChannel) for hosting my trailer!

And a very special thanks to my subscribers on YouTube and watchers on Deviantart!

Update 2.0.1 [7/26/13]

- All levels have been modified to be easily beatable

- Slightly earlier warnings (only slightly due to placements)

- Warning icons placed in the center of the screen

- Improved water surfing effect in the Surfing Challenge

- Speed sneakers gives the player the ability to run into enemies without damage

- Snowball Badnik does not change appearance when attacked

Update 2.0.2 [7/28/13]

-Few changes in NeoFalls Zone and Radical Highway RemixZone

-Testzones are now accessible through HUB world

Update 2.0.3 [7/30/13] >>Final Update

-Spawning under the floor in HUB Town is resolved

-Kill spawn glitch in HUB Buildings is resolved

-Special ramps are now re-accessible (regaining points and energy orbs are disabled)

-Koala Villagers do not disappear on screen

-Enemies don't duplicate when attacked by Chaos Spear

-Music and Sfx are now irreplaceable (removed or replaced files will result in program termination)

-Encryption on music, saved game data, and .exe file itself

Update 2.0.5 [11/25/13] >>SAGE Update

-Finishes load time almost immediate

-Error message in Grinding Challenge removed

-Better handling on all players

-Real-time event ramp slowed down

-Pressing the A key to skip result screen total up doesn't unlock items

-Colliding with narrow areas in Grinding Challenge no longer kills player, but bounces them back

-S key is now used as back button

-X-ing out the game is no longer disabled

-All levels have been modified (again)

-Fighter Jet Mini-boss shows life meter

*Before reporting any errors you've found, please make sure your copy is up-to-date.

Complete Salom Adventure Demo 2.0 Guide

Where are the Leaf Tokens? How do the Chao work? How does one unlock a certain Gift Shop item? How do I access TestZones and Challenges? Click the link above to find out!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the post! I'm glad you like it!

The whole modern style of the game was carefully worked on, and as you might notice, it contains a lot of elements similar to the official games that most modern fan-game creators seem to overlook.

-edit-

Sorry I just realized on the front page it hid the word "trailer" in the title. xD

I love this already, this is the first I've heard of it. I really like all the extras you've got in there too, it adds a lot more replayability to even a demo. I only have one complaint; the release date is a week away. I've no idea how I can wait that long. I'm really looking forward to exploring everything and getting those chao, especially the Shadow chao.

@Infinity_Alex

Thanks it'll be loads of fun! As for the release date, it was actually planned to be a little later than that xD

It'll be worth the wait though I guarantee :P

@SuperBliz

Thanks mate I'm really glad that you like the whole design!

I have special plans for Radical Highway, I think you'll really enjoy it!

Wow, I'm absolutely blown away by the trailer. I wasn't aware of just how much game this game had and I'm pretty psyched to play it.

One thing I especially liked was how you used some of the gameplay mechanics from the official games and twisted them into something that works differently. Like the "trick" ramp for example, what I thought you did there was very clever and intuitive and added skill and timing to the gameplay and level design where otherwise it would be button mashing. Can't wait to feature this on my lets play channel when I get the chance to play it.

Wait what, thats not how time zones work. If you lived in Australia or japan then yeah you'd get it either a day before or after (I forget which). Not sure why it matters though considering its the internet and you'll get it at the same time as everyone else.

Basically, it works like this:

The whole of the FTB team I at least six hours behind me, meaning today is Wednesday for them at certain periods of time, whereas it's Thursday for me.

So basically, if the release date is American, I technically get it an indefinite amount of time later. By indefinite I mean we can't really say when, as I don't know what time zone Nefault is following if he is in America...

Complicated shit, I know.

EDIT: I've actually been counting down the days for this. Looking forward to playing it tomorrow.

Can't promise anything but it'll most likely be released today, yes I've had programming issues (having it tested atm) and IRL issues to deal with causing me to work on this thing for only 2 hours a day so I'm working as fast as I can. Twodayswithoutsleepneedmorecoffeenow.

I believe most people will find SunWoods to be the best designed.

And Radical Highway RemixZone to be the most epic:

Helicopter and rocket riding, scripted enemy jets chase, scripted enemy jets chase while riding a helicopter, and mini-boss battle with giant Jet.

And yes Salom and Vermin are from the Sol Dimension as counterparts.