A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Boost Sprite...

Cleberson

Well, I was looking for a sprite of Boost like the Sonic Generations but not meeting anywhere, I find no rip, I do not think nothing!.

If anyone here has the sprite of boost similar to that used in Sonic generations, please send it to me, I swear I'll give credits!. It may be a sprite or a rip of the game.

Thx (:

ITT begging and choosing simultaneous to an inadequate description of desires.

You should really be more specific about how you want the appearance. Just saying "like this" while showing a 3D view of something that would be literally impossible to create in low-res 2D without significant changes is woefully inadequate.

ITT begging and choosing simultaneous to an inadequate description of desires.

You should really be more specific about how you want the appearance. Just saying "like this" while showing a 3D view of something that would be literally impossible to create in low-res 2D without significant changes is woefully inadequate.

I understand Dimension Winnie, but need not be exactly equal to the sprite of boost of the Sonic Generations, just have to be a bit like him (is only: he is in 2D), or something to 'he is like Generations!'

I suppose you could try layering sprites to create the effect. So, you'd have one sprite be the curve in front of Sonic, then you'd keep drawing semi-transparent rays coming from it and covering Sonic. If you worked at it, you could make it look like it was 'fading out' the farther it gets from the front.

It's a thought.

Well, I was looking for a sprite of Boost like the Sonic Generations but not meeting anywhere, I find no rip, I do not think nothing!.

If anyone here has the sprite of boost similar to that used in Sonic generations, please send it to me, I swear I'll give credits!. It may be a sprite or a rip of the game.

Thx (:

I'm sorry that this community is so elitist and stuck up that we're all collectively hiding the super secret button that magically creates 2D 'rips' out of 3D assets that utilize shaders and alpha mapping.

Oh my god guys

SHORT ANSWER: The boost effect you are looking for does not exist. Not officially anyway. Someone would have to create one similar.

A SOLUTION: Kindly ask someone to go (or go yourself) into photoshop and make one. It's not a very complicated effect to draw. Take two shades of blue, make a dome shape, spam the smudge tool over a black background, and utilize the Add ink effect in whatever program you're using, bam done.

Although i must admit, ive been meaning to do one for a long time now, but i dont have the tools necessary to make it look decent. (My graphic tablet shorted out.)

I would personally compose the effect out of more than one sprite, and then generate the particles as i needed them in the engine to make a sexier end result.

The Sonic Rush boost effect has always been quite ugly to me though. But it works because it's composed of more than one effect.

Oh my god guys

SHORT ANSWER: The boost effect you are looking for does not exist. Not officially anyway. Someone would have to create one similar.

A SOLUTION: Kindly ask someone to go (or go yourself) into photoshop and make one. It's not a very complicated effect to draw. Take two shades of blue, make a dome shape, spam the smudge tool over a black background, and utilize the Add ink effect in whatever program you're using, bam done.

Although i must admit, ive been meaning to do one for a long time now, but i dont have the tools necessary to make it look decent. (My graphic tablet shorted out.)

I would personally compose the effect out of more than one sprite, and then generate the particles as i needed them in the engine to make a sexier end result.

The Sonic Rush boost effect has always been quite ugly to me though. But it works because it's composed of more than one effect.

Awwww yeaaaa \o/ ..wait 1 minute. I DONT KNOW HOW USE PHOTOSHOP D: /Terrible

To use lense, you need to remember the same rule with how Additive works except this time black and white are the difference between the level of zoom per pixel it will have. For example, this image :

Lense%20Image.png

Will yield this result when the object has the "Lense effect" applied to it while going over any given image like so:

Result%20for%20Lense.png

Here is the example file for what I just explained if it helps

To use lense, you need to remember the same rule with how Additive works except this time black and white are the difference between the level of zoom per pixel it will have. For example, this image :

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5505419/Lense%20Image.png[/qimg]

Will yield this result when the object has the "Lense effect" applied to it while going over any given image like so:

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5505419/Result%20for%20Lense.png[/qimg]

Here is the example file for what I just explained if it helps

You're just awesome blazefirelp. :)