A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Minecraft Multiplayer - Anyone interested?

ila

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone who can set up Tekkit fairly well, and I'm pretty good at permissions and configs and stuff, though if it's whitelisted we shouldn't really need any ranks...I'd hope. Wouldn't know where or how to host it though. I think most people run it off their laptops in their parents' basements.

I'd suggest that if we split ourselves apart, we should also have a centralized area where anyone can build/gather shared supplies/etc. It would also be nice to set up transportation routes, power lines, and even network paths between the lands.

As for hosting I can't help with that. When I set up a server previously it was for a small number of friends, so there was no problem with me turning on the server on-demand. I'm the kind that turns off all computers before sleeping every night. I don't have the most stable connection anyway to be honest.

So how IS this going to be organised this anyway? Are we going to stick to one city or shall we section off lands for people to do as they please? o3o

I usually prefer to just see people using the honor system. It's common sense that people don't want you building too close to what they consider theirs.

That said, this does mean we'd need to set up a server with a whitelist.

EDIT: I'm thinking about hosting the server myself, but I'm not sure if I even have a static IP address. Regardless, I'm testing stuff. Anyone interested in helping me test should contact me on AIM.

Yes. Don't worry, it's really quite painless.

1. Download the technik launcher

http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

2. Open the technik launcher and allow it to do any downloading and other stuff it does.

3. Select Tekkit from the mod selector at the top left.

4. Enter your login info and press start

From here everything is just like normal Minecraft... well, aside from it being slightly behind. I think it's based on 1.2.5 instead of 1.3.1

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww... Tekkit. Just ruined the experience for me, good luck on the server. I'm out.

I'm a Vanilla kind of guy, sorry... Minecraft Mods are lame. If you really want to include something useful, include some protection plugins like Lockette or so.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww... Tekkit. Just ruined the experience for me, good luck on the server. I'm out.

I'm a Vanilla kind of guy, sorry... Minecraft Mods are lame. If you really want to include something useful, include some protection plugins like Lockette or so.

Tekkit is dumb yeah, but you don't have to do tekkit stuff. You'd really only be installing Tekkit so you can go on the server.

I have tekkit installed, so I'm game for some craftin' when you guys have the server up.

Also, from what it looks like, the Technic launcher installs a separate copy of Minecraft, downgrades it to 1.2.5, and applies the mod to it.

Yeah, the reason why Tekkit uses an outdated version of Minecraft is because certain mods aren't compatible with 1.3.1. Hopefully the mods for Tekkit will update soon...