A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

There are hit and miss songs but not enough to drown myself underwater. I meant mainstream (Sonic 1-3K, adventure-type, 3d unleashed style games) though i should of clarified. Carnival Night was creepy as hell but it sure was oddly memorable. You can blame MJ for that. But what was one Sonic song that made you tear your hair out?

"but not enough to drown myself underwater"

Ha, you actually don't realize how much of a dick you act towards others work, please you're so picky and ott whiny in your reactions and how "depressed" you are over not liking a track, please don't post in this thread again. Shadow the Hedgehog is a mainstream sonic game (some sonic 06/Unleashed tracks suck too) and memorable doesn't = good, you're not a music expert no matter what college course you'll probably tell me you've taken, you're one of the big ass pimples of the sonic fanbase, just go away.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, you actually don't realize how much of an asshole you are, please you're the Aknotholeresident of Sonic music, so picky and ott whiny in your reactions and how "depressed" you are over not liking a single track, please don't post in this thread again. Memorable doesn't= good, you're not a music expert no matter what college course you'll probably tell me you've taken, you're one of the big ass pimples of the sonic fanbase, just go away.

...hey... what happened to the peace time?

Ha, you actually don't realize how much of a dick you act towards others work, please you're the Aknotholeresident of Sonic music, so picky and ott whiny in your reactions and how "depressed" you are over not liking a track, please don't post in this thread again. Memorable doesn't = good, you're not a music expert no matter what college course you'll probably tell me you've taken, you're one of the big ass pimples of the sonic fanbase, just go away.

lmao (I think Dramatization evaded your mind) I never said i was an music expert, I was just stating an opinion with a little humor. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to suit your tastes.

I agree. How dare you have an opinion that differs from mine, Hellstorm.

You bastard

Thanks for that blitz, i'm a sick one. I love to see you guys roll in pain. not really lol! Oh and please call me !!!!!, hellstorm was an old lurker name.

Sorry if anyone thinks I'm responding to him too much, I'm officially done talking with him now, even if he responds back no matter what it is, it's just more whining/douchey insults.

Because clearly he is the one being whiny even though you're the one insulting him for not liking the same music you like.

Oddly enough I don't think I saw him insult you once, actually.

Blitz that post was pointless, read my post just above yours I explained it has nothing to do with him not liking a track that I do, it's the way he's being insulting about it to the composers.

Hahahah even the admins are having their fun, screwing with my username and stuff. This forum has become hilarious when the trolls show their true colors.

!!!!!: I have no beef with the composers. Some of the music may have not been up to my taste and i'm very tolerable of most music flavors. I've enjoyed BTS' music completely even though it may not have always been Sonic-y. Do I not have the right to dislike a track or two just because it comes from a fan game or people close to home? Apparently I'm being told i'm in the wrong by Aizen and a troll who likes to abuse power.

On a subject actually related to the game,is it just me or does Lake have a thing for ice levels.

Horizon Heights' specil act is snowy, Redhot Ride's zone is apparently snowy/cold, and looking at the third trailer, Technology Tree's special act is also covered in snow.

Surely you can think up more level tropes than "snowy level number five," Lake.

**EDIT** I'm, uh, pretty sure the GigaDouche thing was meant as a joke. I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

Just saying.

"Do I not have the right to dislike a track or two" I just said yes you do, but "I've never felt so depressed and so willing to drown myself in boiling magma" is not how you speak to someone about their project/give constructive critisism, and you can say "lol I was just dramatising" all you like, fictional exaggerations to describe your opinion or not doesn't change that it was overly negative sounding instead of just saying "I don't like it, here's why, here's how you can improve it/improve in general for next time".

On a subject actually related to the game,is it just me or does Lake have a thing for ice levels.

Horizon Heights' specil act is snowy, Redhot Ride's zone is apparently snowy/cold, and looking at the third trailer, Technology Tree's special act is also covered in snow.

Surely you can think up more level tropes than "snowy level number five," Lake.

I always assumed that TTZ3 was the snowy zone. It fits with the celestial music.

