A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

When he talked about not collecting Chaos Emeralds in the PS3/360 version, I just kind of assumed that it would be like SA, where you got the emeralds as part of the story and didn't really have control over it.

Spike, I see what you are saying, but SA did not have "something to replace it", as the Sega rep said. He said there would be something else to replace the special stages of the 3ds version, implying there is another thing to collect in the stages. I say chao keys.

There are many different paths to take in stages, and the stages are incomplete ATM. also, look at how the enemies break. It looks a little empty. I think there will be animal and chaos drive collecting in the future.

just got home from uni yesterday so I finally had access to wireless internet to download the demo.

jesus christ is sonic fast. he's like the fastest thing alive or something.

now don't get me wrong, I like it, but sonic is just way too fast. I have no time to appreciate the surroundings. It's all too much for my eyes to take in and I was just sort of letting sonic run along and would just hope he didn't run into anything.

spindash holy fuuuuuuuuuuuu-

the great thing about green hill zone on the megadrive was just running along and being able to take in all the colourful backgrounds, but you just have no time to react here. this could let it down for me.

Wow. Seems nowadays no matter what is done people will complain. I can understand people being disappointed by Sonic 4, but putting this side by side with the Genesis games, this really IS better(I mean...

vs
???).

I know that Sonic 1 was the first game I ever bought when I was 4 years old and all... but lets be realistic I played it on my phone yesterday and its kind of slow/boring and not to mention way too easy now. Of course, I have fond memories but I'm not going to jump to conclusions and say all the new games are terrible compared to it. The XBA demo was the first thing I genuinely enjoyed playing through Sonic-related since we were burning the Dreamcast SA2 demo ISO.

There might have been a few physics bugs but you *really* have to be trying hard to be bothered by them. I especially like the new modern sonic. And if they re-use zones, uh.. so what? Its called Sonic generations and its the 20th anniversary? The aim for companies to make games are to make games they can market, and hopefully they will be good ones :P Sonic 1,2,3&K were... well, way before a lot of kids' time. I highly doubt the majority of us 20+ year olds are still playing sonic games(the ones who didn't develop the morbid obsession that we did are probably on Call of Duty or something now if they're even playing games); believe it or not people who used to play the old Sonic games will definitely be in the minority in terms of who buys this new game in 2011. Aside from that Yuji Naka isn't programming anymore and considering this is in 2.5/3D they've done a pretty damn good job that I would like to see anyone here do half of(And yes, even Damis engine and the GDK are not as complete and polished as this).

When the price drops a little I will probably pick this up on Amazon... will be the first thing Sonic related bought since SA2B : ) Thank you SEGA for getting it right(okay.. so far. please do not throw in werehogs, swords, guns or adventure mode.. please :|). Between this, SSF4AE and Street Fighter 3rd Strike online... I am pretty effing happy as an oldskool gamer this year.

Naaah... I didn't like it. It is strange.

(Just one more thing: I dunno if that happens to you guys too, but when I disconnected my console from both Xbox LIVE and the outlet, turned it on again and played the Generations Demo, it seemed like the date deadline wasn't working anymore, it says "Play the Demo!" instead of "There are X days remaining on this Demo" in the main screen, maybe due to the date settings that turn back to 2005. Anyone noticed this too?)

I played the demo a while back and I thought it was pretty good,though there are still alot of bugs that need fixing.

The only thing that I don't find very good are some of the levels they want to put in it. Green Hill and City Escape are awesome, but Planet Wisp? Seriously?

I'd rather like to see some levels from Sonic CD or from the Advance games.

Even Sonic Riders stages without the racing would make good levels I think.

I don't know if this is all true but go read yourself :http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Generations

Other than that,I really am looking forward to this game.It really seems that they've worked hard on it and it looks fun.

Well just looked at the Sonic Retro level list,

I mean seriously SEGA how many city levels do you want!?!?

Speed Highway, City Escape AND Crisis City?

I think that's a bad decision personally

The ones Im looking forward to are Sky Sanctuary, Chemical Plant and City escape.

I expected there to be more levels :(

EDIT: Make the 4 city levels, theyve got Rooftop Run in there too...

I played the demo a while back and I thought it was pretty good,though there are still alot of bugs that need fixing.

The only thing that I don't find very good are some of the levels they want to put in it. Green Hill and City Escape are awesome, but Planet Wisp? Seriously?

I'd rather like to see some levels from Sonic CD or from the Advance games.

Even Sonic Riders stages without the racing would make good levels I think.

I don't know if this is all true but go read yourself :http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Generations

Other than that,I really am looking forward to this game.It really seems that they've worked hard on it and it looks fun.

Advance and DS levels are only for the 3DS version.

And Planet Wisp is a great level :|

Commentaries or Complains, people?

FOLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW MEEEEEEEEEE

SEEEEEET MEEEEEEEEEEEEE FREEEEEEEE

TRUST MEEEE AND WEEEEEE WILL ESCAPEEEEEE FROM THE CITYYYYYYYYYY

It actually sounds like the singer is enunciating the words a little better this time around, in all seriousness.

I wonder what the "classic" version will sound like? And don't tell me it will sound like SA2....it's gotta have that phat bass and no lyrics like the original Genesis.

• 3 weeks later...

Sonic X-Treme, other than the fact it's Sonic, has nothing to do with Generations. Colors uses the same gameplay as Modern Sonic in Generations, so I can understand that, but the graphics really have nothing to do with it. LH is right, stay on topic >.> ANYWAYS, on topic: I'm so excited for this game. Not just because I love Sonic, but because Classic and Modern Sonic clash together. I love them both, but seeing Classic in CG is amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

I admit. I AM impressed. and I DID cry like a baby when I saw that Chemical Plant is half Eggmanland. And I also cried like a baby again in the first Modern section of City Escape.

I've been impressed ever since the announcement trailer. BUT, I do notice that Sonic's voice is different. Is it me, or does Sonic have a different voice actor??