A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Minecraft Multiplayer - Anyone interested?

ila

EDIT:

server IP - 24.96.125.235 (last updated April 10, 2013)

DW has set up a Tekkit server and anyone can play. The server address changes occasionally, so you may need to check the thread if you aren't able to reach it from what is posted here.

In order to use the server, you need to download the Technic client here:

http://www.technicpack.net/download/

and select the Tekkit mod from the primary mod list on the top left.

The preferred texture pack for DW's Tekkit server can be downloaded here:

http://www.dimensionwarped.sonicfangameshq.com/minecraft/downloads/Sphax%20PureBDCraft%20%2064x.zip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone still play Minecraft? I've recently jumped back into the game and I'm amazed with how much stuff had been added since the old days, particularly the whole part about slaying a dragon and what not. There's also the enchanting and stuff. Point is, if it was available, would anyone be up for a new SFGHQ Minecraft server? Multiplayer is pretty much stable now so we shouldn't have to worry about new patches breaking everything like before.

Some pictures to jog your memory of past awesome:

2yo62s4.jpg

minecraft13.png

ilaplex1.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEneMAfGdqQ&list=UUv05s55Um0ERx_QMejXd5BA&index=6&feature=plcp

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minecraft + Sonic Forum

Ohhh shit, son, watch out for all of those Sonic pixel-arts. That was probably my biggest issue with Smidge' server in the past.

But if you guys would like to take it serious and separating Sonic from Minecraft and doing stuff like developing cities, factions, etctera... I would totally be up to.

minecraft13.png

Oooooh yeah.

I've actually been on a huge Minecraft binge lately on a multiplayer server run by some people who know an old coworker.

I'd be down for a new SFGHQ server, although I'm not sure if we should allow free stuff as readily as before or not. In some ways it's kinda awesome, but in other ways.... ehhh

That said, some stuff being free wouldn't bug me. Rails, diamonds, basically all the stuff that you need a shitload of that is a pain in the ass to get.

EDIT: I think we should consider some mods though. Yeah, keeping them up to date is a pain in the ass, but some of them are pretty awesome. Also a decent server preferred texture pack. I think they can even be pushed out from the server to the client now with stuff like Optifine.

If you guys set up the ComputerCraft SMP mod, I'd most likely join the band wagon too. I installed it on a server I set up a few months back and it worked very nicely, especially when I started an FTP server so the other players could edit their LUA scripts in their favorite text editors. Nothing like going on a coding frenzy after mining/building for awhile. It's especially good when combined with RedPower 2 (extra world materials, colored circuits, machinery, etc), but it's a bit more complicated to get working in SMP.

I'll use whatever texture pack i damn well please!!!

Well yeah, using server pushed texture packs is an option that you set within Optifine. It's not like anyone is holding a gun to your head, it would just mean the server would have a unified look that people can expect others to have.

Why don't we just make a Tekkit server: I'm really enjoying that mod pack and I'd love to play on that over a simple vanilla server.

If we do, I call monopoly on ICPower supply (aka, I get to set up IndustrialCraft Power Station).

Looks pretty awesome. I'd be with it. It even has that computer mod Lark was talking about which would be hella sweet.

Looks pretty awesome. I'd be with it. It even has that computer mod Lark was talking about which would be hella sweet.

And RedPower 2 iirc. Though I'm thinking, if it is Tekkit we choose, we should set up individual lands so people don't start building quarries over other people's houses :L

I'm all for whatever mods as long as they don't interfere with any of Minecraft's existing tech (for example, enchanting.)

And P3DO, in case you forget, this is a sonic forum. So what if there's a bunch of pixel art and a giant cotton Tails? You're more than welcome to go play elsewhere if that's a problem for you.

I was thinking of the Technic Pack as I wrote my post but couldn't remember the name. I add my vote for its usage too; wouldn't even care about anything else.

If we do, I call monopoly on ICPower supply (aka, I get to set up IndustrialCraft Power Station).

I combat your monopoly with solar panels thank you very much.

I'm all for whatever mods as long as they don't interfere with any of Minecraft's existing tech (for example, enchanting.)

And P3DO, in case you forget, this is a sonic forum. So what if there's a bunch of pixel art and a giant cotton Tails? You're more than welcome to go play elsewhere if that's a problem for you.

I'mma try and figure out how to make an actual running sprite with pistons.

It seems like most of us are on the level with Tekkit, so we should figure out how to get this thing going. I know Smidge has run a Minecraft server before, but I'm not sure how up he is for dealing with it plus mods. I'll ask him sometime soon. If not, I don't really know what to do. I don't think I can personally host it since I lack an appropriate connection for this sort of stuff.