**EDIT** I'm, uh, pretty sure the GigaDouche thing was meant as a joke. I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

Just saying.

I know but it was insulting for something so stupid. I won't cry over it. It just goes to show the guys at work's "professionalism".

"Do I not have the right to dislike a track or two" I just said yes you do, but "I've never felt so depressed and so willing to drown myself in boiling magma" is not how you speak to someone about their project/give constructive critisism, and you can say "lol I was just dramatising" all you like, but using fire related terms in your opinion or not doesn't change that it was overly negative sounding instead of just saying "I don't like it, here's why, here's how you can improve it/improve in general for next time".

You do not have the right to tell me how I give criticism. If you had a sense of humor, you could have just laughed it off. I described a few things I didnt like such as the synth and bass. I even gave an example of a "my opinion good" of a funky lava track if you wanted to ignore the stuff before. Stop being so uptight!

Guest Mr Lange

Lake works fast; he wants to minimize the wait for everyone as much as possible. That's a great thing. We came to Lake's project, he didn't beg us. We love working on this soundtrack, deadlines or not, and we've done a great job on it even if it's not flawless. If having a deadline is being a bully, we lovingly accept it. Even so, he's extended the deadline a lot, so none of that even applies.

RRZ's tracks are not that unfitting. The act 2 music really has a "making you sweat uncomfortably" feeling, having to press on through a tough as nails inferno area. It accomplishes that without being fast paced or loud like SA's Red Mountain music, so in that way it's very good. It has a vibe to it like the music from the first Rayman game, which had difficult, intense levels with somewhat surreal and relatively soft music.

RRZ's tracks are not that unfitting. The act 2 music really has a "making you sweat uncomfortably" feeling, having to press on through a tough as nails inferno area. It accomplishes that without being fast paced or loud like SA's Red Mountain music, so in that way it's very good. It has a vibe to it like the music from the first Rayman game, which had difficult, intense levels with somewhat surreal and relatively soft music.

Agreed. It's as fitting as Lava Reef or Marble Zone were. Just because one genre works wel doesn't mean it's the only genre that works. I had expected a grand, orchestral, loud as fuck track for Cyan City, and we ended up with some wort of chill samba music instead. It's all down to the musician's interpretation of the level.

Lake works fast; he wants to minimize the wait for everyone as much as possible. That's a great thing. We came to Lake's project, he didn't beg us. We love working on this soundtrack, deadlines or not, and we've done a great job on it even if it's not flawless. If having a deadline is being a bully, we lovingly accept it. Even so, he's extended the deadline a lot, so none of that even applies.

I respect Lake fully for his persistence & tolerance and the musicians for trying to put something amazing together.

The RRZ's music do work act 1 & 3 are really good songs, I think the weirdness of act 2 really ruins how aesthetically melodic and groovy 1 & 3 are. But that is merely my opinion.

-Congrats Lake for being able to do what most couldn't: swiftly pull out quality Sonic games.

-Congrats Falk for bringing a team together.

-Congrats Lange for composing some very memorable tunes especially Foliage Furnace.

-Congrats Ristar for your groovy guitar work.

-Congrats Funk Fiction for making "Freefall" and bringing the funk.

-Congrats Maxie for making the "music make me lose control" and those grand 16-bit YM tunes rearranged.

-Oh and Congrats KGZ for the digital nostalgic beats.

I respect Lake fully for his persistence & tolerance and the musicians for trying to put something amazing together.

The RRZ's music do work act 1 & 3 are really good songs, I think the weirdness of act 2 really ruins how aesthetically melodic and groovy 1 & 3 are. But that is merely my opinion.

-Congrats Lake for being able to do what most couldn't: swiftly pull out quality Sonic games.

-Congrats Falk for bringing a team together.

-Congrats Lange for composing some very memorable tunes especially Foliage Furnace.

-Congrats Ristar for your groovy guitar work.

-Congrats Funk Fiction for making "Freefall" and bringing the funk.

-Congrats Maxie for making the "music make me lose control" and those grand 16-bit YM tunes rearranged.

