A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Minecraft Multiplayer - Anyone interested?

ila

Right, let's get Instrutilus Industries back and get a bloody factory up =P

EDIT: It would appear I'm having troubles with the TekkitLite Program. The Technic Launcher opens up a new window, but doesn't shut itself, and the new window remains white after the "Hello" window has come and gone...any help?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's EE, it's just the new EE which cuts out a lot of the bullshit.

What little there is of EE is still in beta for the rewrite, and most of that is completely nonfunctional. No energy condensers/collectors, no rings, no armor, no talisman of repair, no amulets, no philosopher's stone (it exists but can't be crafted). For all intent and purpose it there is no EE.

That is not a complaint, though energy condensers were quite useful for dealing with quarry runoff...

=Smidge=

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If this is still up, may I ask about starting up a new server, instead using the Feed the Beast modpack? It is basically the Technic Pack in Tekkit form, and we can even set up interdimensional homes through Mystcraft. If not, when I get free time again I'll be able to rejoin the server since I got Tekkit Lite to work.

Well, either way I've been developing cheaper, easier infinite power plants while I couldn't get on, so I'll be able to supply the world with infinite energy constantly once again, once I get back on :L

And now it'll take up more room, for those disappointed with the original's hidden away size :L (and I'll be able to do it around the world, and guide those who wanna stay hidden on how to connect themselves manually, so everyone can join in =P)

I am, however, running into an issue. For some reason Deployers won't use buckets properly...anyone got any idea on that one? Otherwise, I'll work around it or something...

We are currently looking into adding mods to a base of TekkitLite, but starting a new world at this point is probably out. As for what we are looking into I have a list and I wouldn't be against throwing in some from FTB if you want any in particular. Forestry and Extra Biomes would probably be worthwhile.

Stuff we are looking at adding to the modpack:

computercraft 1.5 + addons

bibliocraft

mo creatures

railcraft

farmcraftory + chefcraftory

smart moving

Ropes+

might be worthwhile

-------------------

LegendGear

dungeon mobs

So long as I have Redpower and Buildcraft, I'm good. Otherwise, why not just make a "SFGHQ Modpack" in the Technic Launcher Custom Packs and spread it around, so that it saves some of us time locating, downloading and installing these mods? Plus, lets you add and remove whatever you please :L

But otherwise, if a new server's out of the question, I'll try and be on this weekend to re-establish my monopoly on Power =P

Is there a new server IP I can have, or...what, same as the old one?

• 1 month later...

So apparently, the old Technic launcher was discontinued, meaning to stay recent, you need the new launcher.

In doing so I found out that Tekkit Lite has been drastically updated with a lot of changes. Electric Engines are gone (because of that debug thing I told DW about; not like you can't use the Power Converters to bridge between IC2/BC/RP2 power formats anyway!) but we got Dimensional Doors (pocket dimensions!) and Applied Energistics (crazy-ass data-based crafting and storage system) as well as updated ComputerCraft and Mystcraft.

So, maybe we should all update our installs?

Awesome! Now for the "fun" part: seeking Quartz ore to use Applied Energistics. I want to redo my storage setup to be smarter!

Also, FYI: Linking Books lost their attributes (following, etc) so you'll have to reapply them. Also the entire mechanics of writing an age have DRASTICALLY changed.

Quick primer on changes:

-You need ink. This is just a bottle of water plus two ink sacs. That goes into the top right slot of the writing bench GUI. One bottle gives you the ability to write twenty pages.

-Also in the writing bench GUI, you'll see a list of D'ni numbers starting from 0, with item slots. Put your Notebook on Slot 0.

-To make a Descriptive Book, you need to use a new block, the Book Binder. It's made from 3 iron ingots and 5 wooden planks. In the top left slot, add leather. In the big gray area in the middle, add paper. As little as 1 (won't work very well), as much as 128. Pull the book out, you got a fresh book.

-To copy a symbol from a Descriptive Book to a Notebook, make sure in the writing bench GUI you have paper in the top left slot. Put the Descriptive Book into another slot, and select it. Right click the symbol, and it will be written to a page, ready to be inserted into your Notebook. Symbols are now items and they do not stack.

-To add a symbol to your Notebook, either use it while holding it to move the pages into the book like it was an infinite chest, or drag them into the Notebook's symbol list in the writing table GUI.

-You cannot learn symbols by spamming ages anymore, and to learn what is in your ages you will have to explore rather than read the added symbols.

-You CAN find symbols in dungeon/mineshaft chests. There is also a new villager that trades symbols.

-Oh and your Notebooks are all empty. Back to square one!

• 2 weeks later...