A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This community is really considerate!

Eminence

Jesus, this message reeks of anger and bitterness more than anything.

Anyway, the reason we don't finish fangames often is because we strive for quality. We could easily make short fangames in a week or so, but let's be honest, they'd be terrible. If you look at the demos for fangames currently in development, and compare them to the older stuff, you will see that they don't hold up. I'd rather see one or two good games a year than 30 terrible ones.

Where can I find this aforementioned quality? The majority of what I've seen come out in the past couple years since Worlds was released are games that use the engine but replaced the sprites.

Sure, everyone's games now have 360-degree movement. But the love is all gone.

Aren't you banned for this yet?

To be quite frank, I think you're a jerk. All you've done in your tenure on these forums is harass me. I wouldn't be surprised if you took a cheap shot or two at me within this thread.

And to address the meat of your topic (which wasn't even your birthday, to boot), people have things called real life! Look at my signature. Do you remember that game? I was once more passionate about it than anything else, but over the years other things come up. Game development is nothing to scoff at. It takes a lot of time, energy, and dedication. For something that one does a hobby it's extremely demanding, so much so that most of us cannot possibly complete our games at the quality that we'd like them to be at. This was certainly the case for me, and I'm sure is the case for many others.

Either way, happy birthday. For your birthday, I shall give you a chill pill. Go relax.

Oh, I definitely remember ETCF. Loved the 'flame' effects on the ground and the motion blur you guys implemented. Rest assured, I've stolen the motion blur effect. Although it increase frame-rate a bit.

happy birthday tentril

Fucking Canadians.

Ha! I haven't even had a birthday here yet!

Although I do agree it is becoming a bit of a ghost town, with School/Collage in full swing.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, Happy Birfday.

I like you. You're second to Ila on the cuteness scale.

Right out your vagina. Happy Birthday. Your birthday present is me not putting on in the miserable users group. Also a fancy new title and thread icon.

EDIT: By the by, I honestly think roughly 2 new threads per day isn't half bad considering that there's really not all that much to talk about in the first place. I mean, 1 or 2 new Sonic games a year? A handful of birthday threads about the people who garner a lot of attention (and the people who complain about not receivng that attention? Maybe 30-60 fangames a year? Not that bad. Now, if you want to say... oh, I don't know, make some friends or maybe do some recruiting for the scene, that'd be cool. But in general I'm pretty optimistic. Every community waxes and wanes over the years, and we are just in a bit of a slump. I think things will get a lot better over the next few years. It's mostly Sonic's fault for being so damned boring most of the time.

I have plenty of friends.

Rael (my best friend), Midiman, Epon, Bonic, Taxman, Jamie Bailey, Doberman, that one black guy who doesn't post here anymore.

Happy Birthday, dear. We love you.

I'd like to amend my above statement and add LH The Hedgehog to my friends list.

And this place sucks now because apparently all the fangamers believe that original BGs, unique storylines and true-to-form genesis shit makes them somehow look like rockstars, when in reality 90% of their games are boring anyway and will never get finished no matter how many gimmicks they can say they've incorporated or how hard they study the "classic" sonic titles. Fangaming has become more of a visual popularity contest than actual fangaming, which i think is supposed to be a lighthearted form of expression more than anything. Like writing a shitty fanfic or drawing a picture

Everyone copy and paste that (CTRL-C, CTRL-V) and print it out. If you do not own a printer go to your local library. Keep that posted up on your wall at your workspace (wherever you work on your fangames).

We need people to be more creative on these boards. As alluded to earlier there are about 4-5 projects that RIGHT NOW are mirror images of each other. They just have different sprites, HUDS, etc.

Do you know how many Sonic Advance-styled, Sonic Worlds' 'engined' games I've seen in the past couple of years? A million. I cannot even differentiate them at this point. Yet, I can still pin-point other creative games that were being produced years-prior.

Dude thanks! No one on here has told me happy birthday for a few years. It's fine though, because I'm not a bitch.

Tentril trying to be a cool kid. Rubber-glue my friend.

unnecessary drama and the characters having sex with one another.

Clearly I have some work to do!

/me realizes hes working on a My Little Pony fangame.

Fucking adorable.

-

If all of you dislike me posting this thread year-in and year-out then there is a very simple solution: make me a fucking birthday thread.

If all of you dislike me posting this thread year-in and year-out then there is a very simple solution: make me a fucking birthday thread.

If I push this comment to its' extremes, you've basically just said "If you don't like me murdering people then give me a million quid and I'll stop".

Seriously, why does it fucking matter that you need your birthday recognised by some guys/gals (probably guys) on the internet?

Also go and play Sonic Classic and Eggman Hates Furries.

I can understand why you would think I'm a jerk, but half of the posts I see from you are "wheres my birthday topic" and "heres a picture of me look how cool I am". I don't enjoy such posts and really try to restrain myself quite a bit when I respond to them.

I don't think it is a cheap shot to say that you are whiny when you post threads whining about not getting a birthday thread. It is completely fair, because it is whiny. Most of my direct responses to you have been in these threads and a few times in the picture thread maybe. I really don't talk to you much, so I don't know why you have such a strong opinion about how mean I am.

tl;dr I've said like two things to you, and if you think that none of it was justified you are not paying attention to what you type.

I only think that's it's more or less like asking for a birthday present... you're just not supposed to. And, when you do, people will just consider you unpolite. Even if sometimes you're right - I don't think you got a wrong point here at all. Maybe a little exaggerated.

You know, it's a Internet community. Not everybody knows everybody. Maybe you have some people here you talk frequently, but don't confuse it with friendship, except for rare cases. Personally, I stopped trusting people from Internet a long time ago. Of course, this doesn't mean I don't trust anybody here, but I just don't open my whole life here. I will hardly complain here about something happening in my life or will either show a picture of my sexy mustache.

In the same way, I don't expect people to help me more than with fangaming here, neither writing me an e-mail, neither opening a HB thread for me. I had one this year, but it was the first time I had one.

Fucking Canadians.

Hell yeah guys, my country is moving up in the world! We're at FUCKING status now. Just gotta keep going and graduate to motherfucking and no longer will we be laughed at by all the world!

This is hilarious.

Or we could just boot your ass out... that's actually a lot easier, we'd only have to do it once instead of every year, and there's a bunch of side benefits as well.

The squeaky wheel doesn't always get the grease - sometimes it just gets thrown out and replaced.

=Smidge=

So is this him trolling or him actually being upset that the internet doesnt care?

Im trying to detect it but i honestly....can't...tell...

But this actually made me laugh, sooooo

Dude thanks! No one on here has told me happy birthday for a few years. It's fine though, because I'm not a bitch.

Your birthday passed? I could have sworn you had a Bday topic...oh well.

Happy Birthday, i used to remember what your name meant but i forgot

Eminence, I'm pretty sure that motion blur was a sfghq tutorial, so you didn't steal anything from me :).

Anyway, you shouldn't need a topic on your birthday to validate your existence. if anything, it would only serve to further worsen the ego issue you seem to have.

Enough flaming has gone on here. I'm locking this.