You forgot KgZ :[

Maybe it's because it's text and not speaking to you irl, but I'm getting nothing humorous from how you described what you think of the track, I understand and laugh when people use fictional terms like that all the time, if it's obvious they're joking, but you went over the top with it to the point where it was obvious you actually are pretty depressed about this track not being up to your standard, you went to far, sorry.

I'm sorry that your humor is limited.

You forgot KgZ :[

Yeah I facepalmed myself. My bad, KgZ I edited it for you.

Hey! I've followed this game's development since it started following Before the Sequel, and everything that I've seen so far is impressive and it all seems to be coming together now.

I do have one question: Is Breakfast Time going to be included in the game in some capacity? I like the new tracks for Sugar Splash Zone, but I absolutely love Breakfast Time. Thanks!

Oh, if you guys like snow levels, you'll just love Chrono Adventure.

Anyway, might be because i've never seen snow in my life or something or it's because it's easy to make good graphics for it.

@FLAMEWAR.

About putting pressure into people: it was falk's idea. =P

Also, this doesn't really aplies to maxie's RRZ, as far as i know, he has been working in those tracks for quite a while. The reason they are the way they are right now is probably the same why FFZ's boss sounds like something out of Metro Madness Zone which is basically because of this image.

ATSshape.png

It's the pacing falk wanted for the music in both BTS and ATS.

Oh and here is a quick list of the placeholder tracks i was using before:

FFZ Act 3: Splash canyon, Sonic Riders

FFZ's Boss:

RRZ Act 1: Hot Head Bop, Donkey Kong Country 2

RRZ Act 3:

Both the placeholders and the original tracks are fitting, they are just different.

EDIT: oh, there something i think should say: There's no such thing as "Sonic Music".

@Wombatwarlord777

Yes, Breakfast Time is in the main game.

You guys will see once the game is released

If you had a sense of humor, you could have just laughed it off.

Maybe it's because it's text and not speaking to you irl, but I'm getting nothing humorous from how you described what you think of the track, I understand and laugh when people use fictional descriptions like that all the time, if it's obvious they're joking around and aren't secretly bitter, but you went over the top with it, I mean you said it right after "Those horrid synths at 0:28, that uncomfortable synth bass..." and then you said "I've never heard a song from a mainstream Sonic game that sounded bad" implying you think this is practically the worst sonic track in the world. If you don't like the track, fine I don't care, but it's obvious from those quotes you actually were/are pretty ott depressed about this track not being up to your standard, which is a sad reaction imo, so how could I take the following description after that as "lol jokes" instead of an insult? You went too far, just as bad as that marcos guy, sorry.

EDIT: oh, there something i think should say: There's no such thing as "Sonic Music".

Subjective Lake, but I respect your opinion on the matter. BTW there's quite a bump upward musically in MMZ even though the bar in the image is kind of low.

Maybe it's because it's text and not speaking to you irl, but I'm getting nothing humorous from how you described what you think of the track, I understand and laugh when people use fictional descriptions like that all the time, if it's obvious that it's joking around and aren't secretly bitter, but you went over the top with it, I mean you said it right after "Those horrid synths at 0:28, that uncomfortable synth bass..." and then you said "I've never heard a song from a mainstream Sonic game that sounded bad" implying you think this is practically the worst sonic track in the world. If you don't like the track, fine I don't care, but it's obvious from those quotes you actually were/are pretty ott depressed about this track not being up to your standard, which is pathetically sad imo so how could I take the following description as "lol jokes"? instead of an insult. You went too far, just as bad as that marcos guy, sorry.

Whatever you wanna believe... this is the price for being honest. I already told you I have nothing against the sound team. Shame it's getting a bit depressing around here.

Next time Blitz, actually read my posts before you assume things about me when you take part.

Moving on, reposting things I said I hope to see in ATS earlier.

I hope act 3 of Storm Station is as long as a full act (loved how they did Death Egg act 1 on BTS but would just like to see a full act this time) and that there's more minibosses in some of the other zones like we saw in Cyan City.