A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Minecraft Multiplayer - Anyone interested?

ila

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question for you. I'd like to try an experiment with a group of people. As we already have such a group here, I'd like to make one of two maps: either Wing Fortress Zone or the Angel Island completely, and restrict those involved to that. Before we perform such an experiment, I'll need to build one of the maps in SP Tekkit, so which would you like to be confined to?

I was planning on doing it all myself. Perhaps over the ocean, and with the items I have it would be a simple matter to make the floating island. It's more a case of if people would be interested in doing the experiment without hoping off the island at all.

Actually, I might make it anyway, even without the experiment :L

It's near the entrance to the server. If you look around the netherportal at the community storage center, you should find the entryway.

If you are going to make something, it should be done with redpower corner slabs. Make sure there are two and a half blocks between the start of your sculpture and the wall.

Hey Instrutilus, the computer is crafted. Just let me know where and when you want it installed and I'll put it together for you. You're going to need a space about 8 blocks deep for the RAM...

EDIT: May I make a little proposal?

Tekkit is lagging behind on ComputerCraft. 1.41 (which is for Minecraft 1.2.5) is out, yet Tekkit is 1.33. The update adds some cool things and bug fixes.

Maybe we can manually update this mod? All you'd have to do is download this and extract the contents into the mod's folder in Tekkit (generally, C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\tekkit\mods\ComputerCraft\), and all DW would have to do is download this and install it over the existing ComputerCraft mod on the server.

I tested a maunal update in Tekkit and everything worked perfectly.

Good idea Y/N?

Minecraft server is down for today until I can figure out what was going on with frequent "slotChanging(X)" events with the X frequently being 0 (I think this means the number of player slots is being reduced to zero...) which were occuring every few seconds while players were both on and off and persisted through a server restart.

Did anyone do something yesterday which would have bugged up the server?

I was building automated crafting machines as recently as this morning but I've been building those in one form or another for nearly two weeks. I can't imagine anything I've done has caused an issue but it might be worth looking into. I'll send you a PM with something to try once I do a little research...

=Smidge=

Is the error a recent thing, or something that actively harms the operation of the server?

I found this which indicates it's just some console spamming / debug code. If that's the case it probably IS my fault but it doesn't look game-breaking - just stupid and annoying.

Problem here:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/faq-common-problems-solutions.18966/

Fix here:

http://www.technicpack.net/forums/threads/upgraded-to-3-1-2-now-lots-of-console-spam-fix-inside.18092/

=Smidge=

Assuming the vending machine will properly vend the disks, you can now buy Minecraft MS-BASIC V1.0.120602 disks from the Techokami Labs Outlet Store for the RPC8/e computer system.

System requirements: at least one 8K RAM module installed.

You can learn more about this version of BASIC at this page. Disks formatted in BASIC can't be read by FORTH, and vice versa.

If you need a RPC8/e system, they can be crafted on order. Just talk with me on the server and I'll get you a system put together.

so i haven't been able to log in lately and i came in and see a cow my in animal pen (!?) and chest sitting in the middle of my kitchen with some red armor and white quantum armor and a recharge thingy what is happening

You got gifted, son

Meanwhile, what the fuck happened to my nuclear reactor overnight?! I had to make one due to Instru's power plant being too far away from my base, took me a shitload of resources and time (and one near-fatal screwup that ended up being just a major setback than nuclear devastation) and I come on today after work to find the reactor chamber that connected to the HV Transformer and the thermal monitor that was on it GONE, along with 6 uranium cells.

Anyone care to explain?

Smidge, what the hell did you do this time? About an hour and 40 minutes after you logged on today, this message started flooding the console approximately every 2.5 seconds until about 12 minutes before you logged off:

[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

I think this message is typically caused by too much activity (usually due to the server being overloaded with players) and not enough CPU cycles, but I'm guessing this probably involved one of your experiments.